Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

A denial? what the. . . .?

I don't know Luan personally, I've only ever played against him once. But seriously what kind of Wayne Kerr. . . I mean a Wayne Carey. . . .Oh hell, what a knob would back door a team mate!!(although it does seem to be happening more often) I don't care how good you think you are. Nothing justifies that sort of conduct!!! I'd never want someone like that to "join" my team. I just wouldn't be able to trust him. Does anyone else share my opinion??? or am i being too politically correct???

I have to agree with you, but i guess every one deserves a second chance

Monday, 7th January 2008
Family ties lure Whyman home

Tim Doutre
Riverine Herald

Former Kangaroo Djaran Whyman has turned his back on East Perth to join Murray Football League club Moama.
After signing with the West Australian Football League club in October, Whyman admitted he had been wooed back to his hometown.
The Echuca-born Whyman has cited his family as a driving force behind the decision.
``I went over to Perth and it just wasn't for me,'' Whyman said.
``I went over for a bit and got the feel for the footy. I did a few sessions with them (the Royals), but family plays a big part in my life and it (Perth) was just too far away.''
Whyman was keen to end any conjecture about his football future, stating the move to Moama was a done deal.
``This is the final decision,'' he said.
``In the end I am happy to be back in town. I was always going to come back to Echuca-Moama.
``I've been back for a few weeks now. I spent Christmas and New Year's here.''
The 24-year-old had previously expressed a desire to return home after his delisting from the Kangaroos and said when his decision to return to the area had been made, Moama was one of the first clubs that had come to mind.
``Right from the start when I first made contact with Mark (Coe, Moama's recruitment officer), they were really good about it,'' Whyman said.
``And when I went to Perth, they were the only club to stay in contact and wish me luck.
``I was always going to come back to this area and obviously I have come back a lot sooner than I thought, but I thought Moama would be the go.''
Last season, Moama finished second-last, winning two from 18 games.
Magpies coach Shannon Keam, who took over from coach Chris Waterson in October, was pleased with the signing of Whyman.
``He's a good bloke, and obviously to come out of the AFL he is going to be a pretty handy acquisition for the footy club,'' Keam said. ``He is going to be good not only for our club but for the league.''
Will be very interested to see how he goes! A lot of new players, especially those from a higher standard, have the tendency to come into the comp and think that they will be able to stroll around and get the ball at will. Big grounds (which will suit if he maintains his fitness) and some good old ruff and tumble, with no cameras on you, certainly sorts out the boys from the men!! Hope AFL footy hasn't made him too soft!!!! Just ask Stevo (Michael Stevens) about how is first year of MFL footy went! Good luck to him but he better bringing his playing boots with him!

any news on a couple of ex seymour boys who played for barroga 2007. are the hanging around and how did they perform. r.e. gerard liddel and pat rattray
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! No the Seymour connection will no longer be with us. Gerard had an interupted season, sustaining an ankle injury about RD 8-9. Played a handful of good games against the weaker sides and had the tendency to try and do a bit too much, especially around goal. Loves a goal!!! Started playing some good footy towards and during the finals. As for Pat, I really don't know how he managed to play in a GVFL premiership team. His work ethic was terrible, especially when he got injured and trying to get himself right again. Extremely disappointed with what we got. Win some, lose some. Must admit that through this connection Matt Collins came on board and added another dimension to the forward line so all was not lost. Good luck to them all with their footy for 08 and beyond.:thumbsu:

There are some good players that have been at the club the last few years and still remain there. the thing is they never had the support and their hard work would be let down by the below average players turnovers/mistakes etc. Now that there have been a good number around 10 senior players recruited or simply joined the club along with your best 10 or so from the year before, plus some new young kids. I suppose we will have to wait and see come playing time.....
Who would you regard as these good players?:confused:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! No the Seymour connection will no longer be with us. Gerard had an interupted season, sustaining an ankle injury about RD 8-9. Played a handful of good games against the weaker sides and had the tendency to try and do a bit too much, especially around goal. Loves a goal!!! Started playing some good footy towards and during the finals. As for Pat, I really don't know how he managed to play in a GVFL premiership team. His work ethic was terrible, especially when he got injured and trying to get himself right again. Extremely disappointed with what we got. Win some, lose some. Must admit that through this connection Matt Collins came on board and added another dimension to the forward line so all was not lost. Good luck to them all with their footy for 08 and beyond.:thumbsu:
very accurate assumption big hawk.. gerard was only a fringe player those two premeirships he played coming of the bench most of time and as for patty, he would probably need to grow up and have a bit of respect for the people around him

Who would you regard as these good players?:confused:

Maso, Lukey eldridge, pumps, chickas, shannon keam, john harley, djaran whyman, the sunbury boys etc....
look I'm not sayin they will have a superstar team, but i know they wont have the "weak links" that they have had the last 2 years.. and that is what it will come down to. Moama will have a senior team that is strong and full of "SENIOR LEVEL" footballers which i dont believe they have had lately. There will be some experience and good young ones running around. I believe they will do well this year.

A denial? what the. . . .?

I don't know Luan personally, I've only ever played against him once. But seriously what kind of Wayne Kerr. . . I mean a Wayne Carey. . . .Oh hell, what a knob would back door a team mate!!(although it does seem to be happening more often) I don't care how good you think you are. Nothing justifies that sort of conduct!!! I'd never want someone like that to "join" my team. I just wouldn't be able to trust him. Does anyone else share my opinion??? or am i being too politically correct???

I'm not here to judge his character , all I'm saying is no one gets hung without a trail . Once proven I most definetly agree but until I here some names and some confimation he's a free lad . All I can cofirm is that he has signed with Eagle for the year . spoke to hewy yesterday and this is what he had for me " (Hueston)spoke to Luan and he said it's not true , he just wants to know where it (the rumour) came from because he's a bit annoyed". Oh and that training starts on the 14th. time will tell i guess .

Looks like a couple of boys from rumba have switched to moama this year... i'm sure there will be some head huntin when the two teams meet.

Looks like a couple of boys from rumba have switched to moama this year... i'm sure there will be some head huntin when the two teams meet.

I think you'll find one of the two is Clayton Mitchell, who is a good kid and not likely to be headhunted , well more than anyone else . also fairly closely related to Lovett-murray might just have a bit of football pedegree mixed in there . What I want to know is who isn't getting on the moama bandwagon? And once there will they turn into jerks like the rest of them ;)?

I think you'll find one of the two is Clayton Mitchell, who is a good kid and not likely to be headhunted , well more than anyone else . also fairly closely related to Lovett-murray might just have a bit of football pedegree mixed in there . What I want to know is who isn't getting on the moama bandwagon? And once there will they turn into jerks like the rest of them ;)?

Yeh Clayton mitchell and tomy higgins.. great blokes... Moama will be an awesome club to play for and they are an awesome bunch of blokes aswell. you obviously dont know any of the blokes at the club so you should shut your mouth...

Yeh Clayton mitchell and tomy higgins.. great blokes... Moama will be an awesome club to play for and they are an awesome bunch of blokes aswell. you obviously dont know any of the blokes at the club so you should shut your mouth...

Absolutly love tommy higgins. If fit he's an absolute freak. For his sake i hope he runs a muck

come in spinner!:D:D:D and did I not say that clayto was a good kid ? cool ya heals a bit buddy , learn to take a joke !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always rated Tommy Higgins :thumbsu: Moama have done well to snag him IMO, even more so if they can get him fit. If r u out there Morgs is it purely a coin thing or did he have a falling out at the club?

Always rated Tommy Higgins :thumbsu: Moama have done well to snag him IMO, even more so if they can get him fit. If r u out there Morgs is it purely a coin thing or did he have a falling out at the club?

No there was no falling out concerning T.H or C.M. and the club or it's players at all. I haven't spoken to either of them since last year so I can only speculate. But I dare say signing Whyman over there would have been a huge factor. I think we (rumba) picked up both players from moama, going years back now, so there already a conection there. should be good fun lining up against them for a change. . . .But Moama still won't make the finals!

No there was no falling out concerning T.H or C.M. and the club or it's players at all. I haven't spoken to either of them since last year so I can only speculate. But I dare say signing Whyman over there would have been a huge factor. I think we (rumba) picked up both players from moama, going years back now, so there already a conection there. should be good fun lining up against them for a change. . . .But Moama still won't make the finals!

Both the boys live in the area aswell and both blayed there at some stage of there juniors...also the fact that they are playing with djaran might help. so i'm not that sure if money was the factor. as for moama not making the finals......i'd put my left nut on them making the top 5

Any news on the way Echuca united are shaping up?? Heard of alot of departures and besides Hueston no good pickups?!! anyone know if the coach has brought across any of his GVFL connections? if not they wont be very competative this year i would think

Both the boys live in the area aswell and both blayed there at some stage of there juniors...also the fact that they are playing with djaran might help. so i'm not that sure if money was the factor. as for moama not making the finals......i'd put my left nut on them making the top 5

Left Nut Kards! Your alot gamer then i myself
. I'm curious now as how you'll think the top 6 will pan out late next year? Obviously Nathalia will be the Yard Stick with no reports of departure but who do you see fighting it out with them??

Left Nut Kards! Your alot gamer then i myself
. I'm curious now as how you'll think the top 6 will pan out late next year? Obviously Nathalia will be the Yard Stick with no reports of departure but who do you see fighting it out with them??

Its very early times and i dont have a whole lot of knowledge about all the clubs...just from what i have read on thi site and last years results...
here goes my top 6... not in order....

Nathalia
Barooga
Moama
Deniliquin
Rumbalara
Congupna

what you think???? i would think Nathalia and barooga would be the two leaders and then the next 5 or 6 should have a good battle

I don't think Barooga will be super strong but will be top 5.
Mulwala have lost a car load to some little town out bush with Jason Sanderson as assistant coach I think Nathalia may also come back to the pack a bit. Deniliquin are also rumoured to be spending up big and have a lot of guys returning. As for United I think they will definetely figure come September a lot of quality players have returned with leg speed and what have been lacking there goal kicking ability.

Yer there was no falling out Djars just told them he will get them more more money to play at Moama then Rumba, which they will.

Clayton won't be missed never really played much senior footy at Rumba tends to go missing for a while during the season.

Tommy does the i'm leaving to go to Mathoura/ Moama routine for more money each year, it was Mathoura last year, I guess it's Moama's turn this year.

If fit and committed Moama get two good pick ups, if not no loss to us. Two of the most fustrating footballers going.

Yer there was no falling out Djars just told them he will get them more more money to play at Moama then Rumba, which they will.

Clayton won't be missed never really played much senior footy at Rumba tends to go missing for a while during the season.

Tommy does the i'm leaving to go to Mathoura/ Moama routine for more money each year, it was Mathoura last year, I guess it's Moama's turn this year.

If fit and committed Moama get two good pick ups, if not no loss to us. Two of the most fustrating footballers going.

Couldn't have said it better myself morgs. But when tommy fires, fit or not, he's capable of turning a game.
As for the ladder, I think the surprise packet of the season will be Toc. With Mellinton and a couple of the other Shepp Bears boys, i thnk they'll bring it in a big way. Congupna might find it harder this year, as will Barooga with Byers actually playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back