Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

wow how did this happen?

View attachment 2049388
I don’t subscribe to Daicos being overrated but those hack kicks off the ground he has been doing lately are classed as contested possessions, as are ground ball gets regardless of whether or not they were under pressure

Also, I think Daicos is a pretty good contested player, but these stats are not representative of hard ball gets

Really, CD and the AFL should just make these stats available to us so we don’t carry on like nuffies

Nick Daicos is a very good footballer and also the most overrated footballer in the league.
Clearly a top 5 player in the league and has won numerous games off his own boot in 64 attempts. Has an army of enemies awaiting every sub 8/10 performance like no other player in the league sees, including the likes of Bontempelli, Gulden, Neale etc

Clearly a top 5 player in the league and has won numerous games off his own boot in 64 attempts. Has an army of enemies awaiting every sub 8/10 performance like no other player in the league sees, including the likes of Bontempelli, Gulden, Neale etc
Black and white stripe tax I’m afraid

I’m marking him now as a 3rd year player and not as if he’s 27 with 200 games under his belt, much harder to be critical that way

At worst you mark him against his own benchmark

I don’t subscribe to Daicos being overrated but those hack kicks off the ground he has been doing lately are classed as contested possessions, as are ground ball gets regardless of whether or not they were under pressure

Also, I think Daicos is a pretty good contested player, but these stats are not representative of hard ball gets

Really, CD and the AFL should just make these stats available to us so we don’t carry on like nuffies
They have 12 different statisticians st each game counting and calling stats to each other, they dont just make up stats for Daicos to pad his.

View attachment 2025429

Cope more, B+ players don't win Gary Ayres medals playing 3 of 4 games.

Walsh skull ****ed the entire Sydney team in the Elim Final last year, and I was there to see it. It was beautiful.

Sydney supporters are up and about this season, would love to see them again in September at the G. Walsh will embarrass them again.
How many players played 4 games in the 2023 finals series?

They have 12 different statisticians st each game counting and calling stats to each other, they dont just make up stats for Daicos to pad his.
Yes I know, I’ve coded games

I’m supporting you, not arguing with you

Just give us exposure to the broad spectrum stats, we have the most data rich sport in the world but can’t consume most of the stats

Shai Bolton the easy answer. Downhill skier of the highest order.

Darcy Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Pump Up GIF by Essendon FC
It’s me.

Jayden Short. If anyone still rates him.

They just have. Hard ball gets are in the too hard basket for Daycare. :)

1721506789013.png

Daycare ****ed up badly yesterday. Had a gilt edged chance to take his maiden contested mark out on the wing but fumbled it.

Last edited:
People are way too hard on Daicos. He doesn’t have to be number 1 in the comp for every stat.

He’s more effective outside, he should just do that, and shouldn’t get a knock on him for it.

They just have. Hard ball gets are in the too hard basket for Daycare. :)

View attachment 2054173

Daycare ****ed up badly yesterday. Had a gilt edged chance to take his maiden contested mark out on the wing but fumbled it.
Stats don't add up. Supposedly averages 30.1 possessions, but that shows 29.1 from general play, 2.5 marks and presumably he gets the occasional free kick.
Source?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back