Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Barass actually defends a forward, Moore likes and only wants to be loose and by himself
Yeah. That role suits his skillset.
I doubt anyone outside of the most one eyed Pies fans would agree with this. Moore is a rockstar defender, Barrass is a rock. One v one he's imperious
You throw Barrass and Moore both onto the open market, Moore will field bigger offers and from more clubs. He's had a down year and he's still a better player than Barrass. If Barrass was as superb as he is hyped to be, the Eagles wouldn't be feeding journalists stories about his future because they want to trade him.

Definitely Max Holmes. The level of hype from the media is staggering. Hes a serviceable player but beyond that is debateable

EDIT: I'm keeping this post here because I don't believe in hiding things but I definitely got this wrong. I underestimated Holmes until I watched several of his games and really delved into what he does and brings to the team. He's like Willem Drew for Port. Lacks the finesse but is pivotal to the teams structure.
Highlighting this because I got it wrong, not afraid to put my hand up on this one.

You throw Barrass and Moore both onto the open market, Moore will field bigger offers and from more clubs. He's had a down year and he's still a better player than Barrass. If Barrass was as superb as he is hyped to be, the Eagles wouldn't be feeding journalists stories about his future because they want to trade him.
If Barrass goes to the Dogs, Blues, Lions, Swans or even Dockers they win the flag next year. He's that good.
Can't say the same about Moore

If coaches votes are anything to go by then Nik Daicos is seriously over-rated by Craig McRae.

That, or he is deliberately destroying the credibility of the award to create a falsely flattering reputation for his young tyro.

If Barrass goes to the Dogs, Blues, Lions, Swans or even Dockers they win the flag next year. He's that good.
Can't say the same about Moore
Moore would be that more complimentary to Liam Jones than Barrass, it's not funny. Genuinely a terrible take by you.

Brodie Grundy & Max King.

Brodie Grundy & Max King.
Brodie Grundy has definitely been overrated this season. Goes to water when games are on the line. Impact is poor

Ben King has enormous potential but is fragile

Yeah stack the backline with headless chooks, great idea 👍

Jones and Moore in the same backline would be peak comedy club, may as well run out to the Benny Hill theme
What does Barrass offer that Jones doesn't? Moore provides speed and quicker ball movement which you want in a creative centre half-back. Jones and Barrass both sit on the last line of defence. You're way off, dude

Back to Moore vs Barrass. Moore has made more AA teams than Barrass has squads. Moore has also captained his club to a premiership, while Barrass has been VC for two years and seen 6 or 7 wins in that time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Sewell

Wrong, the reason they would be listening to offers is they know he wont be a player that will be there for their next success, and as I said, he actually defends, Moore is an interceptor and hates playing not as a loose player, id always want a prime May then a prime Lever for example.

Wrong, the reason they would be listening to offers is they know he wont be a player that will be there for their next success, and as I said, he actually defends, Moore is an interceptor and hates playing not as a loose player, id always want a prime May then a prime Lever for example.
You keep your stars when you’re struggling if they’re good enough. They consider him expendable because he’s a good but not great back and an ordinary leader.

Harley Reid
He frustrates me how he always tries to break tackles every time. Like mate you can't take em on all the time. Learn when to pass it off.

I think it's just partly our woeful system/pressure. Dempsey benefits from Chris Scotts team coaching tactics.

But he will be a gun, barring something crazy happening.

Stringer bobs up once in a blue moon, like vs the Dockers. Peter Wright isn't rated that highly anymore but he's basically non-existent. I still think the Bombers are one really good KPF and tweaking a few things from being contenders next year.

He frustrates me how he always tries to break tackles every time. Like mate you can't take em on all the time. Learn when to pass it off.

I think it's just partly our woeful system/pressure. Dempsey benefits from Chris Scotts team coaching tactics.

Dempsey benefits from flogging himself into the ground with his running ability. System has little to do with it.

Much more noticeable at the ground rather than on TV, but he works so hard to be an outlet option or an outnumber, and he has all year.

It's only recently that his work has started being rewarded though, now that he's made himself at home and built respect and trust with the side.

how is he overrated at the moment?

he's a feel good, redemption story at the moment.

Next season, if he doesnt back up and he continues getting the praise, then he becomes overrated.

There’s a lot of media and general punters talking him up beyond his total career output. It’s the exact definition of overrated. Again, doesn’t mean he is shit, just that I think another solid year will be the proof point when so far only one season in his nearly 10 year career has resulted in over 20 goals.

If coaches votes are anything to go by then Nik Daicos is seriously over-rated by Craig McRae.

That, or he is deliberately destroying the credibility of the award to create a falsely flattering reputation for his young tyro.

I didn't see the game because I was watching Port demolish Swans... but 28 touches at 53% (5th worst of the game) would say he probably wasn't the best player on the ground. I know stats don't tell all, but surely that isn't a bog performance?

He’ll learn and get better at it. Being able to don’t argue well is a rare strength to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back