Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

I have so many questions.

How bad does a costume have to be to warrant a suspension?? Unless we're talking blackface. But... could multiple players have been that stupid?

If this was a private function, who made the complaint?

How bad does a costume have to be to warrant a suspension?? Unless we're talking blackface. But... could multiple players have been that stupid?

Maybe the hospitality staff? I don't think a player would have.

On the contrary, it is exactly the correct use of the term 'woke'. It is only the 'markets at work' because companies have been brainwashed by DEI Executives that they need a crystal clean image for whatever they are trying to do and that they need to appease to the Helen Lovejoy types despite zero evidence of this actually impacting the bottom line (and often, on the contrary, negatively impacting the bottom line).

I can think of 25 year old comedy skits stereotyping the apologies of sportspeople for idiotic behaviour.

AFL clubs are trying to market themselves to as many demographics as possible. “Don’t piss off potential customers” has been a truism long before people got radicalised by the Twitter algorithm into using seppo terms like “woke” and “DEI” out of context as lazy culture-war dog whistles. The same people who will ironically fly inti a rage when an athlete kneels during an anthem or a brand of cheese changes its name.

Thanks to everyone who in the last 20 years changed this country from being one where you never dob in your mates and your all sworn to secrecy to dibby dib dib dob, dob in your mates.

Shame on that individual and anyone who supports this crap
2020-2022 was a time where people remembered how much they loved snitching on their neighbours and friends. This is a nation of boot lickers who need to be told what to do, who to look out for and where to report them.

I can think of 25 year old comedy skits stereotyping the apologies of sportspeople for idiotic behaviour.

AFL clubs are trying to market themselves to as many demographics as possible. “Don’t piss off potential customers” has been a truism long before people got radicalised by the Twitter algorithm into using seppo terms like “woke” and “DEI” out of context as lazy culture-war dog whistles. The same people who will ironically fly inti a rage when an athlete kneels during an anthem or a brand of cheese changes its name.
All a bit theoretical until we know what the misconduct is.

Thanks to everyone who in the last 20 years changed this country from being one where you never dob in your mates and your all sworn to secrecy to dibby dib dib dob, dob in your mates.

Shame on that individual and anyone who supports this crap

The Wokeification of the game in full swing here.
A costume could offend someone, think of their feelings. What is this rubbish.

I hope someone dressed up as Diddy. Then again this country cancelled Chris Lilley so Australians concept of humour and satire doesn't exist anymore

Except on the flip side people like you are always more offended/triggered about things than the other “woke” side

Exactly. And clearly the term “go woke go broke” is wrong. It clearly helps increase business,

So you'd be fine if someone wore a gorilla suit wearing the 37 or 23 Swans jersey?
They don’t resemble gorillas so why bring that up? Society has become full of victims. It’s all by design by the 1% who run the world to keep people constantly taking offence and bickering over nothing. Best thing you can do is see whom those 1% are by majority - they run corporations, banks, media, Hollywood etc. when people stop being ‘woke’ and actually wake up to this one fact then the world becomes a better place. More chance of Jesus returning…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A a player only event, at this point it doesn't look like there's any footage of anything, so has one of their team mates dobbed the rest of them in and the club has panicked and self reported incase some footage does pop up.

Piss weak, back your players until you can't anymore.
That would make it look worse.

They don’t resemble gorillas so why bring that up? Society has become full of victims. It’s all by design by the 1% who run the world to keep people constantly taking offence and bickering over nothing. Best thing you can do is see whom those 1% are by majority - they run corporations, banks, media, Hollywood etc. when people stop being ‘woke’ and actually wake up to this one fact then the world becomes a better place. More chance of Jesus returning…
Why are the crazies always 'debutants'?

They don’t resemble gorillas so why bring that up.
That's not the point. And you damn well know it.

If that actually occurred damn right there would be outrage and damn straight there should be consequences for such things. That shit wouldn't be on.

They fact you try and dismiss that says plenty.

Simulated sexual acts would be my guess that landed the lads in hot water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back