More bad news for Collingwood - Daisy may miss season.

Remove this Banner Ad

When people say 'Collingwood's season would be over' - do they mean as in chances to finish top 4 (and subsequently win a flag) or making the finals? They still have quite a talented side and I would have thought would still be locks for the 8
Yeah top four and most likely flag chances gone. We have been pretty bullish this year with the strength of our list, I, like many pies fans, thought it was all in place this season. Then players we were hoping for were still injured and we got a few new injuries. We can still make the eight but I think a few of us realise there won't be a top four spot for us this year.

unlikely to make top four.

if we lose the next 2 games we will probably consider "tanking"

if we actually try to win regardless of injuries we will make top 8 comfortably but no where near the top teams

Yeah top four and most likely flag chances gone. We have been pretty bullish this year with the strength of our list, I, like many pies fans, thought it was all in place this season. Then players we were hoping for were still injured and we got a few new injuries. We can still make the eight but I think a few of us realise there won't be a top four spot for us this year.

ah fair enough - was going to say that people writing collingwood to miss the 8 were probably being a bit excessive as there is still a lot of quality in the team.

It was a real eye opener when I saw the injury list on AFL 360 last night. Beginning to look like Fremantle a couple years ago.

I'm not trying to play it down but a very large percentage of those players are not top 25. Thomas, Beams, Toovey and Fasolo are pretty much it. They are important but it's not as if they have lost their spine or anything. Some other teams have copped far worse.

I'm not trying to play it down but a very large percentage of those players are not top 25. Thomas, Beams, Toovey and Fasolo are pretty much it. They are important but it's not as if they have lost their spine or anything. Some other teams have copped far worse.
2 of them are top 5, the other one the first picked and the last one our second leading goal kicker of 2012.

But you're right, a large percentage of them are not top 25 :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this official? Haven't seen it mention anywhere official.
Apparently Geoff Walsh will be holding a presser regarding Thomas and Beams in the next day or two.

If Thomas goes out then I think their season is done. Just wont have the personnel to be a threat this year.

Not sure. If Beams can come back and play like last year, Ball gets back to his best form and some youngsters continue to shine, they are still a chance.

Imagine what the rumour-mongers would be saying if they played for Hawthorn?

It's a good thing Collingwood players don't have the reputation of being party boys
and have had surgeries, been seen limping and wearing moon boots....

We can only wish its anything like Buddy's "hammy", have another go mate :D

and have had surgeries, been seen limping and wearing moon boots....

We can only wish its anything like Buddy's "hammy", have another go mate :D

Yeah...... the """"""""""hammy"""""""""""" which I saw Buddy injure in the games vs Carlton and GWS. Obviously he was just faking it and sat out the second halves off both games to try to throw people off the scent.

I'm sure there's nothing going on with Beamsy... Just your standard sore foot which causes you to miss half a season.

Yeah...... the """"""""""hammy"""""""""""" which I saw Buddy injure in the games vs Carlton and GWS. Obviously he was just faking it and sat out the second halves off both games to try to throw people off the scent.

I'm sure there's nothing going on with Beamsy... Just your standard sore foot which causes you to miss half a season.

True but a team needs depth to make a genuine run at a flag. Injury has rendered Collingwood's talent pool very shallow.

True but a team needs depth to make a genuine run at a flag. Injury has rendered Collingwood's talent pool very shallow.

We've only lost one defender and a young forward pocket for whom we have heaps of cover and is arguably not even best 22.

Beams and Thomas (and the backup Young) are a problem no doubt, we probably need one of them back but neither officially is a write off for the season just yet. Ball who was missing last year has returned so instantly thats one in one out with Thomas going down.

We have a really good run of games coming up with eight winnable games on the trot so its a good time to be testing out the depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

More bad news for Collingwood - Daisy may miss season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back