Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haggers said that his new ACL is made of fibre optic and can easily be replaced if he breaks down again. They have also inserted a back up synthetic ACL to make it double-strength. (They inserted a graft as well as the LARS).

Holy sh!t. I like it. Throwing everything into that knee that they can fit.

RoboKnee.

Makes you wonder - as technology advances are we going to have to legislate for it and draw the line somewhere?

Let's say one day they can replace your entire shoulder structure with some kind of uber-metal, making it stronger than human bone with no side-effects or anything. Duty of care would have to considered with regard to other players - you wouldn't want to cop a shirtfront from Robocop.

Just took a look at that draft...pretty poor overall in terms of quality. Out of the Top-20 picks you can't get too excited outside the top 4, Fyfe and Jetta.

Amazing that Fyfe went at 20, Eagles must have been genuinely devo given they took Wheedon (delisted) and Stevens almost immediately after.

Rookie draft was handy for us with Barlow and Silvagni, but the later half of the main draft included such winners as Houghton (two picks before Sam Reid goddamnit), Bollenhagen, Roberton. Luckily almost no one of quality went after the latter two.

Come on Mora, get back!

F**k!!!!!

I think we will look back at 2008 as our best ever draft.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Already is I reckon.

I have a sneaking suspicion we'll look back on 2011 as being pretty special too, which would be a good effort considering our first pick wasn't until #16.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Already is I reckon.

I have a sneaking suspicion we'll look back on 2011 as being pretty special too, which would be a good effort considering our first pick wasn't until #16.
Fyfe & Morabito (if he can get back and play to potential) makes 2009 worth it alone. 2011 is already looking bluechip with Sheridan and Crozier but Neale at 58 is a bargain considering how good he looks as Sutcliffe at 71 is staggering.

Fyfe & Morabito (if he can get back and play to potential) makes 2009 worth it alone. 2011 is already looking bluechip with Sheridan and Crozier but Neale at 58 is a bargain considering how good he looks as Sutcliffe at 71 is staggering.

I definitely like what I have seen of Crozier, but its interesting the bad rap Pitt gets on here as opposed to Sheridan who has played 1 quarter of AFL football. If the Eagles had drafted a gun at 17, I wonder if we'd have a different POV?

Pitt has had an additional year though, and we were lucky enough to avoid the injury crisis were experienced in 2011 so it's understandable Sheridan didn't play more than 1 quarter. Definitely a valid comparison though and it'll be interesting to see how they both go this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I definitely like what I have seen of Crozier, but its interesting the bad rap Pitt gets on here as opposed to Sheridan who has played 1 quarter of AFL football. If the Eagles had drafted a gun at 17, I wonder if we'd have a different POV?
If the Eagles had drafted ANOTHER gun key position forward we had let slip though for a skinny flanker type then yes, I for one would have different point of view. Darling is an absolute gun and not taking him was a howler of epic proportions. Unfortunately like Tambling V Buddy this is never going to go away unless Pitt starts playing like Judd.
Sheridan is tall, strong, athletic and looks a player. He doesn't have the obvious x-factor of Crozier but he looks a solid pick at the very least.

Maybe all the bad things you guys say about Pitt is the problem??

You know, he's only a kid and if he googles his name. And this could be the difference between 8th and 9th spot and...

Well, you know the rest.:cool:

Are you saying Pitt could be the difference between us making the finals or not?

One thing's for sure - I can guarantee Darling is the sort of FIGJAM who would google his name regularly. Maybe he's been sending the links to Pitt.

Was listening to 882 yesterday morning and a caller asked the panel how Morabito was going.

Haggers said that his new ACL is made of fibre optic and can easily be replaced if he breaks down again...

Well if nothing else at least Mora should get better and faster internet access - plug teh old iPad into the knee and awaaaaay we go...

I am sure with all that "fibre" in his knee he will be a "regular" in the side when he gets back.

....and rather than playing in the "bowels" of the team, his capacity for quick "motion" should get him "dumped" in the midfield.

This reminds me, I was reacting to a bit of self-loathing by tuning into Sattler on 6PR, heard him and some politician ragging on the NBN and how after all this time no-one was even connected to the network and how the scheme was a messy joke, when some woman calls up (from some suburb of Perth) via her fibre optic phone arrangement and spruiked it's virtues. Howie, responded with an "oh' well that's good for you" or similar. Needless to say, I felt better for it.

This reminds me, I was reacting to a bit of self-loathing by tuning into Sattler on 6PR, heard him and some politician ragging on the NBN and how after all this time no-one was even connected to the network and how the scheme was a messy joke, when some woman calls up (from some suburb of Perth) via her fibre optic phone arrangement and spruiked it's virtues. Howie, responded with an "oh' well that's good for you" or similar. Needless to say, I felt better for it.

Shock jocks all over the country rag on the NBN simply because they really have no idea what to do with it. What did Arthur C Clarke say, "Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic."

To a shock jock the NBN is voodoo magic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back