Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

jus saw a 3 way dance posted on FB.

Blues give 2 2nd rounders to Sydney for 13, then on trade 13 and McAdam to the Crows for Gov.

Works for the Swans because they want points for Blakey, works for the Crows because they get the pointy end of MM's value and works for the Blues because they get their man and they never wanted to keep McAdam anyway
Equivelant to around pick 6 for Gov based on points

Not bad SOS did they go in dry

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

jus saw a 3 way dance posted on FB.

Blues give 2 2nd rounders to Sydney for 13, then on trade 13 and McAdam to the Crows for Gov.

Works for the Swans because they want points for Blakey, works for the Crows because they get the pointy end of MM's value and works for the Blues because they get their man and they never wanted to keep McAdam anyway

Really odd result.

Everyone feels like a winner.

Really odd result.

Or do we all feel like losers? You’ve got yourself a beauty. He is going to show a lot of people, especially Freo fans, they know jack shit about what a gun match winning footballer looks like in the early days. My bet is he will average 9 marks next season and kick 40+ on the provisio he doesn’t do another hammy.

Edit: maybe not 40+, have to take into account it’s Carlton. Let’s say 32+.

We dont need revenge you already gifted us Betts

Sure. I still love Eddie, but.

A stay at home small forward, with zero midfield rotation upside. Ineffective in finals; and arguably a type no team can afford to carry in today's football. Depend on Eddie to get it done and it works some days from March to August.

I'm more filthy about letting Jacobs go so we could keep **** ing Hampson.

Now that was a blinder of a blunder. Fortunately for my sleep patterns, a blunder nearing it's use by date.

I feel it'll end up a pretty even deal with hopefully that 2019 3rd going back our way.

Very pleased to have Mitch at Carlton, guy can seriously play and has only shown a small portion of what he can do.

Really odd result.

They're always odd deals when the points system is involved because one club is playing for different stakes.

They have something they have no use for and everyone else is clamouring for. The Swans were called in in similar circumstances to be the circuit breaker in the Carlisle deal too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or do we all feel like losers? You’ve got yourself a beauty. He is going to show a lot of people, especially Freo fans, they know jack shit about what a gun match winning footballer looks like in the early days. My bet is he will average 9 marks next season and kick 40+ on the provisio he doesn’t do another hammy.

Edit: maybe not 40+, have to take into account it’s Carlton. Let’s say 32+.

As he'll most likely be playing the same role his brother does at the Eagles, it could be none.

We have an embarrassment of riches in young tall forwards. But lack a strong anchor who can grab it out of the air up back. Goodbye Rowe and his uncontested punch spoils. Bloke does his best, but you need more than god gave to him.

Ol’ mates Bearded Clam and Crow til I Die will be disappointed they didn’t get the 2x first rounders they were sure they would get. This feels like a huge win for Carlton after all the posturing that went on.
I thought a first only being overs for a contracted player the steak knives were handy

As he'll most likely be playing the same role his brother does at the Eagles, it could be none.

We have an embarrassment of riches in young tall forwards. But lack a strong anchor who can grab it out of the air up back. Goodbye Rowe and his uncontested punch spoils. Bloke does his best, but you need more than god gave to him.

You don’t actually. You have one really. The others two may play 22 games of AFL football but they aren’t ready. It will be interesting to see if you give him a shot up forward. But as you say, good prospect as 3rd tall interceptor like his brother. Looked quite good there for us at times this year.

But I prefer him forward. Marks tall, smart running patterns that compliment his other forwards. Great defensive pressure. Only question mark is his kicking. Kicked a couple of big goals late though, against Pies to draw and what should have been to win against Port. But misses some easy ones.

I’d definitely be giving him a crack forward and having him run his man up and down the ground.

You don’t actually. You have one really. The others two may play 22 games of AFL football but they aren’t ready. It will be interesting to see if you give him a shot up forward. .

One is more than half the teams in the game have. And Curnow's future is only passing through the front half, not living there.

And. I wouldn't expect another Club supporter to have detailed knowledge of developing players at Carlton. Why would you?

McKay will break out in 2019. He's been held back because he has been slow to accept what he has been asked to learn. Ready now though. Kerr is not rated by some, but I think he's even better. Different type, but real footy smarts and can kick it.

And then consider De Koning. Who? I hear you ask?

One thing we have done really well in the past couple of years is lock in the infants who show a bit to early extensions. De Koning is unique in that respect. He was extended before he made his senior debut. Not Curnow, not McKay, not the exciting young mids. That's how highly he is regarded. Got some bulking up to do, but he is an absolute ripper.

Seems a decent trade, but losing both 2nd rounders I am struggling to see how we now get Setterfield..

That's already done and dusted. May be some details to tidy up, but it's done.

Future second and perhaps some small steak knives is my guess. Maybe 42, but I believe that number is part of a whole new thing we have not heard about yet.

Here comes your boy the trade bater:eyes:

:rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight:

Carlton and Gold Coast will be granted priority access to 1-2 mature age player(s) - likely confirmed tomorrow - and will take Shane McAdam with the first pick. Assuming the AFL can win the PR battle and allow the rules on the run Carlton will then trade him to Adelaide for Mitch McGovern.

McAdam is valued by most recruiters in the 15-20 range and is the best player in the state leagues, he is this years Tim Kelly. Gold Coast will not be happy missing out on the most valuable mature player and other teams also really wanted him.

Crows will be very happy to secure McAdam who gets to stay where he is settled in Adelaide. They get a talented forward to replace McGovern in the side and also a player who can be the future after Eddie Betts.

Posted this a few weeks ago saying McAdam would be a crow.

Must be at least a future 3rd rounder coming back to Carlton, certainly a pick from Adelaide and even the chance of a little change from Sydney as well.

Surely Pick 13 would've done it at alone if push came to shove and I truly believe my mail was correct that teams rated McAdam very highly. He's certainly rated higher than the kid Geelong gave pick 42 for, if not in the 20's then at least early 30's. Think the Crows would easily throw in a future 3rd to get him if the needed to.

Either way the Crows have done very well here and I reckon they're one to watch with live trading now. They could move up on draft night as a South Australian falls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back