More Reasons to beat Colllingwood in 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

ScarfacePacino

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Ryan Houlihan 200th game, great time to get the 200, will make it even sweeter if we cream those Pies. This if he hold his spot for next game as i would expect and the week after. The club hasn't had a 200 gamer for the club near half a decade, Lance Whitnall the last one.

get Curnow and Duigan back and keep playing footy like that and we will have a fair crack at Collingwood I recon. We are not the same team by a long way that lost to them earlier in the season. Our key is stopping the gorillas up forward.

You do realise now that this thread has been created, he's going to do a knee next week and never play another game, yeah?
Ha Ha I think he had 5 games last year to go and got cursed after a Interview about nearing 200. I hope I didn't go 1 week to early lol, go Hoops. I was just thinking wouldn't it be great to get your team pumped more on a big day,then seen it fall on the pies day.

Ha Ha I think he had 5 games last year to go and got cursed after a Interview about nearing 200. I hope I didn't go 1 week to early lol, go Hoops. I was just thinking wouldn't it be great to get your team pumped more on a big day,then seen it fall on the pies day.

easy have him as a sub this week then play him full game the following week :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on the Sunday Footy Show, said he was taking his gf out to lunch then going to the game. She looked a fair bit younger than him haha.

I know it's only attending a game of footy, but the information he would have picked up from seeing the Hawthorn/Collingwood game live today would be invaluable. Collingwood put so much pressure on Hawthorn today, and they were missing targets all over the place, or kicking it straight to a Collingwood player.

trick to beating Collingwood is speed, fast turnovers and winning the contested ball battle which we are good at. The other thing is use of the long kick and having some size and height to go to.

Collingwood have figured out that if u implement a forward press and go long to the full forward line (not long to half forward) that it's extremely dificult to for the opposition to get it out and rebound it. So rolling the dice and going long out of defence and long and deep inside the forward line is important.

It would be good to have Jamison and Henderson in defence against them. We might be forced to play Bower to match their height. If we go with Thornton against Collingwood it would be Wisse to have Bower as a sub incase that fails.

I know it's only attending a game of footy, but the information he would have picked up from seeing the Hawthorn/Collingwood game live today would be invaluable. Collingwood put so much pressure on Hawthorn today, and they were missing targets all over the place, or kicking it straight to a Collingwood player.

Something tells me the guy we employ as opposition coach (what's his name?) was probably there, taking notes on what were the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Furthermore I'd expect that all of our coaches have been to Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn games this year as these are the teams who will be our biggest rivals come september.

From a coaching perspective why would attending a game live enhance the actual tactical information gleaned? Surely they have access to more than the public broadcast. All cameras roll for the entire game, you'd think clubs would acquire all footage and have someone trawl through important plays from different angles

I feel as if this is an adequate opportunity to pull out the 'one week at a time' cliche

'One week is an eternity in football' (another cliche). The Bulldogs should be the focus of the fans/players.

Dawes is out for six weeks, i have said this before they are a few injuries away from coming back to the field. oops lets beat the doggies first!

Just saw this too myself. Don't underestimate Dawes' loss to the Pies especially while Jamo is out and we have an undersized backline. If we can keep Cloke to 3 or less we are a massive show.

I feel as if this is an adequate opportunity to pull out the 'one week at a time' cliche

'One week is an eternity in football' (another cliche). The Bulldogs should be the focus of the fans/players.

The Bulldogs game screams out as a danger game for me as well. They're on a bit of a roll (sure they haven't really beaten anyone of particular note but do not underestimate them).

If Richmond pull a Melbourne (get humiliated against Carlton and then face Essendon the following week) and shock Essendon the week after their big win against Geelong, not out of the question as far as I'm concerned, Collingwood do what they're supposed to do against the Roos (they'll thump them) come 4:40PM Sunday the Western Bulldogs, who were written off less than a month ago, will be playing for a position inside the eight.

We really should beat them but that type of scenario plays only to motivate them. They also beat us last year so we owe them.

probably already been mentioned, but Dawes is out with a broken knucle for 4-6.

Means he will miss the Carlton game. This makes things alot easier in that we only have to cover 1 of the gorillas!

Means he will miss the Carlton game. This makes things alot easier in that we only have to cover 1 of the gorillas!
Yes, but the key is to make some of our defenders into gorillas also in the years ahead:thumbsu:

Tarrant or Reid will go forward and 204cm Keefe will play key defence with whichever one stays back.

Minimal change to structure and a good opportunity to blood Keefe who was incredibly impressive in NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

More Reasons to beat Colllingwood in 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back