Most Improved Players of 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Suckling

I couldn't stand his overconfidence in his left boot last year & his poor defensive efforts.

This year he's punched above his weight defensively & is playing a Bob Murphy role in probing attacks, switching play across the field.

Many Dogs fans only see his weaknesses & turnovers, but even Saint Bob turned the ball over at a reasonable rate. You've got to play high stakes to win the game.

Seedsman went from being lucky he got seven years on a list (let alone drafted, what a yarn) to genuinely decent.

Guys like Smith and Bruest are always good but played in great sides where a slightly less than average game means they're overshadowed and ignored, but then they bob up again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Melbourne I'd say Hogan and Oliver. Both were already good players but Jesse has taken it to another level with his work around the ground and Oliver has really improved his use of contested possessions and his tackling around stoppages. Both elite in their 4th and 3rd seasons respectively.

Jet* Anderson.

Seriously. This guy was a spud last year, all of a sudden he's awesome.

Yep, could legit be our best midfielder by the end of the year.

May win our B&F.

Easily the best 2 way player in our side atm.

Jet* Anderson.

Seriously. This guy was a spud last year, all of a sudden he's awesome.
He’s a decent pacey inside mid, north hasn’t had one of those since a young Daniel Wells, even then, he was inside-out mid.

- Anderson
- Majak has turned into a half decent kpd.
- Ed ‘Two Dads’ Vickers-Willis
- Caddy
- Grundy
- Zac Fisher has impressed me a lot. He’s going to be an a-grade gun very soon.
- Charlie Cameron
- Parfitt
- Stewart
- Pearce

Last edited:
For Melbourne I'd say Hogan and Oliver. Both were already good players but Jesse has taken it to another level with his work around the ground and Oliver has really improved his use of contested possessions and his tackling around stoppages. Both elite in their 4th and 3rd seasons respectively.

Oliver is a beast. He's closer to Cripps then people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Improved Players of 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back