Injury Murray ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone else noticed that this is now the second time this season we've had guys do knees and then proceeded to give them fitness tests on the side? Doedee was doing run throughs and Murray was doing a hopping test, like seriously what's going on there? Feels like every other team's doctors almost immediately diagnose an ACL. I actually joked during the game that it was a bad sign that they were giving Murray that hopping test...

Also, a question for SANFL watchers: how have Borlase and Keane been tracking? I know Borlase was reportedly somewhat close to selection the other week but haven't heard a ton about Keane. Could we maybe have another look at Himmelberg down there?
Over thinking it

Murray wasn’t even in pain and even today thought he’d play this week

Also in both cases the doc picked up the knee was unstable and straight to scans , if you’ve done your acl you’ve done it so doing some run through and tests on sideline isn’t going to cause further damage

In both cases players weren’t out back in even though they were keen , especially Murray

logic would say that
There are a couple of key defenders who will be in our talent order early

For their talent … not because of Murray’s ACL

Dan Curtin from WA would be up there but he’s also someone who got 27 possessions and best on ground playing midfield against vic metro

A very nice player with versatility at 195cm+ , be like having a taller Dawson ( credit to danger in Texas for this player comparison which is spot on )

We might as well experiment with the backline with the games we have left.

Let's see all of Keane, Borlase, Dragon and someone mentioned Gollant, hell why not?

Could Gollant be that high flying intercept defender type? If nothing else it could add a good second string to the bows of Gollant and Dragon.

The season is over, if we aren't going to experiment now, then when do we do it?

Dan Curtin from WA would be up there but he’s also someone who got 27 possessions and best on ground playing midfield against vic metro

A very nice player with versatility at 195cm+ , be like having a taller Dawson ( credit to danger in Texas for this player comparison which is spot on )
West coast are all over him though being a WA lad especially if they trade out pick 1

He has been more than serviceable when he has played. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise? Kept out of the side by Darcy Moore is nothing to be ashamed of
There’s more than 1 key defender in each side

He’s been average at best , no real difference to rest of his career

Bit of a stop gap fill in for them

We might as well experiment with the backline with the we have left.

Let's see all of Keane, Borlase, Dragon and someone mentioned Gollant, hell why not?

Could Gollant be that high flying intercept defender type? If nothing else it could add a good second string to the bows of Gollant and Dragon.

The season is over, if we aren't going to experiment now, then when do we do it?
I’d be happy with trying Keane and Borlaise

Gollant deserves another shot forward

He has been more than serviceable when he has played. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise? Kept out of the side by Darcy Moore is nothing to be ashamed of
He’s been about the same as he was for us. If only we pulled the trigger on other middle of the road players as soon.

Left field suggestion: I'd take Joel Hamling from Fremantle on a one year deal. He's out of contract.

There's no need to spend any significant trade or draft currency to cover a one year injury. Hamling isn't great, would come for essentially nothing, and has no longevity. He's the perfect guy to bring in, even as depth cover

Left field suggestion: I'd take Joel Hamling from Fremantle on a one year deal. He's out of contract.

There's no need to spend any significant trade or draft currency to cover a one year injury. Hamling isn't great, would come for essentially nothing, and has no longevity. He's the perfect guy to bring in, even as depth cover
Now there’s a name you haven’t heard of for about 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer Will Gould.

I’m okay with it as long as we’re drafting them because we think they’re the best talent, not because we need to fill a hole.

Well this sucks. He has had such a great year and has improved massively. To do it so late in the year means next year is just about a write off, by the time he comes back in will take a while to get back to his best.

We need to look for another key defender this off season now to fill that gap. If we can get someone half decent who can do the role, they may be able to take over from Butts when Murray is back to full capacity.

One I hope they’re looking at re his form

What's Kyle Hartigan up to?

Last edited:
Terrible news. Let's see if Brennan Cox wants to come home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back