Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is Carlton Don't just want him for a Forward Role, they want a Rance or Big Brother type player. And he will be very good in that loose tall defender role.

we dont want him to be a defender we want him to be a leader in forward line. being a big brother player the Governor to the two Prince's Harry and Charlie.. geez I love my club.

Doesnt matter why they want him, Clubs have an idea of their players worth and value and a contracted player that needs the permission of his current club to move needs to be satisfied and think it will. Wont be #15 or #25 but somewhere around the #20 area and will get done

You'd think it would get done early. Contracted, around the 20 mark- he has ability but needs to take it to the next level. Value doesn't change with mass foaming, unless you cave in like the Dees and Lions did ;)

You'd think it would get done early. Contracted, around the 20 mark- he has ability but needs to take it to the next level. Value doesn't change with mass foaming, unless you cave in like the Dees and Lions did ;)
Contracted the deal gets done for a pick around 10 in value every day of the week despite the frothing on here

Hopefully this trade gets done early. I dont think either club will want to waste time on it.

Also unlike the gibbs deal last year everyone knows they need to work on a deal for this.
Just can't see the trade being a quick one ....unfortunately

Contracted the deal gets done for a pick around 10 in value every day of the week despite the frothing on here

It gets done for Crows supporters obviously. It's double his actual trade value so it doesn't eventuate. As stated, lots of ability- now needs to bring it regularly. The Crows list mgmt can make it difficult if it makes the masses happy I guess, Govs trade value still won't change though.

It gets done for Crows supporters obviously. It's double his actual trade value so it doesn't eventuate. As stated, lots of ability- now needs to bring it regularly. The Crows list mgmt can make it difficult if it makes the masses happy I guess, Govs trade value still won't change though.
Sorry but you are not the crows list management and considering he is a contracted player they will get considerably more than a pick around 20..if you don't like that...bad luck as he is contracted

Sorry but you are not the crows list management and considering he is a contracted player they will get considerably more than a pick around 20..if you don't like that...bad luck as he is contracted

Yeah, I already explained I'm not not part of the Crows valuation team. It'll be a clean trade for 20 or a saga. BF awaits..

Please admit you have been wrong in this thread when the trade happens and the idea that MM is worth a top ten pick becomes absurd compared to what he gets traded for. In this draft and after the year that Mitch has had and under the circumstances he left there is zero, none ,not even a 1% chance he goes for a top ten pick. Saying the same rubbish that goes against all logic repeatedly does not make it true. Ill come on here and admit I'm wrong if Mitch gets traded for more than pick 13 after the Lynch compensation, which is what I stated from the beginning.

Please admit you have been wrong in this thread when the trade happens and the idea that MM is worth a top ten pick becomes absurd compared to what he gets traded for. In this draft and after the year that Mitch has had and under the circumstances he left there is zero, none ,not even a 1% chance he goes for a top ten pick. Saying the same rubbish that goes against all logic repeatedly does not make it true. Ill come on here and admit I'm wrong if Mitch gets traded for more than pick 13 after the Lynch compensation, which is what I stated from the beginning.
Don't worry, we'll chase you if you go into hiding as expected .....or as usual when Posters back-track their statements

What???. How about you admit you are wrong as reality will bite hard when carlton pay overs and overs aint 2 x 2nd rounders..it will be well into the 1st round +

Blah blah...pick 20 won't get a seat at the table. There are literally hundereds of previous posts explaing why your trade logic is flawed

Youre whole argument hinges on the Gibbs trade. The one glaring issue here is McGovern hasnt proven himself to be Gibbs quality. Gibbs produced his best season when the trade got done, has missed minimal games over his career, and overall has produced quality football over the length of his career.

The only similarity is that they are/were contracted when requesting a trade. Second rounder plus change (player or priority state selection) or you keep a very disgruntled player in your ranks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Carlton are too focused on other needs and deals.

Mitch is the cherry on the cake. Carlton are still mixing and adding to the cake mix.

If all Mitch wants is cash Gold Coast.

If he wants success Eagles.

Crows won' get full market price. Too many good players on the move who are either better than Mitch or fill a need better.

Staying at the Crows would be a bad move for everyone.

Well congratulations to your team today and i hope Mitch doesnt have any second thoughts about heading west.
Your team turned up to play today at the MCG and showed what can be achieved when you have a fair dinkum red hot go in the grand final :thumbsu:

Youre whole argument hinges on the Gibbs trade. The one glaring issue here is McGovern hasnt proven himself to be Gibbs quality. Gibbs produced his best season when the trade got done, has missed minimal games over his career, and overall has produced quality football over the length of his career.

The only similarity is that they are/were contracted when requesting a trade. Second rounder plus change (player or priority state selection) or you keep a very disgruntled player in your ranks.
CONTRACTED..crows can as for whatever they want as they hold all the aces..carlton dont pay then they dont get him like literally hunderds of posts previous have pointed out. Contracts 101

Wash rinse repeat..crows can as for whatever they want and if carlton don't pay it they dont get him..this is the response to every time you guys don't understand this situation

Delusional. The only thing youre hanging your hats on is the contract. Show me McGovern's output compared with Gibbs. Show me the value of McGovern to your club and ours. Not even remotely akin to Gibbs.

Delusional. The only thing youre hanging your hats on is the contract. Show me McGovern's output compared with Gibbs. Show me the value of McGovern to your club and ours. Not even remotely akin to Gibbs.
If McGovern so ordinary perhaps you can explain why your mob have been pursuing him so keenly....are they bad talent judges?.......Ummmm best you not answer that.

McGovern is finished at adelaide.
Don Pyke said so.
Did Don lie ?

Don Pyke said that it's in both party's best interests for him to move on but he also said that Gov understands that if a deal can't be reached he'll remain in Adelaide. What do you think Pyke said? Quotes please, not your delusional interpretation.

Two completely different players. Ones a KPP, the other is a midfielder.. suggesting we compare them to each other is downright stupid.. as are most of your comments on this subject.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back