More myee8 comedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not right or wrong IMO.

I guess you are right in that Junior has disappointed at senior level. BUT, this is the first real season where he has got a game, and has a career tally of 12. Just cause a guy can dominate in the VFL means diddly squat. Lets not pin all our hopes on this guy to be our savior cause we may be disappointed.

Good enuff to play AFL - Yes
Good enuff to dominate games of AFL - I very much doubt it.

Originally posted by Asprilla
Alright, if it will make you happy you are wrong about Jr.

PS - You are still a **** weak bandwagoner

So i presume you have been to every game this season????

A person who spends their hard earned to buy a membership without even getting to see a game (his fault i know) is NOT a bandwagoner.

Anyway, better to be a bandwagoner than a tossa.

Anyone who threatens to return their membership over one bad performance is a bandwagoner and has no right to call themselves a supporter of a club as great and with as much pride as North. End of story.

Originally posted by dus
Not right or wrong IMO.

I guess you are right in that Junior has disappointed at senior level. BUT, this is the first real season where he has got a game, and has a career tally of 12. Just cause a guy can dominate in the VFL means diddly squat. Lets not pin all our hopes on this guy to be our savior cause we may be disappointed.

Good enuff to play AFL - Yes
Good enuff to dominate games of AFL - I very much doubt it.

You see everyone? This is all i was trying to say - he has dissapointed at senior level, hence he is overhyped.

Anyone who threatens to return their membership over one bad performance is a bandwagoner and has no right to call themselves a supporter of a club as great and with as much pride as North. End of story.

Anyone who has a membership reserves the right to feel dirty over disgraceful performances by the club, of which their money is going towards.

Yes, but correct me if I am mistaken but you said you were going to ring the club and ask for your membership money to be refunded after the Freo game. You cannot deny that this is a **** weak attitude to have and is indeed the behaviour of a bandwagoner and not a true supporter who sticks by his club when the going gets tough.

He is only 21 years old - he needs time to develop and mature.

He'd better do it soon - in this day and age, teams cannot afford to have many hangers on in the squad.

Yes, but correct me if I am mistaken but you said you were going to ring the club and ask for your membership money to be refunded after the Freo game. You cannot deny that this is a **** weak attitude to have and is indeed the behaviour of a bandwagoner and not a true supporter who sticks by his club when the going gets tough.

Yes you are correct, as it is my right to feel dirty, and as you know i felt very dirty over that loss. Take it or leave it, it is my money. The club is lucky enough i have bought a membership with my money in that my budget is tight enough as it is. Yet i still place priority to have a membership.

Originally posted by myee8
Oh okay, so Jnr has indeed backed up the hype he has shown and taken the form for the seconds into the senior side? I think not.
I have been trying to stay out of this one for a few reasons, none the least that i try to avoid arguing with fairweather peanuts.

But for a start, i'd like to know your definition of "hype"?

Who has "hyped" him up?

The media?

The footy public?

Or those that have actually seen this kid at his best?

Now i'll try to remain mindful of the fact that you live on the other side of the country and hence dont have the fortune to get along to any VFL games. Although judging by your non-attendence at today's senior game, i'm not convinced you'd make the fricken effort anyway.

But one of the reasons i personally go to the trouble of posting such detailed and usually rather lengthy write-ups of our reserves' and up-and-comers' progress is for the benefit of people like yourself who dont have the same opportunity.

Now i can only comment on what my eyes have seen (as can you i guess). I've been lucky enough to have seen about 98% of this kid's career since he was recruited to Arden Street and what my eyes have seen in Daniel Motlop is a kid with more raw natural talent at this stage of his career than anyone, yes anyone i have ever seen pull on the blue and white.

Now you might consider a comment like that to be "hype", but i simply consider it a judgement call. There is very little that this kid doesnt have in terms of footballing gifts, something i have seen time and again.

But what my eyes have also seen is a kid already go through 2 serious footballing injuries: a broken collarbone and a severe case of O.P, which he is still managing. All this before his 20th birthday.

What this has meant is that one of the things Daniel Moltop doesnt have in his considerable list of positives is experience.

Anyone with a rational, reasonable and objective brain who saw Wayne Carey's, Glen Archer's, Wayne Schwass' or Corey McKernan's first 12 games (i did) would understand that regardless of talent or potential, you cannot manufacture experience.

Sure, i agree that so far Daniel Motlop has done very little at senior level. But i'll also point out that he has played 12 fricken games, the first 5 or 6 of which containing heck all game time. And if my memory serves me correct (and i have a fair one when it comes to this kid) his longest streak of unbroken senior games is 5. Hardly a great opportunity to "show his worth".

I agree that it is time for him to do all he can to extract the digit and try and deliver as much on his potential as what his body will allow him to at the moment. But you and all the smug, self righteous doubters of this kid are exposing your ignorance (by true definition) by basing your opinions on his 12 senior games as oppossed to the whole picture (and that includes discussions with him, his coaching staff and team mates).

The thing that baffles me is how quickly people wanna write off players, particularly the flawed genuis types like Daniel Motlop. I mean, how terrible that we have a kid on our list who can make a football talk, who has the gumption to take on 5 blokes, to jump at balls he just shouldn't, yet still come up with it in his hands and laughing for that matter, who is capable of smashing the nose off a bloke's face if his brain snaps and the angry imposter comes out...... a kid who basically enjoys playing because he has come to terms with the fact he is pretty good at it. He is a big reason i go to so many fricken VFL games. Because he enjoys footy, he makes football enjoyable to watch.

Yeah he needs to perhaps take a step back to take the potentially considerable step forward. Keep it simple for a while and do all the hard things that have made the likes Adam Simpson, Anthony Stevens, and to a lesser extent Troy Makepeace and Ben Robbins etc etc make so much most out of their relatively small talent bases. Just like we saw him do today. Chase, get to contests, run hard, use the first option etc etc.

But oh no, some people are just too pre-occupied with wanting to be proven right, or in some cases wanting to prove someone else wrong. You just want to look at the things that these types of footballers do wrong.

I pitty you. Enjoy life. Its a blast!!
Unfortunately you are the one who is wrong. Remember he could come good in the future, but how long that will take is another thing. I for one was wanting to trade Rawlings last year (along with a few of you) and yet he delivers this year. Jnr HAS YET TO SHOW HIS WORTH IN THE SENIORS. Try again.
12 games vs 50+ games.

3 injury interupted years vs 5 relatively injury free years.

Do i really have to explain how stupid that comparison is?

Carlos,

I feel it is the people on this board that have hyped him up. How good a mark, silky skills, outrageous abilities, etc etc. No i haven't been to any VFL games and i do appreciate you and anyone who bothers to report on VFL games. However despite what some claim I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN TO A NORTH GAME HERE!! Now when some of you have wiped the coffee from the monitor, i do make the effort. Sometimes other commitments like work and study call, and unfortunately a North game will have to wait. That is what some people fail to understand, and this saddens me in their idiocy.

What you say about his natural talent is what i term as hype. Yes he has sh*tloads of potential, i am sure we can agree on it. But like i keep on saying, he hasn't shown it in the seniors yet. Yes i am aware of his unfortunate injuries that have occured for someone so young, and the lack of games. All i have been trying to say all this time is that for all the hype that Jnr has been given, he has failed to deliver so far. That is all! I am not having a dig into the kid, i am only saying that he hasn't shown his worth to date. If he does show his worth, i will be happy for him and i won't not be 'proven wrong' as i never took a swipe at Jnr, i only stating his achievements to date.

Enjoy life? I do that indeed. If anyone thinks my myee8 profile is an indication of how i am like in the flesh, they are really narrow-minded. The internet is a place where you can be another person altogether as the anonymity is a wonderful feature.

However despite what some claim I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN TO A NORTH GAME HERE!! Now when some of you have wiped the coffee from the monitor, i do make the effort. Sometimes other commitments like work and study call, and unfortunately a North game will have to wait. That is what some people fail to understand, and this saddens me in their idiocy.

Tear it up - when did you last go to a North game? 1991? Your team plays in your home state twice a season at best and you cannot make an effort to arrange things such that you get to the ground and support them? You've bleated out the work and study line a few times, yet your amazingly fast (like yesterday) to get on the boards and start critisicing left right and centre. Guess you were awfully busy at the time!!

Weak.

* YAWNS *

Wrath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Nandrolone Stam
Tear it up - when did you last go to a North game? 1991? Your team plays in your home state twice a season at best and you cannot make an effort to arrange things such that you get to the ground and support them? You've bleated out the work and study line a few times, yet your amazingly fast (like yesterday) to get on the boards and start critisicing left right and centre. Guess you were awfully busy at the time!!

Weak.

I am always on the computer, hence bigfooty is always close at hand. I log on now and again to see what morons like you have posted in reply to my stuff. It's easy for you to sit back and say i cannot make the efforts to arrange things when you do not know how much work i have to do, plus like i said i have arranged things around going to matches before.

Septemper '96 Majjie? Love your work there, though i am afraid you are wrong there - try start of the '94 season.

Septemper '96 Majjie? Love your work there, though i am afraid you are wrong there - try start of the '94 season.

What, took the punt we might do ok in a few years?

You are one reckless dude!!!!

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
What, took the punt we might do ok in a few years?

You are one reckless dude!!!!

Well i came here in '88, and i saw this interesting game introduced to me by primary school friends called aussie rules. After trying my hardest to understand the game, players, teams, rivalries, etc, i finally decided on supporting a team and i chose North.

i finally decided on supporting a team and i chose North.

And we are all that much more elightened and happy because of it........

I am always on the computer, hence bigfooty is always close at hand. I log on now and again to see what morons like you have posted in reply to my stuff. It's easy for you to sit back and say i cannot make the efforts to arrange things when you do not know how much work i have to do, plus like i said i have arranged things around going to matches before.

How much work could you possibly do in a pathetic e-commerce degree? It's not like theres any jobs in that field anyway. Your loss I suppose.

It would appear you have bugger all work to do given the frequency of your bigfooty posts comical myee.

Besides I'm sure you're not the only one who has work/study commitments *cough*, yet the majority seem to be able to squeeze in the games as well, whereas you make no effort to do so you big jellyfish.

Anyway we all know if Jessica Alba was going to do some live mud wrestling at Subiaco you would've been there in a shot.

Weak.

It seems to me that a few people, who shall remain nameless,
have some real serious social problems.

May I suggest that you move your personal problems to the Collingwood board where thay are qualified to deal with this type of hostility. and let others enjoy this nice calm serene environment that we used to call the Kangaroo board.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Redd
It seems to me that a few people, who shall remain nameless,
have some real serious social problems.

May I suggest that you move your personal problems to the Collingwood board where thay are qualified to deal with this type of hostility. and let others enjoy this nice calm serene environment that we used to call the Kangaroo board.
:rolleyes:

A good suggestion.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back