Mundy, how good is he really?

Remove this Banner Ad

lions_rock

Rookie
Jun 23, 2005
Other Teams
brisbane lions
hey all,
just want your opinions on mundys performance last week, or when ever?

IMO he was pretty good, but not as good as his nomination week, but hey who am i to nag?

Has been pretty good in all his games this year. Has composure under pressure. A long direct pin-point kick and looks to be our answer at the kick-ins.

At 189cm he's a good medium sized defender with a lot of talent. He seems to have progressed up the pecking order at fremantle by getting better forwards each week.

We are very happy with him and are glad to have signed him for 2 extra years before he debuted. His price would have increased since then.

Well the game where he really came to my attention was the game against Melbourne, where he had about 3 centre clearances in a row in the first quarter. So I'd definitely say that he could be used in the midfield. Whether thats the best spot for him or not, I guess time will tell.

its hard to say how good he is. He doing alright at the moment, but still needs to keep improving.
It is easy picking up kicks as a lose man in defence

It's not so much the amount of the ball that he gets, it's what he does with it when he has it, that is so impressive.

Even in his first game (Melbourne), his delivery into the forward 50 was as good as this team has had for a few years.

Played full-back in the U-18's, so he's not your typical one dimensional rebounder.

Shame he's not a very cm's taller. Nevertheless, looks like he can go on and be a 'great servant' type player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GeeCat said:
Played full-back in the U-18's, so he's not your typical one dimensional rebounder.

Shame he's not a very cm's taller. Nevertheless, looks like he can go on and be a 'great servant' type player.
He's grown 3 cm since being drafted so there is every chance that he could sneak in another 2 or so.

pav_is_god said:
He's grown 3 cm since being drafted so there is every chance that he could sneak in another 2 or so.

Nice.

Still, I see his future as a 3rd or 4th tall at the very most, if not in a James Clement type role.

Fairly big fan of this boy, having seen a fair bit of him whilst watching Kane Tenace and my boy Ryley Dunn play together in for the Bushrangers a few years back. He'll be quality.

The main problem i have with him atm is he doesn't protect his teammates well enough, and he has slacked off a tad in the toughness area. He's got a great kick on him though, and it works wonders when hes able to push up the ground and bomb it long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mundy, how good is he really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back