Current Murder of Luke Davies & Jesse Baird AFL Goal Umpire & ex Ch 10 Presenter * Stalker Cop Charged

Remove this Banner Ad

TIMELINE

Thursday 16 February:
Service revolver obtained for user pays event. Was stored at mother's as per regulations.

Sunday 19 February: User pays event.

Monday 20 February: The murders at Baird's Paddington rental.

Monday 19 February: Police have alleged gunshots were heard from a house in Paddington, Sydney in the morning. Four minutes after the first shots were fired there was a 000 call made from Jessie's phone around 9.45am, but it disconnected. Police said there was "no communication" during that call.

Monday evening: Police have alleged Lamarre-Condon hired a white Hiace van from Sydney Airport.

Tuesday 20 February: Police have alleged that partial admissions were made by Lamarre-Condon to an acquaintance of having been involved in the death of two individuals.

Service revolver was returned to Balmain & later transferred to original storage.

Wednesday 21 February: Bloodied clothing belonging to both victims and an $8000 watch were found in a skip bin in the southern Sydney suburb of Cronulla. Police launch a missing persons investigation and the homicide unit is notified

Later same Wednesday: Police have alleged Lamarre-Condon attended the Bungonia area with an acquaintance who police believed assisted him in purchasing an angle grinder and padlock from a local hardware store in that area, before driving to a rural property in Bungonia.

Police said the "small" angle grinder was used to sever a padlock from the gate of that particular rural property and then that padlock was replaced with a padlock purchased from the hardware store.

The acquaintance was left at the top of the property for 30 minutes. The accused disappeared for that period in the Hiace van, returning to pick up the acquaintance and then they returned to Sydney later that afternoon. Police said the acquaintance was assisting them in their inquiries, that she is not a suspect, and they believe she was an "innocent agent".

Wednesday 11pm: Police have said that evening, weights were purchased from a department store by the accused and it is believed that the accused returned to that rural property overnight and during that evening, having also acquired two torches from the acquaintance.

Thursday 22 February: Police have alleged they can place the accused leaving the Bungonia area again at 4.30am. "It would appear that the accused has remained in the city area, still in control of the white Hiace van, before attending a further acquaintance's premises in the Newcastle area and without fully disclosing any criminality, asked access to a hose to clean that van," Hudson said.

Friday 23 February: At 10.39am, Lamarre-Condon presents himself at Bondi Police Station where he was arrested and subsequently charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t it be better to maintain the tradition in a gesture of solidarity? 🙂
The police are badly affected too.
It's a parade for the LGBTQI community. Not a police parade. It's a decision for the LGBTQI community.

Not sure why people who aren't a part of either community feel they need to pass judgement either way.

The fact is members of the LGBTQI community who are also police officers are still able to march.

For those wanting to know a bit about Jesse's housemates, it appears there were at least 2 female ones.

Possibly only these 2, assuming that they each had their own bedroom and no other rooms were being used as bedrooms.

'Beau Lamarre-Condon: Former colleague called police after Newcastle visit

February 29, 2024 - 3:07PM

'Mr Baird’s two female housemates are believed to have slept in the house without knowing their friend and his partner lay dead outside.''

The police aspect has always been contentious, but it should be noted that the parade goes for a couple of hours, and organisations do get rejected due to the sheer number of floats. This was at its peak of contention when the NSW teachers union were rejected, despite being a supporter of Mardi Gras since 1978, and it was noted that more recent attendees such as the police or the multitude of corporate floats are never knocked back, despite being much more recent and, some would say, fair weather allies.

With the police, not only did this murder occur and the tone deaf “putting your foot in it” comments from their spokespeople, it also coincided with a response to the report on an investigation into prior policing of hate crimes that was met with some derision. I think the savvy thing for the police to have done would have been to offer sitting this one out, not have a whinge when the decision was made for them (also noting there would be no stopping police officers involved in the various community groups from marching with them, who are what most think the parade should be about).

Yes but thats all about optics and have nothing to do with the actual facts of the situation.

Are they trying to make him plead guilty so there is no trial?
Absolutely IMO.

I would be gobsmacked if it went to trial.

The only reason I could see it going to trial, would be if the accused wanted to vindictively attempt to further damage the reputation of NSW Police.

There is no way he is getting 10-16 for a premeditated double murder.
He gets life with a 25-30 minimum if he pleads guilty.
It’s not a premeditated double murder, the second seems to be manslaughter (wrong place wrong time etc). Hoping I’m wrong and I would expect the judge would know the public would be ropable to let LC off too easily. So hoping they slap some extra charges on him.

He's getting longer than 10 years for premeditated murder & murder of a second person.
You’ve argued with me all day the second killing was unintended, that means it was manslaughter. Not murder. Murder = premeditated.

Hence LC is looking at one murder charge and one manslaughter. Hopefully there are extra charges thrown on him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve argued with me all day the second killing was unintended, that means it was manslaughter. Not murder.

Hence LC is looking at one murder charge and one manslaughter. Hopefully there are extra charges thrown on him though.
Chill out buddy. It's a public forum where people are just expressing their own opinions.

The murder of Jesse has been described as premeditated by the police and that's what they've said they will be claiming.

No one thinks he's only getting 10 years for killing 2 people.

How long is manslaughter sentence in Australia?

25 years imprisonment
The maximum penalty for murder is life imprisonment and the maximum penalty for manslaughter is 25 years imprisonment. New South Wales does not have a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment for murder; however, the standard non-parole period is 20 years. 22 May 2023

Last edited:
It’s not a premeditated double murder, the second seems to be manslaughter (wrong place wrong time etc). Hoping I’m wrong and I would expect the judge would know the public would be ropable to let LC off too easily. So hoping they slap some extra charges on him.

Premeditated murder for one and murder for the other, not manslaughter. All that needs to be proved is the intent or a reckless indifference.

It's a double murder.

Premeditated murder for one and murder for the other, not manslaughter. All that needs to be proved is the intent or a reckless indifference.

It's a double murder.
What if the accused claims that he tried to shoot Jesse only, and Luke died when he got in the way of the first shot at Jesse.

Would that still be classed as murder?

Chill out buddy. It's a public forum where people are just expressing their own opinions.

The murder of Jesse has been described as premeditated by the police and that's what they've said they will be claiming.

No one thinks he's only getting 10 years for killing 2 people.

How long is manslaughter sentence in Australia?

25 years imprisonment
The maximum penalty for murder is life imprisonment and the maximum penalty for manslaughter is 25 years imprisonment. New South Wales does not have a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment for murder; however, the standard non-parole period is 20 years. 22 May 2023
You’ve just reiterated my point. NSW does NOT have a mandatory minimum period. My friend’s step father who committed one murder and one manslaughter got out after 12 years with parole.

Being in the legal industry I’ve also seen people walk away with 6 months for a manslaughter charge.

You’ve just reiterated my point. NSW does NOT have a mandatory minimum period. My friend’s step father who committed one murder and one manslaughter got out after 12 years with parole.

Being in the legal industry I’ve also seen people walk away with 6 months for a manslaughter charge.
Whatever bud.

He's not getting 10 years for killing 2 people. One of which was premeditated. And he's not getting any minimum sentence.

Jesse's murder was premeditated because he bought the first surf bag 2 days prior to the murders. That's what the police are claiming. Not me. He bought the 2nd bag after the murders. They've released the footage of him buying each one on different days.

Go 'argue' with someone else. I'm not the only one on here who disagrees with you.

Last edited:
What if the accused claims that he tried to shoot Jesse only, and Luke died when he got in the way of the first shot at Jesse.

Would that still be classed as murder?

It's still murder if you kill someone else in the attempt to commit another serious indictable offence (or the commission of), which would be the murder of Jesse.

It's a double murder.
This is a NSW definition of manslaughter below. It isn’t double murder, I can assure you. An element to constitute murder is premeditation (planning) and that’s clearly been disproved by the surfboard bag being bought after the fact. And unfortunately manslaughter has all these defences to it too.

A fatal assault committed in any other circumstances is manslaughter. However an act that is not malicious or for which there is a lawful excuse, does not constitute manslaughter.

Under the common law, a person must have been grossly negligent in order to be found guilty of manslaughter. A manslaughter charge can be defended by arguing that the accused was not grossly negligent, did not do the alleged acts, or by arguing that the accused was acting in self-defence or under duress.

Section 18 of NSW Crimes Act defines both:

18 Murder and manslaughter defined​

(1)
(a) Murder shall be taken to have been committed where the act of the accused, or thing by him or her omitted to be done, causing the death charged, was done or omitted with reckless indifference to human life, or with intent to kill or inflict grievous bodily harm upon some person, or done in an attempt to commit, or during or immediately after the commission, by the accused, or some accomplice with him or her, of a crime punishable by imprisonment for life or for 25 years.
(b) Every other punishable homicide shall be taken to be manslaughter.
(2)
(a) No act or omission which was not malicious, or for which the accused had lawful cause or excuse, shall be within this section.
(b) No punishment or forfeiture shall be incurred by any person who kills another by misfortune only.

In case law, murder has three elements:
1. Intention - mental act/mens rea = foresight of the probable result of your actions (ie planning)
2. Harm done
3. Kills as a result

Last edited:
It's still murder if you kill someone else in the attempt to commit another serious indictable offence (or the commission of), which would be the murder of Jesse.
I want LC to get put away for as much time as possible, but it’s clearly been established through media and police reports Luke’s killing was an act of manslaughter.

Whatever bud.

He's not getting 10 years for killing 2 people. One of which was premeditated. And he's not getting any minimum sentence.

Jesse's murder was premeditated because he bought the first surf bag 2 days prior to the murders. That's what the police are claiming. Not me. He bought the 2nd bag after the murders. They've released the footage of him buying each one on different days.

Go 'argue' with someone else. I'm not the only one on here who disagrees with you.
If the Police don't want it going to trial, it'll be interesting to see what deal gets offered. Would a parole period be a carrot they might use? There have to find the perfect balance between the community not being in uproar, but also making it more appealing for him to plead guilty without a trial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Murder of Luke Davies & Jesse Baird AFL Goal Umpire & ex Ch 10 Presenter * Stalker Cop Charged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back