Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Luckily Mark Ricciutto has more creditability than JohnnyFontane90 and he publicly said 24 and 25 wont do it

So what will do it, is probably the question and going by that something around 10 will

pick 10!? lol. your talking crows McGovern yer? your not getting him confused with the WC one?
McGovern might get a nice paid year holiday. lucky guy

pick 10!? lol. your talking crows McGovern yer? your not getting him confused with the WC one?
Crows won't sit him for a year, if he chooses not the play then he won't get paid. He'll play in the SANFL and have the exact same expecations as he would if he was playing for our 1sts. I wouldn't be surprised if he returns and plays at a high level and plays AFL footy, the crows will treat it as business as usual and if he gets over not being traded (assuming it doesn't happen) then there's no reason for him not to play.

Yeah the Crows would call that bluff, same way we did with Cameron last year. People said we wouldn't get pick 12 for him and he'd sit on the side lines in 2018 if we refused to trade him. All the Crows had to do was sit back and wait for Brisbane to pony up.

Yeah the Crows would call that bluff, same way we did with Cameron last year. People said we wouldn't get pick 12 for him and he'd sit on the side lines in 2018 if we refused to trade him. All the Crows had to do was sit back and wait for Brisbane to pony up.

problem is carlton has nothing in between or players for currency etc

No they paid the bare minimum they knew Essendon would accept on account of their draft sanctions. You remember Melbourne supporters banging on about only paying pick 23 for Bernie Vince? It's a similar situation. Crows were desperate for picks in a year of draft sanctions.
23 was around the money/overs for a 28yr old midfielder whose form had tailed off, only averaged 20 possessions a game in his last 2 years at the Crows and was seemingly on the outer. They got 4 years of service before he was no longer best 22. Good pick up given their list profile but a high price to pay given they could have selected Matt Crouch. Demons certainly lost that trade.

23 was around the money/overs for a 28yr old midfielder whose form had tailed off, only averaged 20 possessions a game in his last 2 years at the Crows and was seemingly on the outer. They got 4 years of service before he was no longer best 22. Good pick up given their list profile but a high price to pay given they could have selected Matt Crouch. Demons certainly lost that trade.
Yeah but it only looks that way in hindsight because we nailed that pick. It was a very divisive trade amongst Crows supporters at the time.

7 out of the next 10 picks would also have been a win.
I had no issues with the trade because Bernie used to shit me to tears but many Adelaide supporters were freaking out about it at the time. People always thought he was just about to turn it around and when you look at his first 2 years at Melbourne, they weren't far off.

There is no doubt this trade will get done. Everybody associated will be reasonable. Carlton have 2 second round picks (24 and 25) at the moment. They also have a second round pick next year (likely 19-22) and 2 state league players who most people in the industry rate as approx 2nd round picks. Thats 5 pretty good 2nd round picks. SOS has been creative in his trading over the last few years and he will use those picks to find something that is acceptable for the crows (whatever that may be).

Pick 1 wont be used as it seems carlton have a hard on for walsh (or lukocious if we cant pry mcgovern free) but i have the feeling that next years first is in play for the right deal. Now, Mcgovern is nowhere near next years first in value but depending on who our other targets are, (shiel, setterfield, etc) i think we will be willing to split that pick into players and picks in order to satisfy the Crows.

Mcgovern is clearly not going back to adelaide, both camps have admitted that he does not fit into each others plans and i am pretty confident carlton have the assets to get the deal done

Given the crows have publicly said that they won't accept 2 second rounders, I highly doubt there is any substance to this. If you're quoting Barrett you might as well start quoting people on here, the credibility of the claim would be about the same.

I am quoting him because he is considered an authority and employed across multiple meadiums/companies, despite what you may think of his opinion (obviously not much given it doesn't suit your narrative) it is an official source. I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion, but it's far from on the par of quoting a BF posters. That's disingenuous.

I think the only circle work going on is Carlton fans dreaming of getting Mitch McGovern for nothing...

Again disingenuous and a misrepresentation of the thread. There is a hell of a lot from both sides; enough hot air to send us all in a balloon from Adelaide to Melbourne and back I'd say.

I've heard that line about the mature state league players, and I honestly can't see the need for Adelaide to recruit players of that age bracket; the list is already ageing and the only area we really need immediate support in is ruck... plus we've already delisted (2016) arguably the best state league player going around: Mitch Grigg.
I mean, the club is a shambles, but the one area that you can rely on us doing well with is recruiting and talent id (that only extends to players, Ogilvie and team clearly don't do the scouting for our Head Office appointments).

I too am skeptical that it would satisfy Adelaide, but it has been spoken about twice now (think the other source was an AFL.com.au article but not sure). The only way it would make sense is indeed the reasoning that you posted and I agree with it 100%. Adelaide's recruiting department has really been first class and shown time and time again they can discover players deep in the draft/outside the common group think. Perhaps they have someone in mind and want the priority access to them as they aren't sure if they will be available at 19 or not? I'm just spit balling rather than hoping btw...

Actually... Kane cornes has come out and stated that adelaide will be asking for a pick in the 10-12 range for mcgovern and that adelaide wont have forgotten about the gibbs trade!.. hes not a vicco.. but im not quoting him here.

Matty lloyd is saying the same thing.

But again.. its the media.. last i looked they arent invited to sut at the trade table in discussions between adelaide and carlton..

Where have Lloyd and Cornes said that? On the trade table last night, Barrett listed the trade as a shoo-in and said it would be done with the mature selection and trimmings. The other two didn't interject at all and either said nothing or silently agreed. Not saying they haven't said it but would seem strange not to discuss it when brought up...

24+25 will get it done as long as Sydney agree to trading 12 for the two picks.

Sydney win and get more points
Carlton win as they are only giving up 24+25
Adelaide win as they get their 10-15 pick.

I'm not sure why we needed 309 pages to discuss this.

Over to you SOS to get 12. Shouldn't be hard seeing as it about a 300 point increase for Sydney for securing Blakely.

Any compo picks that come in this deal still works for all parties.

There is no doubt this trade will get done. Everybody associated will be reasonable. Carlton have 2 second round picks (24 and 25) at the moment. They also have a second round pick next year (likely 19-22) and 2 state league players who most people in the industry rate as approx 2nd round picks. Thats 5 pretty good 2nd round picks. SOS has been creative in his trading over the last few years and he will use those picks to find something that is acceptable for the crows (whatever that may be).

Pick 1 wont be used as it seems carlton have a hard on for walsh (or lukocious if we cant pry mcgovern free) but i have the feeling that next years first is in play for the right deal. Now, Mcgovern is nowhere near next years first in value but depending on who our other targets are, (shiel, setterfield, etc) i think we will be willing to split that pick into players and picks in order to satisfy the Crows.

Mcgovern is clearly not going back to adelaide, both camps have admitted that he does not fit into each others plans and i am pretty confident carlton have the assets to get the deal done
This is more or less what I think too. They will package up a bunch of picks into a mid-first rounder to make it palatable for Adelaide. I can't see how this trade gets done otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24+25 will get it done as long as Sydney agree to trading 12 for the two picks.

Sydney win and get more points
Carlton win as they are only giving up 24+25
Adelaide win as they get their 10-15 pick.

I'm not sure why we needed 309 pages to discuss this.

Over to you SOS to get 12. Shouldn't be hard seeing as it about a 300 point increase for Sydney for securing Blakely.

Any compo picks that come in this deal still works for all parties.

Put the crack pipe down. MM is only worth one of those 2nd rounders, contracted or not.

Put the crack pipe down. MM is only worth one of those 2nd rounders, contracted or not.
In a non biased opinion as both lever and McGovern were both AFC players. While they were both with us I was always more desperate to keep MM over lever. Much more valuable player. We got 2 firsts for an out of contracted lever so when you say MM is not even worth 2 second rounders with a 2 year contract remaining, frankly you have NFI.....with all due respect

Mitch is not Jeremy.

He is turning 24 and shown promise - Jeremy has made multiple AA's from age of 22.

Again... Mitch is not Jeremy. He is a 11 posession 1 goal player

In a non biased opinion as both lever and McGovern were both AFC players. While they were both with us I was always more desperate to keep MM over lever. Much more valuable player. We got 2 firsts for an out of contracted lever so when you say MM is not even worth 2 second rounders with a 2 year contract remaining, frankly you have NFI.....with all due respect

Frankly, you greatly overrate MM and are talking shit.

Mitch is not Jeremy.

He is turning 24 and shown promise - Jeremy has made multiple AA's from age of 22.

Again... Mitch is not Jeremy. He is a 11 posession 1 goal player
And you are willing to pay a lot of money for him.
Similarly Hogan is worth a second and an upgrade of a third.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back