Toast Mitch Grigg - Fare Thee Well, We Hardly Knew Ye

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm telling you he is our version of Collingwood's Pendlebury. You wait and see.

Exciting times ahead. Get on board in 2014!
Dosnt have the reach of Pendlebury in stoppages and marking, but he does have that uncanny ability to create time and space in a situation where most players would get decked with the slightest hesitation. Like Pendlebury has done for a while now, just frustrates the shit out of the opposition supporters as they all cry 'JUST TACKLE HIM', and they cant work out why their players cant.

I think we are getting carried away with ourselfs by saying he is going to be as good as Pendels. If he can give us a similar performance as Goody I would be more than happy. And he is going to be closer to Goody than Pendels ;)

I'm telling you he is our version of Collingwood's Pendlebury. You wait and see.

Exciting times ahead. Get on board in 2014!
I see him more as our Sidebottom, but a left foot version, just seems to have the same strengths and weaknesses, I do love the Pendlebury comparisons, but I've always seen more of Sidebottom in the way he plays.

When you consider Dangerfield and Crouch will be copping the tags for some time to come, Grigg is gonna cause a lot of hurt to many an opposition:thumbsu: Not to mention Sloane and Smith.

It is the makings of a very dominant midfield if everyone comes on like they are expected to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely going to be a star! Can remember seeing youtube footage of him in his draft thread and thought he reminded me of Hodge at the time and still does!!

When you consider Dangerfield and Crouch will be copping the tags for some time to come, Grigg is gonna cause a lot of hurt to many an opposition:thumbsu: Not to mention Sloane and Smith.
Possibly. Think of Rich to your Redden or Rockliff. Hill to your Fyfe and Mundy. Given Grigg's kicking skills and decision making, he could quite feasibly become the player that the opposition looks to shut down if he starts getting more of the ball.
On the plus side dangerfield without a hard tag, yes please.

Possibly. Think of Rich to your Redden or Rockliff. Hill to your Fyfe and Mundy. Given Grigg's kicking skills and decision making, he could quite feasibly become the player that the opposition looks to shut down if he starts getting more of the ball.
On the plus side dangerfield without a hard tag, yes please.

Might be the case of a double hard tag. No way any teams are not going to tag Dangerfield, but yeah. jeeze i hope they all become stars.

Darren Jarman didn't have great foot speed, but what he did have was incredible footy nous and the ability to hit team mates on the chest from 50m away with either foot.

Grigg is a footballers footballer. He knows where to be to get the ball, and what to do with it once he's got it. His ability to keep calm in traffic, work his way through the pressure, and use the ball effectively, is outstanding for somebody as inexperienced as he is.

Must admit my first impressions were of one D Jarmin but thought it may have been a little hopeful, but holy crap the kid has that special something that very few players actually have. Imagine us having a midfielder who can deliver to a forward with precision! It's been a long time coming.

Just has time and vision and the skills to pull them off. Just another bright spot at the end of a shizen season. Hope he works even harder over the PS as a round 1 possie is his for the taking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Mitch Grigg - Fare Thee Well, We Hardly Knew Ye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back