Most Useless AFL players to EVER get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Athorn
Tim Powell
Brett Sholl
.... and people wonder why we lost the '93 grand final.

Should also mention the following Carlton players circa 1992:
Andrew Cavedon
Stephen Edgar
Dominic Fotia
Adrian Bassett
Tim Rieniets
Darren Tarczon

Supermercado said:
Wayne Lamb

That guy sukked. He bobbed up in Tassie in the late 90's and was Captain/Coach of Cygnet in the SFL, and was easily the most undisciplined and disgraceful character I ever had the misfortune to watch.
Spent more time suspended than playing, spent more time on the field calling elderly female opposition supporters old sl*ts than keeping up with the play, and trying to fight opposition supporters.
Ended his career being sent off in an SFL finals match at the TCA against Hobart after king-hitting an opposition player, then threatening to belt the umpire and interchange steward.
Cygnet won three flags in a row after they sacked him.

A d*ckhead, and a useless player. How he played AFL is beyond me.

Skooks said:
mm..... after much thinking and consideration i would have to say that surely Peter Street would have to be, THE most useless player i have ever seen.

Trent Carroll, Steve Jackson, Geoff Farmer or Stupido from the Dons.

Fullarton Power said:
Romano Negri
I remember Big Romi some years before he played for the Crows running around for North Hobart in the old TANFL.
Was at best a reasonable player for the Demons in thier crappy years, and was very surprised to see in the AFL.

Someone earlier mentioned Hayden Kilmartin, was good here in a couple of North Hobart premierships but found the big step too much to handle.
James Cook was another, didn't do a heck of a lot here but got drafted and drifted from place to place underperforming.

David Bourke and Jurica would qualify on the list as well.

monarch4 said:
Robbie "mad dog" Muir........spent more time in the umpire's book than he did on the ground

Nah, "Mad Dog" was a good player, but just had the volcanic temper.
Mind you being black, playing football back in the 70's and 80's he would've copped all the colour jibes and it used to set him off.

If he didn't have that temper and resulting suspensions he would've been a highly rated player IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Useless AFL players to EVER get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back