Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting outside the old peter mac building years ago while my dad was getting treated with some radio, Scott Cummings parked in front of my car and he got out, I looked at him thinking "geez this fat guy looks like Scott Cummings, oh it is Scott Cummings" he walked away. I never saw him again.

I was sitting outside the old peter mac building years ago while my dad was getting treated with some radio, Scott Cummings parked in front of my car and he got out, I looked at him thinking "geez this fat guy looks like Scott Cummings, oh it is Scott Cummings" he walked away. I never saw him again.
... nobody ever saw him again

Also, was he coming or going?

Saw Sam Thaiday (Broncos) at a mate's party in Albany Creek, Brisbane back in the mid-noughties. A mate's missus went up to him, introduced herself, then proceeded to tell him why the Broncos are so shit and that he's a piece of crap by association. Not the smartest thing to say to a 110kg 2nd rower, but she had similar characteristics herself and he laughed her off, albeit rather nervously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Salmon came into my old work for a meal, had a $15 pot and parma...the pot was coke.

At the same workplace Setanta O'Hailpin, Michael Jamison and Joe Dare (former rookie) would come in regularly and order 5 meals between the 3 of them. Mind you these meals were very rarely eaten by even the best 'eater' yet they demolished them all.

Also seen Buddy and Josh Gibson having a bet on the races. Buddy looked very skinny while Gibson looked like a tank.

Saw Fev once placing some bets, had a collect on one of the races and gave me a $10 tip. Expected him to be taller.

Shaun Higgins came in while injured at the dogs during the footy season and ordered a beer. Not sure if that broke team rules or not, didn't ring the club to dob him in though.

Once sat down at the pokies at Crown and realised I'd sat next to Brett Peake.....wonder what important bit of information I've lost to keep that pearl in my mind!

Ron De Iulio changed the battery in my car about ten years ago. I also see him at almost every game smoking at the breaks. Strangely feel like I know him, though the only words ever exchanged were:
"Which car?"
"That one".

Good to know he's still a fan.

A couple of days ago I was at Prahran market deciding whether to get a ciabatta loaf from Noisette and my partner told me he had just walked past James Frawley near the mushroom guy. I asked him whether he sneered or justifiably punched him in the head, and he said no - he just said "g'day Chip".

Yesterday I was thinking about it, and I asked my partner whether Frawley said anything in reply. And then I found out that he made it up (about saying g'day Chip that is - he did apparently see Frawley, just didn't speak to him).

Saw Sam Thaiday (Broncos) at a mate's party in Albany Creek, Brisbane back in the mid-noughties. A mate's missus went up to him, introduced herself, then proceeded to tell him why the Broncos are so shit and that he's a piece of crap by association. Not the smartest thing to say to a 110kg 2nd rower, but she had similar characteristics herself and he laughed her off, albeit rather nervously

If I were a woman I probably wouldnt mouth off to NRL players.

Likely get a backhander.

I walked past Brent Stanton at the Byron Bay Beach hotel a few weeks ago, and did a double take, he did also and for a moment I thought I was famous. I said "hey you're Brent Stanton" just to remind him who he was. He smiled and agreed with me, then I said "don't worry I'm a bombers fan".

It was a Sunday arvo with the sweet soul sounds of Lisa Hunt when I saw him again about an hour later with his kids, I said to him "are they your kids?" he smiled and nodded yes.

I walked past Brent Stanton at the Byron Bay Beach hotel a few weeks ago, and did a double take, he did also and for a moment I thought I was famous. I said "hey you're Brent Stanton" just to remind him who he was. He smiled and agreed with me, then I said "don't worry I'm a bombers fan".

It was a Sunday arvo with the sweet soul sounds of Lisa Hunt when I saw him again about an hour later with his kids, I said to him "are they your kids?" he smiled and nodded yes.

Hahaha, excellent

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back