Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the players own the venue?

Does the bartender answer to the players? Is he/she employed by the players?

No, the players are at THEIR place of work and have to follow THEIR works policies. Bartenders are responsible for RSA, they aren't just servants who should do what they are told.

so sue the pub. if i hire a private function room, i'm doing what i want within the law - bad taste or not.

the issue here is the bartender thought the skits were in bad taste and offensive. not GWS' problem.

Have you ever actually worked hospo? Workers are worth barely a pinch of shit in that business, they are treated as completely disposable, the whole Merivale scandal shows it.

AFAIK licensing laws in this case - if they are ever actually enforced - deal solely with serving already drunk patrons.
Yeah I have. Have you been to Sydney and seen their licensing laws. The toughest in the country. Have you dealt with 21st century staff? They’re not backward in letting you know they aren’t happy or they’re offended. Quite easy for the staff to have a whisper in the ear of the duty manager no matter the pay grade. And if they’re that morally outraged. There are plenty of other Bar jobs in a city the size of Sydney.

On what grounds? 😂

i agree it'd be a dogshit claim but read the post below. an employer has to provide a "safe" workplace.

Do the players own the venue?

Does the bartender answer to the players? Is he/she employed by the players?

No, the players are at THEIR place of work and have to follow THEIR works policies. Bartenders are responsible for RSA, they aren't just servants who should do what they are told.

so sue the pub. if i hire a private function room, i'm doing what i want within the law - bad taste or not.

the issue here is the bartender thought the skits were in bad taste and offensive. not GWS' problem.
That's not how function rooms work. There are still code of conduct for when you are on the premises.

i agree it'd be a dogshit claim but read the post below. an employer has to provide a "safe" workplace.
The post you quoted doesn't say anything about lawsuits. But yes, an employer does have to provide a "safe" workplace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that some distasteful skits result in fines and suspensions.

But a certain Richmond player can have a past full of robbery and assault and be fine to play, only to be charged with more robbery crimes while on the list, and still be able to play.

Not to mention a certain Pies player charged with sexual assault, who is also okay to keep playing.

The consistency of the AFL, people.
Leave Marlion alone mate.

you're being disingenuous. to put it in the same ballpark as covid deaths is insulting. if you cant comprehend that, then clearly you are the issue.
The word "epidemic" was right.

If one murder is more heinous than another, it doesn't mean the less bad murder wasn't murder.

Why anyone would feel the need to attack terminology which accurately reflects the current DV situation is interesting though.

GWS players getting fined/suspdended at a private function.

Greene dressed up as Raygun? So? Who the **** cares.

Meanwhile, Tyson Stengle getting blind drunk straight off the plane on the night of a game then going to hospital. To only play that week.

The inconsistency of AFL.
Stupid comparison!!!
Tyson Stengle has nothing to do with tisn and only hurt himself
FFS. Racist.
Why did you even think if Tyson?

That's not how function rooms work. There are still code of conduct for when you are on the premises.

this is what a normal pub t+c's look like.

pay the fee, don't be drunk or you'll be cut off, don't trash the joint and pay the fee if you want to bring your own cake.

not sure there's any duty not to subjectively offend the barstaff with jokes not directed at them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back