News Mitch Cleary stood down indefinitely - AFL have really stepped in it this time

Remove this Banner Ad

There might be something there about AFL media not wanting to be a gossip magazine style platform, but it looks far more like the AFL got a text from Trent saying he will take Richmond out of the hub, go home and torpedo the competition because his wife was embarrassed for something she did.

A moderator posts this tinfoil shit, wow.

You seriously believe Trent has the power to say to his club "Ok lads let's end our season and not defend our flag because my wife went to a day spa"

The mind boggles lol

If a certain journalist named in this thread can bother hawthorn players at Kennedy's wifes Funeral and keep his job, while Cleary can be sacked for tweeting public Instagram posts.

Jeez

Why anonymise the prick?... The person in question is Tom Browne.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally for what it says in the post. He retweeted Brooke Cotchin 'outing' herself from the beauty salon - despite the fact that the information was already publicly known/available. Called it a 'breach of AFL privacy standards.' Absolutely bizarre, considering all AFL journos do is breach privacy and falsely report/impugn character.
So Brooke Cotchin is gay, and what is a lesbian doing in a beauty salon?

surely this has to be the final straw for Gillon, the rest of the AFL media need to come down on him and pile the pressure on him so he either walks or gets the chop himself.
'He's doing far more damage to our great game than good at the moment

I hate the standing down as much as the next person, but how is this the final straw? He has done a good job this season considering.

A moderator posts this tinfoil sh*t, wow.

You seriously believe Trent has the power to say to his club "Ok lads let's end our season and not defend our flag because my wife went to a day spa"

The mind boggles lol

Well given how much air time the AFL give these nobodies on Brownlow night who know how the AFL like to look after their favourite WAGs.

Talk about Gil & Co. not being able to read the room. AFL house and the clubs obviously have form getting up to all kinds of shenanigans to cover up player misdeeds; generally speaking no-one cares because at the end of the day it's mostly parlour gossip level stuff. In the middle of pandemic it is not going to play that way, and the decision to 'silence' the messenger is just baffling.

A close friend and former colleague is staffed at one of the QLD hubs - "allegedly" the constant demands and diva-like behaviour of some of the WAGs is causing a fair bit of tension and embarrassment for their partners and club staffers.

I wouldn't doubt that for a minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Mitch Cleary stood down indefinitely - AFL have really stepped in it this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back