Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet this pub has run drag nights or comedy nights where as or more offensive things have been done or said that have been accepted by the bar staff as par for course. If you can control your emotional output in those circumstances I'm certain it's a transferable skill to this.
Rape jokes would get you removed from every drag night in the city. Probably the same with open mic comedy too

Swanny the voice of reason. If the AFL are going to town on the GWS team. It shows how hypocritical they are as Geelong should have been fined many times over the years for many of the same antics.

Dillon and Kane are about as useful to the AFL, as Donald Trump at a pro womens rights conference.

I thought Harry Connick Junior had been paid to play a black person's part in a movie.

Also made millions appropriating another group's music.

But Im sure he made amends by planting trees, buying a Tesla and donating cans of food.
Whatabout-isms are cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gilbert Gottfried infamously made a 9/11 joke at a Hugh Hefner roast only a couple of weeks after it happened.

The joke itself wasn't that offensive it was just more shocking that he made the joke so soon after it happened.

It was also shocking that Norm Macdonald didn't beat him to it, although it may have been too soon even for Norm.

Gilbert was the first comedian to make a 9/11 joke in public but he certainly hasn't been the last comedian to make one.

The old Toby tax in action again and the AFL and the world in general wasn't quite so uptight and reactionary 10 years ago.
Well put Plugger35.

I remember the Ronnie Johns Half Hour joke about 9/11 on Channel 10 too. It was controversial at the time.

Rape jokes would get you removed from every drag night in the city. Probably the same with open mic comedy too

Absolutely not. At drag nights I've heard verbatim:
"you're coming home with me even if I have to throw you in the boot", "watch out cutie, I'll slip something into your drink". The audience laughed both times.

I also regularly attend the comics lounge in North Melbourne. Where comedians make rape jokes on the regular, they recently hosted Ari Shaffer who is arguably the most offensive comedian working.

"you're coming home with me even if I have to throw you in the boot", "watch out cutie, I'll slip something into your drink". The audience laughed both times.

I also regularly attend the comics lounge in North Melbourne. Where comedians make rape jokes on the regular, they recently hosted Ari Shaffer who is arguably the most offensive comedian working.
Most offensive part of this is calling Ari a comedian

Swanny the voice of reason. If the AFL are going to town on the GWS team. It shows how hypocritical they are as Geelong should have been fined many times over the years for many of the same antics.

Dillon and Kane are about as useful to the AFL, as Donald Trump at a pro womens rights conference.

The penalties are over the top for sure.

But then immediately saying that a person complaining about something they found offensive deserves JAIL TIME is just nuts. Not seeing the hypocrisy at all.

Fair point. But I do still fall back on the argument that comedy show or night is different to working at the pub

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back