Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was walking near some commission flats a few months ago near Chapel Street and saw this homeless guy with ripped trackie dacks, ripped jumper, and woollen beanie, taking a dog for a walk. Turned out it was Dane Swan.

I saw Scott Pendlebury at Williamstown Coles the night before the 2010 GF. He was doing his shopping. I think it was before the first GF, but can't be 100% sure. That has always annoyed me. I remember being surprised how tall he was.

I once sat near Sav Rocca at a cafe in Lygon St as he enjoyed a meal....big unit !

Had a pleasant chat with Ang Christou in another cafe years ago...
I like cafe's...

Karl Langdon was at a party I went too, he had this amusement park velcro wall thing that you throw kids in velcro suits against. He threw my kids against the wall a few times. I had a beer and other refreshments (cough, cough) with him.
My kids went to a Mainy footy camp,nice guy.
Met Chris Lewis at a party, also nice guy.
Had a conversation with Sam Mitchell in a cafe in Sydney about 10 years ago. My subtle infiltration eventually paid off this year when he came to play for us.

I once saw Doug Hawkins leaning on a Stop/Go bat doing traffic control a few years ago...he appeared content.

Mark Harvey was once a regular at my local TAB ....never shared any tips and kept mostly to himself...

I spotted Mark Risciotto in the street in Adelaide once but we never became friends....

Was leaving a car park in the city one night and this idiot in front had blocked everyone in, appeared he had stuck his credit card in the wrong slot in order to get out of the car park. Next minute he comes up to my car window and asks if anyone has any tweezers, continued on to the cars behind me until a security guy come down and helped this idiot retrieve his card and gtfo of the way. That rocket surgeon was Danny Frawley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Scott Pendlebury at Williamstown Coles the night before the 2010 GF. He was doing his shopping. I think it was before the first GF, but can't be 100% sure. That has always annoyed me. I remember being surprised how tall he was.
Go back through your old visa/bank statements:D;)

Was at a bar at Henley Beach and entered the men's room at the same time as Ebert. After starting our business we both noticed a disgusting smell at the same time and looked back at one of the stalls - there was puke all over the floor.

I looked at him and said "God that's disgusting".

He agreed.

Also attended my wife's school reunion a few years back and Clinton Young was one of the class members. They are from a small country town so there were only about 20 ex-students with their partners, so pretty small. We chatted a bit about footy, then played pool in the pub later. Didn't realise he was a tall bloke - almost the same height as me. He was nice.

Caught Ron Barassi double parking

Saw Ben McEvoy standing outside Crown
Was selling lollies as a 12yr old at princes park at the start of the reserves Barrassi come and brought a 10cent bar of chocolate off me and gave me a ten bob note I said I haven't got any change he said you flipping kids have never got any change. Also bought a hot colour tv years ago nearly fainted when a Collingwood player at the time delivered it.

I often run into Eagles players at my regular lunch spots in Subiaco, usually Nippon or Zambreros.

In recent months Daniel Kerr and Dean Cox were in front of me in the Nippon queue. Separate instances, they were not together.

I was pleased to see NicNat ahead of me at Zambreros order the exact same burrito as I do, and it was all going well until he botched the final step - sauce selection. Someone needs to tell him it's chipotle or bust.

I was at Optus Oval in 2011 for a practice match between the Bulldogs and Brisbane. I was enjoying the game before Jason Akermanis popped up out of no where and sat next to me. I stood up from my seat, shuffled past him without saying excuse me, walked up a couple of rows, then sat next to a Darren Jarman lookalike who was breast feeding.

Sat next to Dahl at the soccer last night. Nice guy.
One of my mates is going out with the Bont's sister.
Todd Banfield teaches my little bro tennis.
So, pretty lame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back