Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on...Jarryd Hayne and Josh Giddey are a couple?

Do they have an Onlyfans? Asking for a friend.
User name to question posed really does check out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly both sides are just repeating the same culture war battle cries.

My concern is AFL over-reach.

AFAIK it was a private room in a private venue with no members of the public there.

It was 'an anonymous allegation' and the AFL want to suspend multiple players for 6 matches.

Where is the line drawn to protect peoples 'reasonable expectation of privacy'?

This is going to get very very messy and will end up in court.

Clearly it wasn’t private as apparently somebody else made a complaint.

Diddy, Giddey, Jarrod Hayne…

Court? Is anybody suggesting that anybody has done anything illegal? I don’t think so. This is just the AFL doing standard image stuff.

As any organisation would when some of their senior public figures decide to throw a party where the theme is “rape / child abuse”…

It all falls under bringing the game into disrepute and the players will have little if any legal recourse. It’s in their contracts. And it wasn’t in private, as clearly other people saw it…

Going by all the mentioned costumes so far, and the fact GWS had to specifically mention nothing illegal happened.

What was the theme? Rapists and child abuse? If so, nothing funny about either of them. My jokes are dark as f**k, but even I don't cross into that territory.

Then they arent really that dark.

I guess you fail to see the irony and hypocrisy of individuals telling everyone to "harden up" and "stop being offended", when they simply were lucky enough to win the birth lottery and be born male, white and in a first world country. They've never faced any adversity or racism in their lives.

Your other post is probably the worst straw man so far in this thread. The players clearly have media, appearance and disrepute clauses in the EBA and their contracts. This is simple stuff you could google. The "average Australian" doesn't appear in the media through out the year.

That is the dumbest comment ever made to say a white male in a first world country has never faced any adversity in their life…

Word on the street it was a GWS players girlfriend that informed the club after seeing videos on his phone

Dog act
Soon to be ex-girlfriend I assume

obviously jake stringer wasnt impressed

Going by all the mentioned costumes so far, and the fact GWS had to specifically mention nothing illegal happened.

What was the theme? Rapists and child abuse? If so, nothing funny about either of them. My jokes are dark as f**k, but even I don't cross into that territory.
And you're wrong. Pedo joke is second up and bloody funny. Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris following.

You see… and I’ll go through this slowly… what has happened is the wider community become more aware of the stories of others. We’ve learned things.

Let’s take your Epstein example, as that’s what you raised. He’s been exposed as having facilitated the sexual abuse of minors.

While you find it funny if somebody dresses up as him - I might too - it will not be funny to those who were sexually abused by adults when they were children.

There’s a lot of those people - we know that. Statistically, it’s almost certain you know at least one person who was sexually abused as a child. You’re just not aware of it.

They’d have felt sick at the stories of Epstein. “Comic effect”… well, not for all. Even though they hide it.

So you be a bit careful as most people aren’t really in the game of hurting others and creating “comic effect” based on their trauma.

Know your crowd. If somebody doesn’t find something funny, you’ve failed. And they might even have a good reason for it.
While the above is understandable, they are clearly not celebrating Epstein, or D
I guess you fail to see the irony and hypocrisy of individuals telling everyone to "harden up" and "stop being offended", when they simply were lucky enough to win the birth lottery and be born male, white and in a first world country. They've never faced any adversity or racism in their lives.

Your other post is probably the worst straw man so far in this thread. The players clearly have media, appearance and disrepute clauses in the EBA and their contracts. This is simple stuff you could google. The "average Australian" doesn't appear in the media through out the year.
right, so racism is exclusively the reserve of white males. gotcha. ever been anywhere else in your life eg asia or millions of other places around the world?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back