Injury Mitchell Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoulder issues where the main reason I was shooting down people who wanted to take him with 18/34. Pick 42 was a fair price for him all things considered, hopefully he does have the same success with the op as Walker has had.

sounds like he may be ready for VFL finals but might miss the whole season, it's a real blow, every club has injuries but we always seem to have them to players who should be in our best 22 like Mitchell may well be. Waite is still not doing much at training and looks like starting the season below par so there is all of a sudden big pressure on Rowe, Casboult, Hampson and Kreuzer to play that role up forward..

Looking forward to the hero who picks a name out of a hat and posts "We should have drafted "name out of a hat* instead of Mitchell". This should occur shortly or after the two year cooling off period ends. :eek:

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good for Mitchell. :(

We took Mitchell well aware of his shoulder issues.

As Jeremias said he is a long term prospect and the club know this. They will stand by him through this and hopefully his back this year getting some good experiance in the VFL

If as supporters we think this is frustrating just imagine how poor Luke must feel.

sounds like he may be ready for VFL finals but might miss the whole season, it's a real blow, every club has injuries but we always seem to have them to players who should be in our best 22 like Mitchell may well be. Waite is still not doing much at training and looks like starting the season below par so there is all of a sudden big pressure on Rowe, Casboult, Hampson and Kreuzer to play that role up forward..

Yep we have had horrid luck with injuries to some of our KPP. Lets just cross our fingers this is the only thing to come out of pre-season, and that Mitchell stays detirmed to make a mark on the AFL when he returns

Bad news if true. But the positive is that it's happened very early in the year, so he's an outside chance of playing a few games latter on. Doesn't really mean too much re. his career, as he was already well ahead of schedule for a KPF. He's going to be an outstanding footballer.

:)

Bad news if true. But the positive is that it's happened very early in the year, so he's an outside chance of playing a few games latter on. Doesn't really mean too much re. his career, as he was already well ahead of schedule for a KPF. He's going to be an outstanding footballer.

What exactly do you get out of trolling our board? :p

Played 2 games in the VFL reserves and he's well ahead of schedule? :eek:

This scenario is possibly what they had in mind when they drafted Rowe. Regardless, it seems like a master stroke now in this context. As long as he performs, that is.

If another big fella goes down we may live to regret delisting Irish.

Get better soon Luke.

BLUES FORWARD INJURED AGAIN

from AFL website

Link

Turns out he needed the full re-co, not a clean out.

CARLTON key-forward prospect Luke Mitchell will miss the start of the Blues' 2012 premiership campaign after undergoing shoulder surgery on Tuesday.

Mitchell, 19, underwent a full latarjet reconstruction of his right shoulder after dislocating the joint in an innocuous training mishap at Visy Park on Monday and will be sidelined for between 12 and 16 weeks.
"He can't actually remember the action, but he went up in a marking contest and his arm just got pulled back a little bit," football manager Andrew McKay explained on Wednesday.

Link

Well we need to look where we are at now. Waite seems fragile and we have to look at the likelyhood that he may not be fit again at the end of the season. So that leaves us with just Rowe as a genuine tall forward and his ability at AFL level is unknown. Kreuzer and Hampson may be good forwards or they may not be, that is also unknown. If we have an injury to another key forward or two we are really in big trouble. I hope we really push Watson as a forward this season because if Waite gets injured which is likely and we are getting very little out of Hampson and Kreuzer and their history shows that we very well might we are going to need someone else, at least to sure up our structure. I recon Watson's build is more that of a forward and with his kick he wouldn't need to get it a lot or very close to goal to score and I am sure he'd be able to at least give a contest, he just lacks the know how which comes from expierence as his skills and hands are pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he'd be a chance to break into the AFL side by around round 15ish it he is back around round 4 or 5, that is good news. It would be a great result is he did as he won't be at his best this season. Would still be great for him to finish off in the VFL and go into the preseason after playing some footy.

Still have plenty of tall forward coverage. Rowe's ahead of Levi you'd think. So maybe a R1 tall forward structure of Rowe, Waite with Thornton the 3rd tall. Pretty decent setup. With Levi as backup. Maybe Hampson. Really hoping Waite is fit round 1.

We have Waite, Hammer, Rowe, Kreuzer, Casboult, Thornton.

We'll be fine. We did pretty damn good without most of those guys last year.

Yeah but reality is they are all still yet to prove they can influence games as forwards, that is all based on potential. Waite is a really good forward but his body has become so unreliable so we must nearly expect him to miss games and maybe be on the sidelines again come seasons end. Thornton is a gap filler that is alright pushing up the ground but kicking goals against top sides and playing key position might be another thing, Rowe and Casboult haven't even played AFL yet, Hampson has never kicked over 2 goals in a game and Kreuzer seems to be more miss than hit as a forward. Potential is one thing but results are another and we need some big guys who will stand up against the top 4 sides but we also need plenty of options in the VFL. I recon with Waite in the side taking the best tall forward and Walker taking plenty of attention any of those listed could have an influence but if Waite goes down and the attention shifts then Walker and who ever else is playing as a tall forward may struggle a little more.

I like our tall defender depth with Bower, Henderson, Jamison, McCarthy and Watson fit. I don't like our tall forward depth now that Mitchell is injured as it consists of Waite who is proven but injury riddled, Rowe/Casboult who are not proven and a few ruckmen who are unproven as forwards. I think we need to push another guy along now as depth/another option in this area. It will do Watson good as a defender to spend time attacking the ball and trying to get the ball and working on his marking. It gives us more options and he may even earn a spot in this role. I recon Rowe, Kreuzer and Waite will be playing round 1 so Hampson and Casboult will possibly playing VFL which makes room for one other to play as a tall forward in the VFL as Hampson will spend a lot of time rucking. I would like to see Watson play CHF in the VFL and Casboult and Hampson to rotate throught the ruck and forward line. This really keeps our depth deep and we may even find a player doing this. Us as Carlton supporters should know better than to reject the idea of playing a player out of their usual position.

Still have plenty of tall forward coverage. Rowe's ahead of Levi you'd think. So maybe a R1 tall forward structure of Rowe, Waite with Thornton the 3rd tall. Pretty decent setup. With Levi as backup. Maybe Hampson. Really hoping Waite is fit round 1.

Wasn't the talk around Waite not being ready until later on in the season?

Yeah but reality is they are all still yet to prove they can influence games as forwards, that is all based on potential. Waite is a really good forward but his body has become so unreliable so we must nearly expect him to miss games and maybe be on the sidelines again come seasons end. .

No disrespect to Waite here, as I absolutely love him, but why did we sign him on a 3 year contract if his body is as unreliable as you say and we actually expect him to miss games and be on the sidelines when it counts?

Yeah but reality is they are all still yet to prove they can influence games as forwards, that is all based on potential. Waite is a really good forward but his body has become so unreliable so we must nearly expect him to miss games and maybe be on the sidelines again come seasons end. Thornton is a gap filler that is alright pushing up the ground but kicking goals against top sides and playing key position might be another thing, Rowe and Casboult haven't even played AFL yet, Hampson has never kicked over 2 goals in a game and Kreuzer seems to be more miss than hit as a forward. Potential is one thing but results are another and we need some big guys who will stand up against the top 4 sides but we also need plenty of options in the VFL. I recon with Waite in the side taking the best tall forward and Walker taking plenty of attention any of those listed could have an influence but if Waite goes down and the attention shifts then Walker and who ever else is playing as a tall forward may struggle a little more.

I like our tall defender depth with Bower, Henderson, Jamison, McCarthy and Watson fit. I don't like our tall forward depth now that Mitchell is injured as it consists of Waite who is proven but injury riddled, Rowe/Casboult who are not proven and a few ruckmen who are unproven as forwards. I think we need to push another guy along now as depth/another option in this area. It will do Watson good as a defender to spend time attacking the ball and trying to get the ball and working on his marking. It gives us more options and he may even earn a spot in this role. I recon Rowe, Kreuzer and Waite will be playing round 1 so Hampson and Casboult will possibly playing VFL which makes room for one other to play as a tall forward in the VFL as Hampson will spend a lot of time rucking. I would like to see Watson play CHF in the VFL and Casboult and Hampson to rotate throught the ruck and forward line. This really keeps our depth deep and we may even find a player doing this. Us as Carlton supporters should know better than to reject the idea of playing a player out of their usual position.

From a few small birdies I've heard Hammer is absolutely ready smash it - sticking marks, slotting em through and smashing packs - think we can expect to see him absolutely.

Waite's has had some hip injuries etc, hes the same age as Judd, Carrazzo and Thornton - a year older the Duigan and THREE years Scotland's junior - so I think we can lay off him being on old man.

From all reports we are going to have Gibbs pushing through the middle playing forward as a center half forward - which I absolutely love and means we would have Walker, Gibbs, Waite floating around the fifty - which is pretty special.

Not sure which games you've been watching Thornton play - but as he forward he is fantastic, very, very capable player up forward, myself and many others would prefer to see him there than down back. Thornton kicked 13 goals last year from a severely depleted back line - goes alright.

We will always have one of Kruze or Warnock resting to go into the forward line - and then a back up of Rowe, Casboult etc.

On top of that we have Eddie, Garlett running amongst that lot with one of Judd or Murphy taking a breather.

Waite, Gibbs, Walker, Hammer, Kruze, Warnock, Eddie, Garlett, Casboult, Rowe, plus midfields cameos from Judd, Murphy, Simpson etc.

If there is one thing I NEVER EVER want to see at the Blues with the stocks we have is a Cloak, Fevola type running around being our target - just sets you up for a disaster when you're target goes down. Better to have a super dynamic spread over height and speed.

We look a truck load better off in that light - giving players their due and taking a level headed approach rather than just writing them all off makes things a lot rosier. If the Blues were relying on Mitchel in anyway - then we are massively kidding ourselves as an AFL team - so he is no real loss.

We look a truck load better off in that light - giving players their due and taking a level headed approach rather than just writing them all off makes things a lot rosier. If the Blues were relying on Mitchel in anyway - then we are massively kidding ourselves as an AFL team - so he is no real loss.

Bingo!

If we were hanging our hats on Mitchell to drag us up to that next level, then we are not as good as I beleive we are

He didnt play last year and we did fine without him. Our improvement will come from many players, not just one man.

Luke will be back, and I cant wait to see him in the VFL as soon as he gets his shoulder right.

Riley's comments didn't sound that confident on Waite.

Well, hypothetically IF Waite wasn't available R1, perhaps it'll be Hampson, Rowe and Thornton as the tall forward setup. Different. We're very fortunate to have 3 top-shelf 50 goal/year small/medium forwards - Eddie, Garlett and Walker, which takes a little pressure off the big guys. Still reckon Thornton has a lot of offer as a 3rd tall forward - his lead up marking in the EF was outstanding. He's found his niche.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back