News Mitch Cleary stood down indefinitely - AFL have really stepped in it this time

Remove this Banner Ad

A close friend and former colleague is staffed at one of the QLD hubs - "allegedly" the constant demands and diva-like behaviour of some of the WAGs is causing a fair bit of tension and embarrassment for their partners and club staffers.

This is very disappointing. Seems the players who are actually earning all the big money, are much more grounded than their counterparts who only find themselves in this privileged position, due to their significant other's status.

Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm really not

I'm really disgusted by this. So someone reposts something that was already public and gets "stood down".

The AFL should be GLAD this was brought to their attention. They want the season to continue don't they?

The sort of behaviour that went on could not only affect peoples health, but more importantly (to the AFL, not me) could potentially end the season.

What else has gone on that the AFL have covered up because their "media" are too scared to report it?

Also, who posts on social media a picture of getting an eyebrow pluck or whatever the **** she had done. Just a nobody who happened to hook up with an AFL player.

This is very disappointing. Seems the players who are actually earning all the big money, are much more grounded than their counterparts who only find themselves in this privileged position, due to their significant other's status.

Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm really not

Yeah, you've summed it up perfectly. That's exactly how I felt when I was hearing it.

If the WAG are only there because of their partner, should the player be suspended if the WAG breaches Covid 19 restrictions
The QLD and WA governments are not obligated to help. The HUB's are a privilege, not a right. The entitled mentality si what has gotten victoria inot the mess it is in currently. Sorry, but brooke cotchin deliberately breaking rules by going to day spa should have the fine accompanied by a plane ticket back to Victoria

Something fishy here - And I smell Cotchin being involved in this...especially as he is being ‘rested’ next match.

Clearly pulled some strings to pacify the good lady.

That woman must have one mean pelvis looking at the ‘influence’ she holds over him and Gil......

Last edited:
Something fishy here - And I smell the fingers of Cotchin being involved in this...especially as he is being ‘rested’ next match.

Clearly pulled some strings to pacify the good lady.

That woman must have one mean pelvis looking at the ‘influence’ she holds over Cotch and Gil......

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the WAG are only there because of their partner, should the player be suspended if the WAG breaches Covid 19 restrictions
The QLD and WA governments are not obligated to help. The HUB's are a privilege, not a right. The entitled mentality si what has gotten victoria inot the mess it is in currently. Sorry, but brooke cotchin deliberately breaking rules by going to day spa should have the fine accompanied by a plane ticket back to Victoria
I'll preface this with I agree with you (as I'm about to ask a Carlton question and don't want it to turn into a mud-slinging match) but if Brooke Cotchin was to be sent home (again, I agree she should) should Levi Casboult's kids be sent home as well since their grandparents enabled them to break the rules? Who would cop the penalty in their case? Levi's wife for giving the kids to the grandparents to look after? The kids themselves (a bit harsh!) or somehow try and whack the grandparents?

I don't think anyone really knows the deal with the North Melbourne case so I won't comment on that. The Hawks and Magpies is a bit different due to the perpetrators being directly employed by clubs.

OK AFL, please explain how Ch 7 wasn't forced to "stand down" AFL "reporter" Theo Doropoulos, or even revoke his AFL accreditation, when he ACTUALLY broke COVID-19 media rules by going to Ollie Wines' house for a socially distant interview, yet Wines was the one copping the one-match suspension.

Sounds like Richmond and the Cotchins had a tantrum and made the AFL sack the young bloke. Pathetic from all three parties.

“There’s a couple of layers to this. There’s no understating the tension that has existed between the three parties in this – the Cotchins, Richmond and the AFL,” he said.

“Part of the resolution was that the family would not be named, not withstanding Brooke Cotchin had published her own material in the public domain.

“It had been mentioned previously on radio and then Mitch Cleary put it out there.

“I think there’s every reason behind the scenes that prompted a level of fury and the AFL flinched.”

so

AFL stood down a reporter for reporting something that's true....

yet the AFL had no issues with reporters posting untrue stuff like back in the Essendon Drug saga days...

come on gil.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back