Most overated Player playing Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by lionsims
Chris Tarrant. All over the palce, can be very very good and can be shocking. needs to be more consistent.
But that's pretty much how he is rated isn't it? He is definately dissapointingly inconsistant from a Collingwood supporters perspective. Not many Collingwood players are over rated outside Collingwood but a few are by us Collingwood supporters. A few will show why soon though - Tarrant, Fraser, Davis prime among them. Funnily enough, Steve McKee is Collingwood's most over rated player. He is much worse than he is given credit for.

Plenty of players are over rated by their own supporters. Nick Holland is a clear winner IMO. He was a promising youngster who never made much impact due to from, confidence, technique and injury problems. He look of for a couple of games again last year but it's all too little too late. Either that or Dermy practiced on him before killing Croad's career. Agree with O'Laughlin call to an extent. Chris Grant is a very good player but over rated quite a bit by Bulldog people IMO. If you compare him to Carey he is not even in his shadow, yet that does not seem to be the opinion down Doggy way. Byron Picket is over rtaed IMO. He can crunch people and he can kick great goals. He can aslo watch the game go by at times and he is braver without the ball than with it. Still a good and useful player but not the great some rave he is. Dew is a bit over rtaed. IMO anyway, he does far to little over the course of a season and generaly over a whole game to justfy anything more than a "potentially damaging player" status.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take these players in my side but there are not quite the players many say they are IMO.

Truth is you never see enough of opposition players to rate them correctly.

Used to think "Richo" was overrated but he was awesome in the game against hawthorn late last year.

At hawthorn Cindy Crawford is rated ahead of the rest by a long way but I think he could use the ball better when he gets it. He is the heartbeat of the hawthorn team and he did deserve his brownlow in 99 as he won most of the awards that year.

I think Robert harvey is abit the same (except his brownlow and GF years when he was very damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Matthew Primus
2. Matthew Pavlich
3. Warren Tredrea
4. Mark Ricciuto
5. Travis Johnstone
6. Chris Grant
7. Dustin Fletcher
8. Daniel Chick
9. James Clement
10. Mal Michael

Remove this Banner Ad