Injury Murray ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Devastating news about Murray, especially with how much he's improved this year and was one of our best on the weekend.

Before we get to excited let's have a look at Irishman Mark Keane at AFL level in the remaining weeks, surely out guys saw something in him to chase him all the way from Ireland...a full AFL preseason not playing catch up fitness wise you would think would work wonders for him.
Spot on. Keane arrived in February after taking an AFL gap year. Some posters were calling for him to be promoted in early April. He has taken longer to get up to speed than I had hoped but I still think he can develop into an AFL defender.

I am less bullish re Borlase but I will be delighted to be proven wrong. He has improved a great deal since the start of 2021.

Murray’s athleticism was one of his strengths, hopefully the lad can come back similar.
Very powerful and athletic

Only slight concern is that position he plays required alot of turning back to goals at speed

But ACL rehab programs are much more advanced than they used to be and Muz is sort of guy to come back better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very powerful and athletic

Only slight concern is that position he plays required alot of turning back to goals at speed

But ACL rehab programs are much more advanced than they used to be and Muz is sort of guy to come back better
He’s also 100kgs.
Let’s hope like hell he comes back just as good.
So cruel being cut down coming into your prime.

I wouldn't do any knee jerk trading unless it's free or very cheap.

I like the idea of getting Himmelberg some more defensive games in the Sanfl and bringing Keane in for a go.

That gives us Butts, Worrell and Keane as our tall KPDs for 12 months. Worrell can play smaller if needed. Hinge is a very handy 1v1 defender against all types of needed then we also have Michalaney with versatility.

In case of emergency we then have Borlase and potentially Himmelberg.

Get Keane some games is the next step imo.

Awful to see this. I was just watching some of the Crows v Dees match and thinking how well Murray is moving and how much he seemed to have improved. Key defence is possibly your weakest area as well so he really wasn't a player you wanted to be losing. Hopefully he recovers well, and the Crows find a viable alternative. I have enjoyed the Crows list build and game style.

He’s also 100kgs.
Lever has had two acl's and he plays like he hasn't had one. Murray should come back better and often that knee is stronger post acl.

He’s also 100kgs.
Some ACL's are worse than others.

CEY from memory did his in a fairly inoccuous looking incident and played out the game. He didn't look any different after his 12 months out.

Guys like Modra, Tex and Otten crumpled in a heap when they did theirs, and never moved the same again.

I wouldn't do any knee jerk trading unless it's free or very cheap.

I like the idea of getting Himmelberg some more defensive games in the Sanfl and bringing Keane in for a go.

That gives us Butts, Worrell and Keane as our tall KPDs for 12 months. Worrell can play smaller if needed. Hinge is a very handy 1v1 defender against all types of needed then we also have Michalaney with versatility.

In case of emergency we then have Borlase and potentially Himmelberg.

Get Keane some games is the next step imo.
I’d prob list a key back from another club that’s looking for more opportunities either as a delisted FA or late pick we wouldn’t use anyway

But also hope that Keane can do job

Out of Borlase and Keane who is more similar to Murray? Surely it's likely to be Keane, as I see Borlase more of a Butts type.
Borlase is a less athletic version of Murray. Can play either end due his strong marking ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back