Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

The penalties are over the top for sure.

But then immediately saying that a person complaining about something they found offensive deserves JAIL TIME is just nuts. Not seeing the hypocrisy at all.
The complainer has impacted these players financially and threatened their career - causing potential psychological damage. The type of financial and psychological damage that witnessing an untasteful joke cannot cause. In my mind, that action is the equivalent of assault - going out of your way to make the life of someone else worse just because you got offended is pretty ****ing disgusting behavior and shows someone so absent any moral fibre to their person.

Forcibly shoving your penis in someone's Mouth is still rape. Have some compassion for the Victims
You can have compassion for victims. However, it is crazy to think that they are owed any special treatment or compassion if they overhear a comment from a private conversation or get told about something (that wasn't about them) after the fact and get offended.

'...the players were found to have breached AFL rule 2.3a, which involves conduct unbecoming.

Josh Fahey has been banned for four matches while Jake Riccardi, Joe Fonti, Toby McMullin, Harvey Thomas and Cooper Hamilton have all been banned for two games.

Captain Toby Greene and other senior Giants players Sam Taylor, Connor Idun, Lachie Whitfield, Tom Green, Lachie Keefe and Harry Perryman have been fined $5000 each.

Whitfield and Idun were fined for their roles in a performing a skit, while the other senior Giants were penalised for not intervening as leaders of the club.

Last edited:
Lads in their 20s end of season doing dumb stuff should be perfectly fine if they are not breaking the law.

Making fools of themselves shouldnt be punishable.
But it's conduct unbecoming of the game.

Aka the AFL is hitting them because bad press or something like that.

The complainer has impacted these players financially and threatened their career - causing potential psychological damage. The type of financial and psychological damage that witnessing an untasteful joke cannot cause. In my mind, that action is the equivalent of assault - going out of your way to make the life of someone else worse just because you got offended is pretty ****ing disgusting behavior and shows someone so absent any moral fibre to their person.

FBI with a classic DARVO variant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillis, Normand, Carr, Kevin Burns for some. There are 100s funnier than Ari who is genuinely unfunny but is Joe's mate (also unfunny)
Ari's skit about offering Boat Trips back to Africa was pretty funny.
I don't watch much Comedians at all, but I'll respect any joke I laugh at, even if I loath that Comedian

FBI with a classic DARVO variant
I mean.... the staff member has gone through cctv footage and watched the footage of their private event then reported what they've seen, that is questionable conduct for mine.

Like what is the thought process there if not because you've got an axe to grind?

I mean.... the staff member has gone through cctv footage and watched the footage of their private event then reported what they've seen, that is questionable conduct for mine.

Like what is the thought process there if not because you've got an axe to grind?

How do you know what a player/s may have said or done to this staff member?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back