Most over rated/Under rated Players:And reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Over rated:Scott Cummings
Cant mark over head (consistently),cant play off the ground,spider burton is more agile

Under rated:Clive Waterhouse
Constantly ridiculed and nicknamed (wilderbeast) yet is arguably the hardest player in the league to match up against and is finally consistent

Overrated is easy now - Hammil and Gehrig for getting about the same money as Lloyd and Hird
eek.gif
, what a ****in joke.

Under rated, I just don't understand how you could let go of a guy like Adrian Fletcher not once but twice, he's one of the best in-and-unders going around.

Cheers.

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

Rice - Adrian Fletcher has been let go by 3 clubs. Geelong, StKilda and Brisbane.

When he was at Geelong, he had a drinking problem and Blight wouldn't stand for it. As for StKilda and Brisbane, I don't know.

The most Over-rated player in my opinion is Chris Grant. To this day, I have never seen him play a good game.

Trent Croad is also over-rated

The most Under-rated player would have to be Brett Ratten. He never gets the publicity of the Kouta's, Bradley's and Camporeale's of this world but always plays a top game. His votes in the Brownlow this season are a testament to that.

Over under-rated would be John Blakey, Andrew Schauble, Justin Murphy (let's hope so) and Brenton Sanderson.

Forgot about St Kilda Catta. Can't agree with you about the Rolls Royce.

Granted (pardon the pun) his goal kicking isn't the best, but if he played up back all year as he did a couple of years ago, I reckon he'd be every bit as good as Dustin Fletcher. Tall, very mobile and very good at ground level.

In fact if I had a choice of any one player in the league I'd like at Essendon it would be Grant at CHB. Then we realy would be unbeatable IMHO.

I've said in a previous post that this would be a spine to die for:

Fletcher
Grant
Misiti
Lucas/Hird
Lloyd

Cheers.

rice i personally would rather have croad at chb only for the reason that he will get better and play longer
if grant was croads age then i would say grant

overrated- silvagni (most ever), farmer and carey (consistancy only), camporeale (mike 3rd best in the league, your kiddding right???), Mckernan and grant, matthew allan

underrated- essendon midfield and backline, hird (only as far as the soft **** tag), long, croad, ottens, ricciuto, wanganeen, luke power

No one ever mentions DEAN KEMP. He's never won a club champion award never gets brownlow votes and easily deserved a all australian spot this year. He's in the top 3 midfielders in the comp and he never wastes a ball like so many others (Buckley, Voss, Campo)

Most Overrated.. Warren Tredrae from port can get the ball but kicking for goal... absolutely shocking
Most Underrated.. Anthony Ingerson Always seems to do a good job for Melbourne, another of the Crows trading mistakes

Rice,

You are probably right but I think you are a little unfair too. Obviously Hird and Lloyd play on a team with a far greater spread of good players than any other team. I'm sure the pair of them could get heaps more money if they wanted to go to anotehr club.

In our case, we finished last on the ladder with two wins for the season. We needed to make wholesale changes and be very active during the period. The club has done better than any of us could imagine. I think it is pretty obvious that to attract high profile players to the club, we needed to offer perspective players a contract that was significantly worth more than they probably deserved at the time.

I consider them an investment into the future of the club. Let's hope they both earn their money. (Well I am anyway)

RICE,

Grant's goal kicking has improved AMAZINGLY this year - 2 or 3 actual games won. Oh yes.. and a certain left foot goal to WIN a game against ???? under just a bit of pressure !

I'm a Waterhouse fan - if he was the 3rd forward like Hamill, he'd be up there.

How about John Blakey's season ?

Sainter in no way was I having a go at the Saints, I take my hat off to them the way they've gone about trading. Hammil and Gehrig were the best two players on offer, they needed them they got them and Lawrence to boot. Oh and a guy called Blight
biggrin.gif
, sensational result.

I just get a bit pissed off that these guys can demand just about any price and a club will pay it, which does stink I think. It won't worry the Saints too much because I suspect one Mr Gudinski might be inputting some of his vast funds to the cause.

Yeah Bernie you're right about Grant he has improved his kicking, he had the yips last year I think. He'll go down in history for that one against the Dons.

Cheers.

Andy Maher is the most overrated name in football.
A) Where the hell did he come from to be all over the tv and hosting before the game etc.
B) His opinion sucks
C) You can tell he was one of those nerdy blokes at school who had no friends.

Cheers,

Nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A) Where the hell did he come from to be all over the tv and hosting before the game etc.
B) His opinion sucks

Cheers,

Nick.

"Hey SOS"

B) His opinion sucks

Cheers,

Nick.

He was a producer who worked on poxy shows like Talking Footy, and then a few Fox Sports shows. Came from nowhere though, I agree.

I knew someone close to him and had to endure his company a couple of hours at the footy one day.

I also used to read the smutty texts he'd send.

Total f***w** of the highest order.

Over rated:Scott Cummings
Cant mark over head (consistently),cant play off the ground,spider burton is more agile

Under rated:Clive Waterhouse
Constantly ridiculed and nicknamed (wilderbeast) yet is arguably the hardest player in the league to match up against and is finally consistent
Bay 13.

Woops its a mod and a freo mod at that.

Sorry, good post.

Why the F would you revive a thread that is 6 years old just to can Andy Maher? :confused:
He has never even played the game.
You must have some pretty serious issues in life.

Bay 13.

Woops its a mod and a freo mod at that.

Sorry, good post.

Right...Another attack.

Your fast becoming Cyber stalker No. 1

2000? Woah..Could have been one of my first threads on this board...

Though the comment about Scotty Cummings...Could be attached to another certain FF at that club..

But I wont go there....

Remove this Banner Ad

Most over rated/Under rated Players:And reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back