Most overated Player playing Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by The Ewok
Josh 'soft as butter' Fraser
Leon 'no kicks, no handballs, no marks' Davis
Chris 'wasted talent' Tarrant

Spot on. Leon and Rocca are the most over-rated. You put someone his own size on Rocca like Fraser Gehrig and you don't see him for the rest of the day.

Originally posted by Catman
Michael O'Loughlin. We hear how good this bloke is each year, but never see any proof. Hugely overrated.

Anthony Rocca had the title before, but was able to actually produce the goods more often last year.

O'Loughlin seems to be getting worse as the years go by. Definately needs a good 2003, and with Hall and Davis around should have the shackles loosened a bit.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Porthos
James Hird
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Mcchawk
Agree and chuck Buckley into the mix as well

Agree with both the above ...

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
Not saying he isn't worthy of it but Nick Riewolt just gets far too much done on him he has even said so himself that he's unhappy with the media following every breath he takes. Got too much to live up to now. Same thing happened to Josh Fraser and now he has crumbled!

Nick Riewoldt was 10 times the player Josh Fraser was in his first year. Big difference. Nick Riewoldt also handles the media and attention very well IMO.

Originally posted by Bjay

... in your dreams, but not in ours - he's gonna be a champion

He might be, but he was crap this year and kicked a total of 15 goals, so at the moment I think he is over rated :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
Not saying he isn't worthy of it but Nick Riewolt just gets far too much done on him he has even said so himself that he's unhappy with the media following every breath he takes. Got too much to live up to now. Same thing happened to Josh Fraser and now he has crumbled!

Is that a hint that he would like to be traded to a low profile non-AFL city?
Brisbane perhaps?

Originally posted by Fraser
Nick Riewoldt was 10 times the player Josh Fraser was in his first year. Big difference. Nick Riewoldt also handles the media and attention very well IMO.

No he didnt

Fraser actually got on the park in his first year

Originally posted by grayham
Brisbane perhaps?

No idea. Just said what a joke the papers can be and was sick of that poll they had him in where the readers vote. Did read some of his diary though and he was very anxious to go home especially when he was down about doing his knee. Seems to be the one to take over the Harvey Bourke Loewe status so you would think he would want to play out his career at one club but with not much success and Brisbane doing so well over there you never know!

Originally posted by grayham
Brisbane perhaps?

Saint supporters were understandably worried about that, but the "worry" has shifted to leaving to another Melbourne club. Nick seems to be of the Daniel Wells school of though, in that he wants to play in Melbourne. Heartland of footy and all....

Originally posted by Rooster Demon
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: YAWN:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well said RD, fancy attacking the great Barrie Rohran! :mad:

Especially considering the thread is actually titled "Most overated Player playing Now" :rolleyes: last time I looked BR was retired and doing great stuff for NAFC, in regards to memberships and sponsorships and stuff! he he

My choice would have to be Matthew Primius :D

A few young forwards have been mentioned ~

Brown
Riewalt
Tredrea
Fraser
Tarrent
A.Rocca

A talented group but yet to win everyone over.

Just goes to show how f*cking good Carey was. At age 21/22 he was the captain of his team, and at the top of his game. He had very few rivals even at that age.

Originally posted by MarkT

Plenty of players are over rated by their own supporters. Nick Holland is a clear winner IMO. He was a promising youngster who never made much impact due to from, confidence, technique and injury problems. He look of for a couple of games again last year but it's all too little too late. Either that or Dermy practiced on him before killing Croad's career. Agree with O'Laughlin call to an extent. Chris Grant is a very good player but over rated quite a bit by Bulldog people IMO. If you compare him to Carey he is not even in his shadow, yet that does not seem to be the opinion down Doggy way.

Chris Grant had a bad 2002, no one said he played well and he regularly got bagged in the media. Every other year of his career he has been outstanding, people rave on about a guy like Rocca yet Grant has put together at least 8 seasons better then Roccas best season.

And please tell me when a Bulldog fan has ever said Grant was as good as Carey, I think you'll find what Bulldog fans often say is that he would be regarded more highly by the football public if he wasn't playing at the same time as Carey. Carey is far and away the best CHF of recent years, Grant is by far and away the second best.

I'm stumped...

Since when has anyone outside the club ever rated Rocca, Tarrant or Leon Davis?

You might argue us Magpie fans talk them up, but we talk all our players up generally, we are supportive fans.

Anthony Rocca is ridiculously underrated compared to the positive exposure he gets.

Originally posted by Lockyer24

Anthony Rocca is ridiculously underrated compared to the positive exposure he gets.

I agree, but last year he got rated for what he was worth, he had a great year

Fraser is over rated but will still be a gun

I won't start talking about Davis...

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overated Player playing Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back