Most overrated team of the modern era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recent years Port Adelaide. Had a powder puff draw last year and really being tested now. Could be 0-4 this year. Won 6 out of their last 16.

Richmond. I love their supporters. 8% can see they're a 7-9 place side while the other 92% see them as a top 4 premiership winning team. I happen to work with both of them!

Legends in their own lunch boxes.

Rate North Melbourne. Could actually pinch it if things go their way. Gives Hawthorn headaches all the time.
Recent years? Port were never rated 2009-2012. 2013 made the finals against everyone's expectations. 2014 weren't tipped by most to make the finals, cames within a bee's pecker of making the GF. 2015, played against a side with a formidable home record, came close to winning. Then played against last years grand finalist and lost. I don't see where Port ever could've been rated in recent years.

Recent years Port Adelaide. Had a powder puff draw last year and really being tested now. Could be 0-4 this year. Won 6 out of their last 16.
Wow. All the threads at the beginning of last year was how 2013 was a fluke and our harder 2014 draw would find us out.

We had (and still have) a pretty young list compared to North, Freo, Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong (the rest of the top 6 last year), gets hoping we can show you all our talent again this year.

Um, yes?

Are you suggesting they weren't over-hyped going into 2009?
Who was over-hyping them? In 2007 they finished last. In 2008 they were Ninthmond. Yes they beat the Hawks in round 20 but apart from that they didn't beat anyone in particular and in 2009 they were bottom two again :rolleyes: Who apart from Richmond fans were rating them?

Who was over-hyping them? In 2007 they finished last. In 2008 they were Ninthmond. Yes they beat the Hawks in round 20 but apart from that they didn't beat anyone in particular and in 2009 they were bottom two again :rolleyes: Who apart from Richmond fans were rating them?

They finished 2008 very strongly (won 8 of the last 11, including a win over the premiers). Recruited Cousins over the off-season and just had Richo nearly win the Brownlow. Membership numbers jumped by over 20%, the opening round match against Carlton drew 87,000.

At worst people had them finishing 9th-11th. They were garbage in 2009.

Granted... it's only two games in... but...

How did the media and a fair percentage of the football public get it so wrong about Brisbane this year? They weren't tipped to win the premiership but many fancied them as a genuine finals chance.

From what I've seen so far the only thing they are a genuine chance of is finishing in the bottom 4.

Done well in the midfield recruiting department... but that's about it.

In the fox footy round table at the start of the year and also the first episode of league teams, out of the 7 or 8 of them the highest anyone rated them was 10th. The rest of them without exception had them in the bottom 4.

Amoung Brisbane supporters I don't think many seriously thought we'd make the 8.

We have made the finals once in the last 10 years, we are used to disappointment and false dawns!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Fremantle have been bigged up by all and sundry on the back of pretend coaching superman Ross The Fraud for the past 3 years and then under the previous regime for at least couple of seasons before that. So if you want to discuss the most overrated team of the modern era you simply need to do some basic arithmetic. Fremantle have been expected to win a flag for the past 5 years. It is patently obvious to even the most simple amongst us that they have been grossly overrated for a very long time.
No they were rated for a good reason because they are a good side. Just not gone on the whole way after a number of top 4 finishes. only one team wins it and lucky and good for you Hawthorn has.

You Bulldog supporters have never gotten over it.
N ow Now don't paint all clubs supporters the same way, you wouldn't want people to start saying all Saints fans think they will be playing finals this year do you after a few have stated that seriously they will would you?

N ow Now don't paint all clubs supporters the same way, you wouldn't want people to start saying all Saints fans think they will be playing finals this year do you after a few have stated that seriously they will would you?
I don't know of any Saints supporters who possess a reasonable understanding of the game and the current list that we have who seriously believe we will be playing finals this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most overrated team of the modern era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back