Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

i would love to have him at richmond, very highly rated youngster kpf has height & talent................you dont loose that overnight

something hasnt worked for him at hawthorn,maybe the kick up the backside on being delisted may just trigger him to pull his finger out

if he wants to come to richmond great psd2 otherwise if he decides to enter the nd pick 51 nothing before first 4 picks are for young untried talent.

Damian has spoken to Mitch, my little birdie tells me that he has attitude problems. He thought because he was on a list that he was a star, maybe now he will realise that he will have to work harder. Worth a try if he is available at 44.

I think we should take him
it's hard to see a player coming to a club and being arogant like he apparently was at the hawks after being delisted with a year to run on your contract
You could be put back into line very easily

I think if Hardwick wants him then we will get him in the PSD. Would love him down on our forward line, would really solve a few structural problems! I seem to remember us getting another talented youngster a couple of years ago with additude problems (apparently) and he turned out alright!!

194cm KP essentially for free would be an amazing recruit ecspecially if he were to live up to his hype when he comes to Tiger land.

Does anyone think Melbourne will want to have a crack at him??

Hmmmm if its true that Richmond and Carlton have had talks to him then I would guess that Hardwick is interested, because if Damien wasnt I dont think he would have even bothered. If thats the case then with Mitch being only 20 then I would use our last pick in the National Draft saving our pick number 2 in the PSD. I think Essendons Walsh would be a good get at pick 2 in the PSD.

I was listening to Liam Pickering discussing Mitch Thorp today. (Liam is his manager). He said that he had had discussions with Craig Cameron and that Die Hard will meet with Mitch sometime in the next couple of weeks. He confirmed that DH had spoken to Mitch by phone. He said that Mitch was a good fit for RFC, especially with his mate Jumpin Jack being there. (or any other club that was rebuilding). At only 20 years of age he said Mitch had a lot to offer - said he was selected at #6 for a reason.
He also confirmed that Mitch didn't get on with a few Hawk players due to his cockiness.

A mate of mine who claims to have inside contacts at the Hawks said that Thorp has a big opinion of himself and got into a few tussles with some players, especially Buddy.
Apparently he didn't get on with a few of them and reckoned he should have been playing ahead of some regulars and wasn't shy about letting them know.

this was posted on another richmond forum by lazza, found it to be really intresting along with the fact that richmond and hawthorn were close to trading thorp for pattison until pelchin pulled the shifty and wanted pick 19 aswell

PSD = the only way.

Talk of letting him sit through the draft for us to pick him with 83 is fanciful in the extreme

Am keen, with a session in the boxing ring with Hardwick his first challenge upon arrival.

Who cares I think if we grab him and play him at FF from rnd 1 - 22 next to Jack and Morton then he will kick 40 goals. Clearly got talent and should fit considering he knows the other guys down there already!!

I was listening to Liam Pickering discussing Mitch Thorp today. (Liam is his manager). He said that he had had discussions with Craig Cameron and that Die Hard will meet with Mitch sometime in the next couple of weeks. He confirmed that DH had spoken to Mitch by phone. He said that Mitch was a good fit for RFC, especially with his mate Jumpin Jack being there. (or any other club that was rebuilding). At only 20 years of age he said Mitch had a lot to offer - said he was selected at #6 for a reason.
He also confirmed that Mitch didn't get on with a few Hawk players due to his cockiness.

A mate of mine who claims to have inside contacts at the Hawks said that Thorp has a big opinion of himself and got into a few tussles with some players, especially Buddy.
Apparently he didn't get on with a few of them and reckoned he should have been playing ahead of some regulars and wasn't shy about letting them know.

this was posted on another richmond forum by lazza, found it to be really intresting along with the fact that richmond and hawthorn were close to trading thorp for pattison until pelchin pulled the shifty and wanted pick 19 aswell
This interests me and should be the solely deciding factor as to whether we take him or not, if he felt he should be getting a game, raised his concerns with the coaching staff, was working his arse off and Buddy and co felt threatened by him and therefore tried to start crap with him, get him.
If he felt he should be getting a game, was the instigator of fractions between players, was lazy , thought the world owes him something and didn't discuss his concerns with the selection panel leave him alone !!!
Performances at VFL level may be a good indication ??
The difference is slight, but significant !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just want him so he can kick a bag against hawthorn and at the end of the game walk up to buddy at the other end of the gound and say mate, thats how we get the job done;)

Put simply we need a big key foward with the delistments of Polak, Schultz, Hughes, Pattison, Putt.

With the best prospect KPP rumoured to be gone by pick 19, Thorpe in the PSD looks the most likely path untravlelled.

Currently we only have Riewoldt and Richo on our list who can play as guenuine key fowards, and one of those is 34.

Sure we have Post and Vickery, but a) they are both 2nd year players and b) Post is CHB trying to be taught how to player CHF and Vickery looked more impressive in the ruck.

It won't take too many injuries this year for a 5th stringer like Gourids to get a gme

This interests me and should be the solely deciding factor as to whether we take him or not, if he felt he should be getting a game, raised his concerns with the coaching staff, was working his arse off and Buddy and co felt threatened by him and therefore tried to start crap with him, get him.

If he felt he should be getting a game, was the instigator of fractions between players, was lazy , thought the world owes him something and didn't discuss his concerns with the selection panel leave him alone !!!

Performances at VFL level may be a good indication ??
The difference is slight, but significant !!

Option B.

While he was a talented junior - any player that deliberately tries to injure his team mates during training sessions deserves to be cut.

FWIW he had it out with Brent Renouf at one training session, im sure he wasnt the only one though.

Option B.

While he was a talented junior - any player that deliberately tries to injure his team mates during training sessions deserves to be cut.

FWIW he had it out with Brent Renouf at one training session, im sure he wasnt the only one though.

i really love these carlton supporters !!

biggest bunch of hypocrites going around, last i looked setanta is still on your list & cloke is on the outer.

dont throw rocks when you live in glass houses

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back