Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

So your entire argument is based on nothing but pure hypotheticals.... and I'm the naive one :drunk:

You ever heard of professionalism in an elite performance industry? Clearly not...

Go study the recent history of the NBA, or the EPL even, and you'll find dozens of cases proving the antithesis of what you're claiming. You don't get out much do you son? Need to break out of that blurred little Blues bubble you've been cooped up in for too long o_O

Seriously? You are prepared to bank on Mitch being a professional and not letting it get to him.
Cause yeah, that’s definitely a possibility, if that happens the club would have made the right call by retaining him, congrats.

But there’s also the possibility that he won’t be as professional at a club that everyone now knows he wants out of, and is that a risk that a footy club is prepared to take with one of its players??

Walk away then, 200 players were selected before he finally got a gig and he has done nothing but show potential and a history of injuries.

He is not worth half as much as these crows fans want.

At a minimum he will get a second and one of our pre selections... Come on let’s not stir shit, not worth your time with the amount of bullshit you will cop from them.

Nah, F*** that... let’s drag it out till the last 5 minutes of the trade window to reek havoc with any other plans sos may have!...

The hatred you Adelaide supporters have developed for SOS is hilarious.

He’s going to do what’s best for the Blues, Reid acted unprofessional in the past and he made the most of it. It’s not personal. A fair deal will be done.

You really think SOS will approve of such an attrocity?

We will find a deal thats fair.. they definitely deserve to get ripped a new @sshole the way they treat players but dont think its going to happen this time.
Sos will try turn 24 + state league player into a late 1st for them and if they reject it we will walk away. Anything late first or better is well and truly overs for MM.

Did you even read the idiocy of the comment I was responding to? If not, stick to fighting your own battles perhaps.

Don't need to. What they say means bugger all like everybody else. If they say something stupid, then it's on them.

You're just adding to the shit by insulting him and pigeonholing people. Not needed.

No its part of the policies and procedures. He reportedly was coerced into signing after a game by senior club officals without his manager present. Cant do that, sorry. His manager and the club may have tidied everything up in the following days but the rumour is it wasnt signed with manager present. Dont shoot the messenger.
Clutching at more straws I see...

You’ll be able to join em all together soon... run em all the way into your bathroom and continue drinking all that bathwater whilst still sitting comfortably in your living room!...

I won’t believe that McGovern signed a contract with no manager present but if true you want wont it to drag out that long... His manager will drag you through the coals with everything they have before the first week is up.
You really think a player manager hoping to get a deal across the line with one of his clients that's got 2 years on a contract would be that dumb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to my club he is worth using as a salary dump to get us to the minimum spend, we spent 900k on lobbe for 2 years to do the same. That cost us pick 95 so I guess MM is worth about pick 60 to us.
Yet they will pay a late first rounder or 24 and McAdam like other Carlton posters have agreed with... so I guess according to your theory you will pay well overs.

FMD... does mummy still wipe your bum for you too?..

What’s wrong with you looking him up and educating yourself?.. why should I do all the work for you?.

If someone puts the name of someone up on this site that I don’t know.. I bloody get to work and google it.

Dont expect everything to be handed to you on a platter.
Thanks for the tip smelly clam
I’ll get right onto it

To Adelaide supporters, here’s some advice.

Do with McGovern what we did with Gibbs, set your price and don’t except anything less and end up retaining him.

Then get mcgovern to play one of his best seasons next year to force us into paying what you want for him, the way Gibbs did for us.

I’m sure McGovern would be mlre than happy to do that for you.

Cheers :)

Yet they will pay a late first rounder or 24 and McAdam like other Carlton posters have agreed with... so I guess according to your theory you will pay well overs.
I actually suggested that trade was acceptable, I was referring to the delusional ones wanting 12/13+25 or pick 1 to be invovled which seems to be the more norm crows fans demands on here.

The hatred you Adelaide supporters have developed for SOS is hilarious.

He’s going to do what’s best for the Blues, Reid acted unprofessional in the past and he made the most of it. It’s not personal. A fair deal will be done.
Mate..

The crap we crows supporters have to put up with from some of your fellow Carlton supporters not only here on the main board but even on our own board is beyond a joke..

All this bloody rubbish rumours about camps, contract signings, McGovern’s feelings, blah, blah, blah.. like any of it makes one iota of difference.. no wonder some of us finally decide to tell them all to put up or shut up or simply start taking the piss out of them.. but nope.. not one of them when asked to back up their wild statements and rumours can do so... not ****in one.

It’s just pathetic... then they turn around and tell us we’re gonna be offered a mid second rounder for him and we have to accept it.. what planet are these morons from?.

If Reid is anything like these delusional supporters wanting pick 12 + 25 or pick 1 to be involved then I am afraid to say they will.

Just walk away, not worth our time.

Crows will be desperate to get something for him he is good as gone and then some... he is gone gone... and we will be very fair with the deal they will get a 1st round pick or equivelant.

Clutching at more straws I see...

You’ll be able to join em all together soon... run em all the way into your bathroom and continue drinking all that bathwater whilst still sitting comfortably in your living room!...

Oh I like you. If Mitch nominated for the draft this year, where would he be selected? Somewhere in the 20-30 range? Thats what you'll get and a player. Give up on the first rounder cause its not happening.

Right from the start I said the camp is why hes leaving but I was reliable informed by yourself and your cohort its all about the cash. Turns out I was right as hes on similar money if he winds up with us and he knocked back a huge offer from Freo last year on even more money.

Whats going on? Why does he want to leave?

I really don't understand this logic.

Every player that requests a trade wants out. This being the case, how is market price affected?
Yea I said it multiple times, every player that requests a trade wants out. There’s never been a player request a trade that didn’t want out. To say he wants out so we’ve lost bargaining power is bizzare

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back