Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

This is speculation but if something like blackface or other offensive to minorities actions were portrayed then the players involved would probably be looking at 6-10 game bans easily. The AFL would want to send a message.

discussing weird science GIF

Apparently leaked photo from the night!

This is speculation but if something like blackface or other offensive to minorities actions were portrayed then the players involved would probably be looking at 6-10 game bans easily. The AFL would want to send a message.

It's a curious one because since it was behind closed doors, it seems a stretch (from how severely this is being presented) that behaviour was the issue. Like if they were horsing around and fake sticking broom handles up each others' bums it's hard to draw a line to causing fear in a bystander (since if you want to stick broom handles up your mate's bums, that's perfectly ok as long as everyone consents).

To take a wild guess, it seems like the mere fact of how they were dressed is the issue that could cause staff at the function or whatever to be severely uncomfortable and that would seem to leave either blackface or nazis.

Go woke, go broke is true in the entertainment industry.
  • The Marvels, lost $$$
  • Women Ghostbusters remake, lost $$$
  • New woke star wars shows, lost $$$

You’ve come up with two profitable yet underperforming films as proof that organisations that ‘go woke, go broke’. Amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the outrage when Richmond players were caught poking each other bums in the dressing room?
Never underestimate the stupidity of the world we are living in.
They were just embracing cultural diversity - look up the wiki article for the (widespread in schools) Japanese practice called 'Kancho'.

If you're against it, you're a racist.

They were just embracing cultural diversity - look up the wiki article for the (widespread in schools) Japanese practice called 'Kancho'.

If you're against it, you're a racist.
I had to Google it, didn’t I? 🤦

Go woke, go broke is true in the entertainment industry.
  • The Marvels, lost $$$
  • Women Ghostbusters remake, lost $$$
  • New woke star wars shows, lost $$$

I thought that was cos they were shit. One can’t just put a woman or minority cast in then jerk themselves off they have created something original.

Need fully fleshed out characters, good story line etc.

We are wildly off topic now, but saying “go woke go broke” is absurd. They are corporations they do it because they want to make money, doesn’t always work but that is the point of it.

I personally like that we don’t even know what the players did, what they dressed up as or how the acted… but apparently it’s gotta be ‘woke’ because some halfwit says so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back