Most Improved Players of 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight off the bat I would have thought:

Parfitt
Seedsman
Zac Fisher
Bailey Williams (hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread)
Scharenberg

haven't seen much of North this year but glad to hear Majak is doing well.

Caddy.

I know Tigers fans like to wank about him like he was the second coming of Leigh Matthews last year but the reality was he spent last year as a good solid contributor who did his job most weeks.

Every time I’ve watched him this year he has been eye catchingly good.
He ****en well was - just Leigh Matthews a year before he became a gun :p

Completely agree - he's also proven to be serviceable when going forward even at 187cm. Unfortunately that West Coast dive has people thinking he's more stager than competitive animal.
I dont think you can watch Oliver play and not get he's a competitive beast. He reminds me a bit of Toby Greene's simplistic view of footy, see ball get ball.

Oh for sure - but most of the time I see him get mentioned the comments always turn to the dive against West Coast and that it means he's 'soft'.
Opposition supporters always try and disparage, particularly players agressive at the ball, it seems. Coaches love them though.

Mason Wood looks ready to become the next Jack Darling. Just reckon he could be more dominant when his overhead marking develops, but he's one to watch for the future.

Always shown glimpses of being a star, just needs consistent time on the park without injury. Has that X-factor which, coupled with Brown's consistency/simplicity, could turn out to be an epic forward-line duo. Here's hoping.

Probably not a comment for this thread in particular, but it's funny how 8 games of footy can so drastically change the general footy public's outlook on North's future. From apparent cellar-dwellers with no one at all coming through the ranks, to genuinely competitive side with the likes of Anderson, Brown, Wood, Hartung, Simpkin, EVW, LDU, Clarke showing plenty for the future. Funny game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson near BOG again.

Most North supporters would of seriously struggled to have him in our top 40 at the start of the year.

Averages more ranking points than Higgins in the last 7 rounds and second in the side only to Cunnington in that period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Improved Players of 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back