Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have to be McAdam

Mate, I doubt you’d find any Carlton supporters that disagree with a trade involving pick 24 and state player, or pick 24 & 25.
We are happy to make that trade every day of the week.

We aren’t the ones arguing with that idea, it’s many of your fellow crow supporters that seem to think they have us over a barrel and can demand more as though we are so desperate for McGovern that we’d pay whatever Adelaide demand lol

What they can’t seem to grasp is that if Adelaide don’t accept our offer, we are more than glad for Adelaide to keep a disgruntled McGovern on their list because we won’t be paying overs, simple as that

Mate, I doubt you’d find any Carlton supporters that disagree with a trade involving pick 24 and state player, or pick 24 & 25.

We aren’t the ones arguing with that idea, it’s many of your fellow crow supporters that seem to think they have us over a barrel and can demand more as though we are so desperate for McGovern that we’d pay whatever Adelaide demand lol

What they can’t seem to grasp is that if Adelaide don’t accept our offer, we are more than glad for Adelaide to keep a disgruntled McGovern on their list because we won’t be paying overs, simple as that
Carlton would have to turn that 24 25 into a higher pick themselves and then give us that pick...we don’t want to have to do that work.....and I’m happy

Carlton would have to turn that 24 25 into a higher pick themselves and then give us that pick...we don’t want to have to do that work.....and I’m happy

And trust me, if SOS can find someone to swap those picks with, he will do it, he’ll definitely try.

It’s not like we won’t try to find you a higher pick if someone wants to swap, I’m sure SOS is working the phones trying to do it

We are happy to make that trade every day of the .

You'd find plenty disagreeing with the 24/25 bundle. Way overs. 24 & a nudge..

And trust me, if SOS can find someone to swap those picks with, he will do it, he’ll definitely try.

It’s not like we won’t try to find you a higher pick if someone wants to swap, I’m sure SOS is working the phones trying to do it
As much as a lot of Carlton fans don’t rate him high he will become a very good player... he’s a better fit for Carlton’s forward line a lot of young blokes like himself they will form a good understanding...he is a ready made player that is in Carlton best 22... Carlton fans if he comes to your club and you watch him every week and actually see what he is capable of, you will start to understand why crows fans rate him.

What???. How about you admit you are wrong as reality will bite hard when carlton pay overs and overs aint 2 x 2nd rounders..it will be well into the 1st round +
No it wont be a 1st round+ and obviously you know that. Bloody obvious you post stupidity for the sake of annoying posters. Not one person in the media is even remotely suggesting a top ten pick would be on the table. Not even Andrew McGovern would expect a top ten pick in exchange for his son. Ill bet the pick is after 13 once the Lynch compensation (After 12 in the unlikely event GC matches all offers) is handed out. If it is more (in terms of draft pick value) ill come on this thread and post that you are right and I was way off in my understanding of afl trade. If it is a higher pick than thirteen (not points, as two second rounders is more points than pick 13, but rather the pick offered) then you do the same and post that you were wrong and dont understand afl trade in this thread. Zero chance you'll accept the offer of the bet as it insanely obvious you are simply using the McGovern situation to mindlessly abuse rival posters.

Last edited:

I agree with the vast majority of what you have said, except the last part. Carlton naturally have to pay overs for a player who is under contract for two more seasons, like Adelaide had to for Gibbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans Lose pick 12 and get pick 24 and 25.
Adelaide lose McGovern and get pick 12
Blues lose picks 24 and 25 and get McGovern.
That appears to be a popular trade scenario .....I'm not against it, albeit there "maybe" steak knives attached ....but my issue still remains, that still makes it difficult for Carlton to get other players they're linked to ..... Shiel, Fasolo, Setterfield .....is SOS "Felix the Cat"

latest

Crows choice i guess ...
If the House fails to reach the "reserved" price ......it's often withdrawn, unless the owner must sell ...this is the delusion you're under, the Crows are happy to retain McGovern

I'm sure you'll point to historical trades .....and I'm not going to raise Gibbs, that's irrelevant here ...what I'm saying is, there's a new era coming that the AFL Clubs are pushing ...that is the trading of Contracted Players to whoever offer the best deal

This push by AFL Clubs assumes the Clubs are no longer interested in whether the player agrees or wants to play for that club ......it's an American Model of trading, that laughs at this infantile "go home factor, babysitting for newborns by parents, and University studies of girlfriends :rolleyes:

It's coming ....the League is going forward, not stuck in history, not stagnant ...as most of the arguments here presume

Yeah I don't think we'll be chucking Weitering up for trade.

Besides state league players are worth around 20 to 30. Weitering is playing like someone worth around 20 to 30.

Why is 24 and dibs on a state league player not enough? How is it any worse than what you came up with?
OMG .....you just lumped every State League player around the Country at the same level in the Draft ......WOW what ignorance

You keep coming up with one dimensional trade options, argue their merits .....simply because that's all you've got in trade chips .....so amateurish in your thinking

You'd think it would get done early. Contracted, around the 20 mark- he has ability but needs to take it to the next level. Value doesn't change with mass foaming, unless you cave in like the Dees and Lions did ;)
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back