Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any reports on how the new umpires faired in the first round? Apparently 1 field umpire in the Horsham/Nhill game ruffled a few feathers.

Whats going to happen with the Diggers? No under 17's, Dimmy making up the numbers for their under 14's, guys playing 2nds and 1st's.... Crikey it's only round 1. What happens when they make the trip to Ararat in the middle of July? In a world of TROUBLE.....
How are the Saints looking this year? The only recruits I have heard of are some Old Timers making a return to the magoos?;)

How are the Saints looking this year? The only recruits I have heard of are some Old Timers making a return to the magoos?;)

Not too sure. Be a long year for the boys l'd think. Have had a look a couple of times, numbers too to be quite good. Wouldn't mind sitting in a forward pocket taking a few cougars. ;)

Interesting to see on the WFL clearances, Brad Miller and Jay tucker to United, maybe a one off for the Anzac day match ?

How much is the fine? Is that a WFL or a VCFL rule? Did Ararat and Horsham pay that when they didn’t have an under 17s?

thats new to me never seen a club get fined here in Ballarat been a few Central Highlands clubs forfeit under 17 games Gordon for one not fielding under 17' VCFL can't fine clubs if they can't get numbers ya find that happens in nearly every League VCFL would be rich if they did lol more like WFL rule lol

Was at the Ararat/Dimboola game last night with Dimboola winning by 6 pts. Good close match all night with rain falling in the first qtr making it quite slippery early, also Lachie Exell was clearly the difference in the last half very classy player! Did anyone watch the Nhill/MM match? Were Nhill just too good or Min/murt disappointing?

Any predicitions for the Horsham Warrack clash this saturday?

Anyone know of changes to the two teams before the game

Horsham won’t put an overly heavy tag on Steve Schultz, if they do decide to go down that path they will wait until finals before they really try and close him down. Parish will do a lot more leg work then usual trying to create space for John’s and other who will rotate through the forward line. It’s likely they will send someone with parish no matter what. Horsham by 36 points.

Good test to see where Warrack are at. Benny Harrison gives them plenty of versatility, so may see him go back to help out with Johns, Parish etc. Horsham mids a bit too slick for mine, however I think it will be a good hard game of footy.

Warrack to have a fair crack, but Dees by 5 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its good to see that Gavin Kelm is learning from his mistakes. A few weeks ago Gavin was back at his brilliant best being a thug. He was seen in the royal hotel having a go at ex-saints footballer and now horsham demons young gun Beau Nelson for leaving the saints and ended up punching him in the face, Beau just walked away laughing at him. Its seems that Gavin doesnt realise that he is now at another club too.

Whatever happened to "what happens on the field, stays on the field???"

B Nel gun hahaha good one

Was at the Ararat/Dimboola game last night with Dimboola winning by 6 pts. Good close match all night with rain falling in the first qtr making it quite slippery early, also Lachie Exell was clearly the difference in the last half very classy player! Did anyone watch the Nhill/MM match? Were Nhill just too good or Min/murt disappointing?
Warrack by 21 points....
Grant shultz to kick 7ish,
Will be a good tight tussle and a preview i say of the best 2 this season...

Great game this one. Clearly the best two teams going around. Not sure but i think the demons might have another gear??

Dam good game of footy last night. Tough in the clinches and fast out side them.

Not sure about another gear but certainly could have kicked straighter.

Word last night was that Warrack may unveil a gun recruit for last 5 home & away games and finals.

Would make things very interesting.

Watched Dim v Nhill, and the Little Desert Derby was a good spectacle, perfect conditions for footy and was taken advantage by the two spearheads Hargraves and Prizibilla. Dimboola played an excellent brand of footy with structures holding throughout the day and movement very quick down the ground. Nhill were good in patches but were always on the back foot. Had quite a few youngsters in but struggled with the intensity. Wade Thompson was quiet. Brearley good in patches, Hargraves the only standout. Al mckinnon clearly the best for dim, with lachie watts impressing. I have a feeling Dimboola may be in the back of the minds of Horsham and Warrack with Bennet, Baker and Braithwaite still to return.

Can give a slap to the Wimmera League honcos.

How can there be 3 Wimmera League clubs in Horsham and not work the draw so that there is at least 1 game of in Horsham each Saturday?

Horsham - bye, Saints @ Nhill, Diggers @ Ararat. WTF. :confused:

At this stage you would have to say they are looking pretty good. Sitting on top of the ladder, but is that really any indication? Could they still be in the top 3 or 4 this year? Wins against United & Ararat were to be expected. A convincing win against Nhill at Nhill would suggest that they can't be wrtten off as also rans as some people thought in the pre season. As for Old Timers in the magoos, I here they have quite a bit of depth with some really good youngsters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back