Most improved players so far in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

For Hawthorn Brendon Whitecross and from another club it's Will Schofield, he is much improved player this season, he is a gun! :thumbsu: Also Matthew Wright from Adelaide is another who has improved.

Adelaide: Matthew Wright, Matthew Jaesnch
Brisbane: Ryan Harwood, Rohan Bewick
Carlton: Dennis Armfield,
Collingwood: Jarryd Blair, Ben Sinclair
Essendon: Jake Carlisle,
Fremantle: Clancee Pearce, Matt DeBoer
Geelong: Mitch Duncan,
GCS: Matt Shaw, Zac Smith,
GWS: Tim Mohr, Johnathon Giles
Hawthorn: Brendon Whitecross, Matt Suckling, Ryan Schoenmakers, Luke Breust
Melbourne: Tom McDonald
NM: Leigh Adams, Nathan Grima
PA: Matthew Broadbent, Paul Stewart
Richmond: Dylan Grimes
St Kilda: Tom Simpkin
Sydney: Mike Pyke, Lewis Jetta, Alex Johnson, Nick Smith
WCE: Will Schofield, Chris Masten, Eric MacKenzie
WB: Tom Liberatore, Mark Austin

matt wright has been VERY good since forcing his way into the 22 after i think 3 games in the sanfl at the start of the year. matt jaensch has been average, with one good game, and has been out of the side since the north melbourne debacle, he doesnt even look close to coming back in this year.

so i would say you are half right.

you could probably put half of the crows team on this list though!

As a long time Stanton basher, I would have to nominate him. In the last month he has slowed down a bit.

K. Hunt has proved himself to be a valuable contributor.

Shane Tuck has improved a lot, more opportunities for sure but I think he has learnt what his limitations are.

From a Geelong view point I know he has had some injury set backs but Motlop has become important quickly.

For Hawthorn Brendon Whitecross and from another club it's Will Schofield, he is much improved player this season, he is a gun! :thumbsu: Also Matthew Wright from Adelaide is another who has improved.

Adelaide: Matthew Wright, Matthew Jaesnch
Brisbane: Ryan Harwood, Rohan Bewick
Carlton: Dennis Armfield,
Collingwood: Jarryd Blair, Ben Sinclair
Essendon: Jake Carlisle,
Fremantle: Clancee Pearce, Matt DeBoer
Geelong: Mitch Duncan,
GCS: Matt Shaw, Zac Smith,
GWS: Tim Mohr, Johnathon Giles
Hawthorn: Brendon Whitecross, Matt Suckling, Ryan Schoenmakers, Luke Breust
Melbourne: Tom McDonald
NM: Leigh Adams, Nathan Grima
PA: Matthew Broadbent, Paul Stewart
Richmond: Dylan Grimes
St Kilda: Tom Simpkin
Sydney: Mike Pyke, Lewis Jetta, Alex Johnson, Nick Smith
WCE: Will Schofield, Chris Masten, Eric MacKenzie
WB: Tom Liberatore, Mark Austin

Jaensch had a purple patch towards the beginning of the year, but has really fallen back now. Wright I agree with 110%. He's an absolute gem!!

Atley and Thomas are comfortably North's two most improved.

Funny that people are mentioning Adams because they're only noticing him since the Judd incident. He's been at this level for years.

Grima's a gun but he was in 2010 as well.

True. Leigh Adams' form had dipped dramatically earlier in the year as well. It's been the last 6 weeks or so that he has got back to his best.

Matthew Broadbent's first 3 years at the club, he got 20+ possessions once.

Since Round 8, he has averaged 23 disposals per game. He's also kicked 14 goals for the year, his previous season-best was 4.

He's also averaging 4 clearances per game compared to the 2 clearances per game he averaged in his first 3 years, and is leading the club with the most clearances this year.

He may not be considered amongst the best in the comp at this stage (although he's still only young), but in terms of his improvement, he's up there with the best.

Matthew Broadbent's first 3 years at the club, he got 20+ possessions once.

Since Round 8, he has averaged 23 disposals per game. He's also kicked 14 goals for the year, his previous season-best was 4.

He's also averaging 4 clearances per game compared to the 2 clearances per game he averaged in his first 3 years, and is leading the club with the most clearances this year.

He may not be considered amongst the best in the comp at this stage (although he's still only young), but in terms of his improvement, he's up there with the best.

Yeah for Port most improved is Broadbent, I can see Moore being the next

Adelaide, I'd say Rory, he's been bloody awesome this year.

Gold Coast - Harley Bennell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Most improved players so far in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back