Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what happens at cinemas.
Some really disgusting movies out there. I assume staff get the choice to not work, I wouldn’t have a clue.
Movies are classified before they are screened, so it would be pretty easy to look that up and raise any issues with a manager.

They were being satirical is the word you are looking for my precious snowflake
I know you think you're smart because you used the word 'satirical' but the way you used it indicates you have no idea what it actually means

This is wild but good to see the bar has been outed

My point remains.

Why can't the players have a rollicking good day without having to resort to this type of questionable behaviour?

Toby green was given that to read, otherwise the day after he would have come out and said it. You are living in a fantasy world mate. This will continue yo happen. Never ever will it stop. It will now go underground mad Monday.
I am not saying I think it’s right I am just saying it happens and it’s harmless fun as they intended it to be.
Saying its 'harmless' doesn't make it so.

Legality doesn't necessarily determine the amount of damage something causes to society. Gambling is one example, alcohol is another.

I agree with HairyO's point 100%. The AFL's selective morality is a poor look. And hypocritical.
All morality is selective, though. I get people's anger over gambling and largely agree with it, but I just don't see it's relevance here - the AFL isn't punishing these guys for having a punt, they're punishing them for re-enacting a sexual assault.

If he was t dressed up as Jarrod Hayne would it of been an issue?
Well obviously not. Context matters.

Feeling compelled to do that in front of others would still be weird behaviour regardless.

You dont see a little bit of hypocrisy with the AFL taking issue with players misbehaving while raking in billions of dollars from gambling addicts and having no issue with kids being bombarded with gambing ads?
So because the afl accept gambling revenue, they are precluded from having an opinion on anything else, right?

Yeah I think so anytime you are humping a sex doll in public i think calls your judgement into question but thats just me, some people might think thats ok

I agree its not something I would do but if I saw it happening and the lads around were all having a laugh I would just think that’s nice look at those young lads having a great time.

Going a bit too hard in the disco isn't very flattering but it's also not particularly offensive. On the other hand, simulating a sexual assault with a blow up doll is actually just a little bit offensive.

Do you see the difference?
Yeah, I see the difference.

One involves use of illicit drugs in an open nightclub (ie. a place open to adults from the public, not at a private event)

The other involves non-illicit, but distasteful activities at a private function.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All morality is selective, though. I get people's anger over gambling and largely agree with it, but I just don't see it's relevance here - the AFL isn't punishing these guys for having a punt, they're punishing them for re-enacting a sexual assault.
But that doesn't mean selective morality is exempt from being called out. And that's all that is being done in this case.

What makes the AFL's selective morality here worse is that the reason they don't take a stand on gambling is because it would cost them big money.

I agree that this particular point is taking the discussion into wider territory though - ie gambling is not directly related to the Giants players issue.

I agree its not something I would do but if I saw it happening and the lads around were all having a laugh I would just think that’s nice look at those young lads having a great time.
You should jump in and join them then instead of hanging around the fringes after all "the lads are having a great time"

Of course it’s weird behaviour, that’s what happens on those days.
Yeah but it's pretty shit gear even by those standards. I'm sure they could workshop something funnier if they really put their minds to it.

Favourite part of these type of stories is seeing the same handful of people comment incessantly, from dawn to dusk, about woke culture, virtue signalling...take your pick of buzz words spoken only online because you're damn sure they've never spoken to anyone irl about it.

That same handful of people are scared of rainbows and angry at cultural scarves.

Just FYI, after a detailed look at the incident I'm still not offended, horrified or shocked. Nothing illegal has taken place and stand by my initial response that this is not an AFL issue. Guarantee this happens at bucks parties and hens (often worse) every weekend. Probably at public venues. Next we will have players being suspended for cheating on their partners or visiting a strip club in Vegas

Yeah I think so anytime you are humping a sex doll in public i think calls your judgement into question but thats just me, some people might think thats ok
Wasn't in a public place.

I wonder if Josh Fahey did black-face for his skit.
Sorry if this has been covered haven't read whole thread,lòoked like 50 pages of outrage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back