Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking you either take the two second rounders or a second round and a player and call it a day. You cant keep waving around a contract that wasnt signed with his manager present.
Ummmmm

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/mi...wn-dockers-signs-new-crows-deal-ng-b88583035z

The 22-year-old loomed as one of the hottest prospects in the upcoming trade period, with Fremantle offering what was believed to be a five-year deal worth up to $750,000 a year.

His management team Colin Young and Andrew McDougall completed the deal on Tuesday morning.

“It’s a great result for Mitch and the family,” McDougall said.

“Adelaide are in a strong window at the moment and Mitch gets the opportunity to keep developing and keep growing as a player.

“At the end of the day his main heart was to stay at Adelaide.”

You only have to look at the history of trades, a team generally pays overs for a contracted player....even sos said this him self.

Do you want us to pull out picks that we don’t have from our arse to satisfy your demands?

We have our currency, pick 24 and pick 25 and a state league player.

If something can’t be done with them directly with Adelaide or through another club, then we don’t have the currency you are asking for, so you either sell him for what we do have or keep him, but in this particular scenario his contract means nothing if we don’t have the currency to pay your price :)

Ummmmm

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/mi...wn-dockers-signs-new-crows-deal-ng-b88583035z

The 22-year-old loomed as one of the hottest prospects in the upcoming trade period, with Fremantle offering what was believed to be a five-year deal worth up to $750,000 a year.

His management team Colin Young and Andrew McDougall completed the deal on Tuesday morning.

“Adelaide are in a strong window at the moment and Mitch gets the opportunity to keep developing and keep growing as a player.

Drop the mic bicks

Im thinking you either take the two second rounders or a second round and a player and call it a day. You cant keep waving around a contract that wasnt signed with his manager present.
What the hell does it matter if the contract was signed with or without his manager present?... means absolutely nothing... Mitch is old enough to make decisions for himself without his manager being present.. no one was holding a gun to his head ffs..

Ummmmm

Then why is Adelaide media still brining this up? Sounds like something dodgy has gone on. Better take our second rounder and run.

Do you want us to pull out picks that we don’t have from our arse to satisfy your demands?

If something can’t be done with them directly with Adelaide or through another club, then we don’t have the currency you are asking for, so you either sell him for what we do have or keep him, but in this particular scenario his contract means nothing if we don’t have the currency to pay your price :)
What you have as far as Draft Currency ...does not then determine McGoverns Value :rolleyes:

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif
Um ok. Have a look at any of the draft profiles, draft previews from recruiters, specific references to this draft being a super draft or even look at posts from those who follow the drafts closely on bf. Are you trying to make Crow supporters look ignorant? If so well done. Mission accomplished.

24 and McAdam sounds fair. Given the circumstances.

Reporting in Adelaide media of all places. Mark Bickley is the claimant.

This is going to be a circus! Especially with McGoverns manager working with trade radio.

Please just get the deal done on day 1 somehow. Mid first round for both of our seconds, pass it on to Adelaide along with a pact to not trade with each other for the next 5 years.

So, who is he?

Ps.....I don’t worship anyone..........apart from Jezza.

Only one of the best Recruiting Managers in the country, the guy responsible for spotting talent (and getting them for unders no less) like Crouch, Atkins, Cameron, Lever, McGovern, Knight, Milera, Greenwood, Keath, Fogarty, Gallucci and even having the balls to take Doedee with a 1st round pick when everyone else laughed him out of town for doing so, while Ryan Burton was still on the board at that pick.

I’m happy if Carlton can trade 24 and 25 to another club for an earlier pick or 24 and McAdam if they grab him....my point is Carlton doing the work to get an earlier pick for 24 25 and not us.

Ummmmm

I really dont want to deflate your tyres as this is too easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right. Steak knives back to Carlton. Sydney has pick 12 btw. Pick 13 allowing for Lynch compo. It has been said before, but how the hell can Adelaide supporters not get the fact that all the reports are saying the quality in this years draft is significantly better than any draft for a while. Pick 13ish is bloody good compo for Mitch (even when contracted)for anyone who understands even the basics of player trading. It would be like Adelaide getting pick 7 or 8 for him in previous two or three drafts. Not a complicated point and probably about time Crows supporters at least acknowledged that pick 13 - 16 far from nothing at the trade table this year.

That narrative will come after the trade is done... bookmark it.

Only one of the best Recruiting Managers in the country, the guy responsible for spotting talent (and getting them for unders no less) like Crouch, Atkins, Cameron, Lever, McGovern, Knight, Milera, Greenwood, Keath, Fogarty, Gallucci and even having the balls to take Doedee with a 1st round pick when everyone else laughed him out of town for doing so, while Ryan Burton was still on the board at that pick.
Ok
Thanks for the reply
Everyone has their own view on who is the best recruiting manager...generally biased along club lines, unless you’re a GC or StK fan i’d Imagine.
So we’ll just leave it at that hey.

What you have as far as Draft Currency ...does not then determine McGoverns Value :rolleyes:

Umm yeah it sort of does.

Like I said to someone else earlier, if I need to sell my house but someone only has a certain amount that’s less than what I ask for, I can either sell my house for a discount, or hold onto it for longer hoping that some other person will come along and offer me the price I want, which there is no guarantee will happen.

So, the supply and demand dictates the market price, if you can get another club to offer what you are asking for before Mitch’s price starts to decline then do it, otherwise you’ll have to decide if taking a discount now is better than a potentially bigger loss in future.

Happens everyday like this in the real world :)

When did they start handing out crystal balls to 12 year olds? :think:

Since always. What crap have I been reading here from crows fans?

- McGovern is only wanting to go to Carlton for the money. Who would want to go to Carlton?
- They won't ever see finals in his career.
- Wooden spoons for many years to come.
- McGovern would be their best player.
- Carlton's best 22 is that bad.
- Charlie is a midfielder and McGovern is much better than him.

Blah, blah, blah. I think people need to look in their own backyard before they give others crap.

Oh yeah sure, because players that are very unhappy at their club and don’t believe in the club anymore end up having better seasons afterwards huh lol

Use some common logic doofus :)

Please provide me a clear example of when what you are claiming has ever eventuated with any one player, genius? :drunk:

That narrative will come after the trade is done... bookmark it.

Im saying Crows should get out 2nd round picks its worth more this year than previous years but are happy with one mid first rounder.

Thats GREAT news for us - SOS can package state league player + 2nd round pick move up the draft and get a 1st round considering we have two good 2nd rounders we could end up three first round picks and give one to the Crows.

I’m happy if Carlton can trade 24 and 25 to another club for an earlier pick or 24 and McAdam if they grab him....my point is Carlton doing the work to get an earlier pick for 24 25 and not us.

Do you really think we wouldn’t try to get you what you wanted by approaching other clubs to make a swap with us.

But if we are unable to, then what?

Because youre not allowed to do that.
So if I’m a footy player and I want to re-sign to a new contract.. I can’t ring up my manager and say “I’m re-signing with the crows.. just done my side of the paper work.. can you get over here and sign your side”.. I’ve actually gotta have my manager present?...

Not that it matters now because your bullshit story has been blown to smitherines about 5 comments ago..

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back