Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

That just means that there's plenty of moron jokers about. They're about as funny as a train wreck.

People should never joke about tragic events.
I bet they wouldn't think it's that funny if something like that impacted their lives.

I think we get who is funny and who isnt.

Its ok. Not everyone gets it.

BTW, ever heard the expression "laughter is the best medicine" ?
How about "Making light of a bad situation" ?
"Make the best of a bad situation" ?

Life is littered with examples of using humour to deal with bad/sad events.

Its not new. Shakespeared wrote comedic tragedies a few years ago or more. But he wasnt any good either. Certainly not at the Foxx level.

You ever been to a Wake? Or never actually had anything good or bad happen in life?

Now you are just guessing.

When people make on point rebuttals - fair enough.

When people make shit up to further their agenda, then you've already lost.

Why would you accuse them of re-inacting a rape when you have no idea if they did or didn't.

You are playing dirty pool here my man.
Why do you think every journalist keeps referencing Jarryd Hayne, Blow up sex doll and 'skits' as the reason Josh Fahey is going to get 6 weeks?

I've been at plenty of Footy & Cricket Wind Ups & the 'Private Venue' being hired has Terms & Conditions & if any 'inappropriate' behavior & or things happen, you are asked to leave.
Were any of the GWS players asked to leave by the Venue?

All this Faux Outrage will do, is lead to the AFL going down the NRL route. Teams will just hire a venue or Air BnB etc.... in the Middle of nowhere & it will just be the players enjoying themselves.

Then the fwitt Media will whine about it, because AFL players dare to have a piss up the middle of nowhere, nobody knows about, but the players.

Gilbert Gottfried infamously made a 9/11 joke at a Hugh Hefner roast only a couple of weeks after it happened.

The joke itself wasn't that offensive it was just more shocking that he made the joke so soon after it happened.

It was also shocking that Norm Macdonald didn't beat him to it, although it may have been too soon even for Norm.

Gilbert was the first comedian to make a 9/11 joke in public but he certainly hasn't been the last comedian to make one.

The old Toby tax in action again and the AFL and the world in general wasn't quite so uptight and reactionary 10 years ago.

I should have said shouldn't make a joke about it.

I think we get who is funny and who isnt.

Its ok. Not everyone gets it.

BTW, ever heard the expression "laughter is the best medicine" ?
How about "Making light of a bad situation" ?
"Make the best of a bad situation" ?

Life is littered with examples of using humour to deal with bad/sad events.

Its not new. Shakespeared wrote comedic tragedies a few years ago or more. But he wasnt any good either. Certainly not at the Foxx level.

You ever been to a Wake? Or never actually had anything good or bad happen in life?

There's a big difference in making fun of your own bad experiences, vs making a joke out of traumatic experiences others have been through.

Have you not experienced the comradery that comes with team mates doing some uncomfortably awkward shit that everyone just pretends didn't happen and you bond over the shared secret that you all now must carry?

I've kept my mouth shut about things I witnessed during footy trips so don't come for me outraged about other people being outraged brigade....

but yes I agree, I never quite understood why some players felt the need to particularly weird shit at these kinds of things. Is it because if we all do weird shit and don't tell anyone it means we can trust each other?
This is how lines get crossed because no one speaks up. A blind eye is turned because it’s a “mate” and no one wants to be the killjoy or dobber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every company I have worked for in the last ten years would still fire you if you did this at an unofficial piss-up organised by work mates and word got around.

A few years my boss had a bucks night that ended up in a strip joint. There was a mixture of work colleagues and his mates. His mates paid for him to be 'intimate' with one of the strippers. Should his employer have been told if someone at the club had made a complaint?

There's a big difference in making fun of your own bad experiences, vs making a joke out of bad experiences others have been through.

Dont watch any Roast with Pete Davidson. You may not survive being so horrified on his behalf.

Im sure he thanks you though.

Mel Brookes was asked is it ever too soon to make fun of any tragedy, the Holocaust and 9/11 being 2 examples. His answer was simple. Comedy helps people heal but if youre making fun of a tragedy it better be funny.

Some colourless dour people will want their whining to be heard, but for the majority, this is completely true.

Of course, we will laugh and move on to the next laugh, the whiners will quickly forget and move on to the next outrage to compete over.

As for Brookes, he probably doesnt know comedy. He did make that movie which used the N word. So he deserves to die.

I was in a funny car accident few years ago.
I make jokes about it now, should I stop doing that, because someone I don't even know, has had a very serious car accident?

There are jokes other than racism, rape, and events that killed thousands of people etc.

Catholic Church and Islam okay by you ?

Maybe you should give us a list of what is okay, and perhaps a couple of examples to steer us down the noble path. We woulddnt want to upset anyone.

I assume jokes about men being dumb are still cool.

This is how lines get crossed because no one speaks up. A blind eye is turned because it’s a “mate” and no one wants to be the killjoy or dobber.

But you can speak up, my line however is different to your line and that is where the world will always be at.
What I call funny you might be upset about. You don't get to set the rule because you are upset.

Catholic Church and Islam okay by you ?

Maybe you should give us a list of what is okay, and perhaps a couple of examples to steer us down the noble path. We woulddnt want to upset anyone.

I assume jokes about men being dumb are still cool.
He probably Loved Everybody Loves Raymond
A privileged White Male, being the but of every joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back