MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did the Cubs put Chapman in so early? Massive backfire

I didn't think it was a bad move. Two on, no outs in the 8th...someone that can blast batters out. less risk of sac flys.

Gutsy move today pinch hitting for Russell, with leftie Coghlan first which made Bochy replace Romo with a leftie, then Maddon went for Contreras. Paid off.

Giants bullpen let them down badly...should have just put Romo in, Bochy was worried that he pitched previous night but with season on the line and that bullpen.

I didn't think it was a bad move. Two on, no outs in the 8th...someone that can blast batters out. less risk of sac flys.

Gutsy move today pinch hitting for Russell, with leftie Coghlan first which made Bochy replace Romo with a leftie, then Maddon went for Contreras. Paid off.

Giants bullpen let them down badly...should have just put Romo in, Bochy was worried that he pitched previous night but with season on the line and that bullpen.

Wouldn't a closer get into a certain rhythm in games though? They know the have one innings and the only likely change to that is they get none at all.

Bringing Chapman in early might have totally messed with this. Just my thoughts

What a comeback! What a relief!
Im buoyed that this side has the guts to fight out any situation.

How valuable has Baez been? His D is incredible
Must not make comment, must not make comment. :straining:

I was not successful in the Cubs lottery for tickets to the NLCS. Neither was my brother nor nephew. Still have hope for a World Series ticket if we get in. Hey, I managed to get a Grand Final ticket, so anything is possible! :D

The cubs defensive versatility really came to the fore in that game. Abilty to switch around so much laye because people could be slotted all over the place. Great stuff

jm2016_zpsuzoyo2pc.jpeg

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific game, loved the call by Dave Roberts sending in his closer Jansen early, something managers should do more often as situation suits. Didn't work for Maddon in Game 3 with Chapman but still it was the right time. Great effort Kershaw, starting off short rest the other night, pitched 110 throws and comes back after a night's rest to record a save.

Dusty Baker...ninth successive loss in an elimination game. Thought he should have stuck with Scherzer a bit longer. Cubs will win 4-2.

After witnessing a magical AFL finals series, we now get to see great MLB playoffs. Hopefully the LCS and World Series continue the trend. Amazing when you think that the Jays have had the shortest World Series victory drought of the 4 teams left. I doubt there is anyone left on the planet who can remember the last time the Cubbies won (there are only a handful of people left who were actually alive in 1908).

Now for the NLCS and ALCS.....

vs

and

vs

I'm so, so proud of my Dodgers. Just an unbelievably gutsy effort against the odds.

Gotta give it to Dave Roberts for his management today. Bringing in his best setup guy in the 3rd, his closer in the 7th and his ace on one day's rest in the ninth takes serious cojones. Above all, like many others I'm just so thrilled for Kershaw. Even though his postseason performances haven't been anywhere near as bad as his stats or the wider media suggest, he deserved a moment like this.

And what about Urias? The kid's 20 years old and he entered a hostile environment and does a superb job. What a prospect.

God only knows what this will do to the rotation for the NLCS, although it looks as though Maeda will start Game 1. Not ideal against Lester, given that he looked really ordinary against the Nats and Lester is red-hot, but we're in the NLCS and this is baseball, you just never know.

Let's go Dodgers :thumbsu:

God only knows what this will do to the rotation for the NLCS, although it looks as though Maeda will start Game 1. Not ideal against Lester, given that he looked really ordinary against the Nats and Lester is red-hot, but we're in the NLCS and this is baseball, you just never know.

Let's go Dodgers :thumbsu:
Silly question. Why not Kershaw? He threw 9 pitches.

Silly question. Why not Kershaw? He threw 9 pitches.

He would be playing off only 3 days rest after a 110 pitch performance on Tuesday (U.S time, plays game 1 on Saturday U.S)

Terrific game, loved the call by Dave Roberts sending in his closer Jansen early, something managers should do more often as situation suits. Didn't work for Maddon in Game 3 with Chapman but still it was the right time. Great effort Kershaw, starting off short rest the other night, pitched 110 throws and comes back after a night's rest to record a save.

Dusty Baker...ninth successive loss in an elimination game. Thought he should have stuck with Scherzer a bit longer. Cubs will win 4-2.

100% he should have stuck with him for longer. He must be under huge amount of pressure to keep his job

Andrew Miller is just filthy.

Reckon they'll give Dusty Baker another year at least... it was his first year and they still won 95 games. Here's hoping they keep him!

Hooking Scherzer after the Joc HR was a little strange. I actually can't believe it cleared the wall - to go opposite field like that shows serious sock. On watching the replay, I absolutely loved Joc's reaction as well - just pure motion that might have sparked the team and ignited the game-winning rally.

Remove this Banner Ad

MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back