Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2005 I was at Melbourne Airport in International Arrivals, waiting for WWE wrestlers to arrive. But instead James Hird came out with no luggage and went straight to a waiting car.

I saw Paul Orndorff standing around at Sydney airport in the mid 90s. He was wearing a pair of those multicolored parachute pants that were fashionable at the time. Not very tall to my surprise.

At a Bulldogs game at Docklands I once saw Nick Maxwell and two teammates who I can't remember now walk around on level 3 with a notebook. I don't remember the game, but I remember the fact that the team that we were playing were playing Collingwood the next week.

I assume he was taking notes on the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Wiz Capper at the Oils on 6th Nov at Myer Music Bowl. He was wearing garish pants, and didn't really seem all that engaged in the music. His lady friend was. Not sure the Oils realised Wiz was in the crowd.
That reminds me if saw Wiz at Vic Gardens shopping centre several years ago. Was just walking through the shopping centre.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

I saw Paul Orndorff standing around at Sydney airport in the mid 90s. He was wearing a pair of those multicolored parachute pants that were fashionable at the time. Not very tall to my surprise.
That would've been a 'wonderful' experience.

Saw Mark Ricciuto wearing a colourful afro wig in Wyndham St after the Hong Kong international races.

To be fair the colourful afro wig element makes this encounter anything but boring.

Ricciuto with hair is a sight unseen for nearly 20 years at this point, so yeah, anything but boring.

Standing at the front bar of my local The Railway Club in Port Melbourne. Got a glimpse of a guy walking through from the restaurant. Did a double take because of his size, it was Simon Madden. Sees me do a double take and walks over and says "Yeah, mate. It's me. What do you want to ask me about my career?" I said sorry mate, I'm from Sydney, I have no idea who you are. I take it your not a jockey though? He laughed and then proceeded to tell me how good he was.

I used to work with the unknown brother (Paul just so you know). He was a better player than both Simon and Justin but chose his career over footy.

Nice bloke.

Just saw Matthew Kennedy wearing a Patriots hat in Yarraville, wanted to call him a bandwagoner, but realised he's a Blue now.

Off-season, blues wearing hats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back