Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Derek trained well at Rumba tonight on the back of Phil Guthrie announcing he is having a break from Footy could be short term, could be for ever was what he said.

Repurt Betherus made a surprise appearance at training and is inline to play on the weekend, along with Derek's younger brother.

And welcome back Clayton we missed ya mate, I knew you wouldn't leave us.

Hey Morgs I could do with another tall forward, any chance you could send thru Phil's number ;) Just kidding, has been a bloody handy footballer over the years and seemed a true gentleman to go with it, let's hope he aint lost to footy forever :thumbsu:

Derek trained well at Rumba tonight on the back of Phil Guthrie announcing he is having a break from Footy could be short term, could be for ever was what he said.

Repurt Betherus made a surprise appearance at training and is inline to play on the weekend, along with Derek's younger brother and Corey Wanganeen a big chance to play his first game in Rumba colors with the VFL reserves not starting until next week.

And welcome back Clayton we missed ya mate, I knew you wouldn't leave us.

i dont know if im the only one who thinks this but dont you think thats a bit rude to be possibly giving someone who has trained at the club once or twice a game first up, over someone who may have trained hard all pre-season??

i dont know if im the only one who thinks this but dont you think thats a bit rude to be possibly giving someone who has trained at the club once or twice a game first up, over someone who may have trained hard all pre-season??
rupert has done the pre season with collingwood vfl this year, lives in melbourne and the coaching staff/players/club knew this from the outset.

oh thats good then. is he in good shape? was a bit round in the past couple of years.

looked fit to me. We only had a short session last night to freshen up for the weekend after a pretty full on pre season (game plan zones set ups etc) and Rupert was looking for more after moving nicely through the night. Had a kick for half an hour after training with a couple of the thirds boys.

looked fit to me. We only had a short session last night to freshen up for the weekend after a pretty full on pre season (game plan zones set ups etc) and Rupert was looking for more after moving nicely through the night. Had a kick for half an hour after training with a couple of the thirds boys.
sounds good morgs:thumbsu:

Chris Kia Kennedy has signed with Yarrawonga, what a kick in the guts to Mulwala. Ha Ha Ha Ha. reported in todays Shepp News
that is a massive get for yarrawonga. along with john lucas, ben james, youngsters thomas wilson & dylan flanagan, daniel leary, joel thomas, cameron sanders and glynn ford. will mulwala have anything left at all?

guess those new $2million facilities are gonna be gathering cobwebs this season.

mul have 7 players coming into the club, only 2 of which are senior players. the rest are juniors.

also, things aren't looking too crash hot for congupna. out of 17 players being cleared into the club, 14 are kids who will play juniors. the other 4 are stan koullas from shep united, heath platfuss of picola united and nathan lewis of ardmona. 21 players look to be exiting the club.

anyone from the road willing to comment?

Rumbalara Senior Side for this weekend:

From: Josh Wanganeen, Sam Schubert, Corey Wanganeen, Rupert Betherus, Ronny Dunbar, Des Morgan, Rex Taylor, Josh Atkinson, Mark (Walla) Briggs, Alan Murray, Jamie Atkinson, Tommy Higgins, Derek Murray, Dallas Terlich, John Jackson, Dylan Kerr, Graham Weston, Ricky Watkins, Travis Morgan, Shane Morgan, Darren Turner, Johnno Henderson, Aaron Taylor, Jason Atkinson, Clinton Edwards, Leithen Briggs, Michael Chisholm.

Rumbalara Senior Side for this weekend:

From: Josh Wanganeen, Sam Schubert, Corey Wanganeen, Rupert Betherus, Ronny Dunbar, Des Morgan, Rex Taylor, Josh Atkinson, Mark (Walla) Briggs, Alan Murray, Jamie Atkinson, Tommy Higgins, Derek Murray, Dallas Terlich, John Jackson, Dylan Kerr, Graham Weston, Ricky Watkins, Travis Morgan, Shane Morgan, Darren Turner, Johnno Henderson, Aaron Taylor, Jason Atkinson, Clinton Edwards, Leithen Briggs, Michael Chisholm.

Not bad :thumbsu: is the old #24 Liners still having a run?

Not bad :thumbsu: is the old #24 Liners still having a run?

Was around in the pre season. Not sure what's happened to him lately.
I think that old hammy might have given out again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was around in the pre season. Not sure what's happened to him lately.
I think that old hammy might have given out again.

ha ha from memory he always had drama's there, always used to come say gday and have a beer after the games seemed a really nice guy:thumbsu:

Interesting to see DT back at Rumba. How's his weight/fitness/attitude Morgs?

Corey "Chicken Bones" Wanganeen big plus for you blokes I reckon - really started to hit his straps last year with United, several bags of 6 goals. Will he see much action with the Bombers seniors?

Interesting to see DT back at Rumba. How's his weight/fitness/attitude Morgs?

Corey "Chicken Bones" Wanganeen big plus for you blokes I reckon - really started to hit his straps last year with United, several bags of 6 goals. Will he see much action with the Bombers seniors?

DT has been told he needs to play a couple of games in the two's before senior selection and has stayed on board. I don't know how many seconds games he's played but it wouldn't be many. Looks OK fitness wise hasn't missed training for a month now and when he hits seniors will give it a good go.

Yer Corey has been a great pick up for us and along with Rex will play about 6 or 7 games this year which will quilify them to play finals with us. It's up to Corey weather he plays senior footy at BB, is ahead of a few blokes there, I think he could play games later in the year.

I'm new to the thred,

i'm trying to chase up a name of a player from Finley. He is about 21 22, tall ruckman type. He now goes to uni in geelong.

Does this ring a bell and if so how does he go? I would give a name but it has slipped my memory.

Any help would be great.

I'm new to the thred,

i'm trying to chase up a name of a player from Finley. He is about 21 22, tall ruckman type. He now goes to uni in geelong.

Does this ring a bell and if so how does he go? I would give a name but it has slipped my memory.

Any help would be great.

Your not thinking of Tom Hawkins are to8199883 ? if so pal you might want to try the AFL tread . What sort of a name is t08199883 anyway ? It's like you headbutted the keyboard and thought that will do ;)

I'm new to the thred,

Any help would be great.

The only ones i can think of are Nick Braybourn, Chuck Braybourn and Jake Plattfuss not sure of there ages just there playing position.

I'm new to the thred,

Any help would be great.

Sam Nevins I would guess

ha ha from memory he always had drama's there, always used to come say gday and have a beer after the games seemed a really nice guy:thumbsu:

speaking of drama's , how about seymor's drama's "keeping your "grubby mits of there stock .how about you steal some nathalia players that would help , until someone who has the backing a club with poker machines and then they win a few flags and then another club will pop up and ruin a few lives and win a flag and make a couple of old blokes happy . I don't know where country footy is heading , do you doona ?

speaking of drama's , how about seymor's drama's "keeping your "grubby mits of there stock .how about you steal some nathalia players that would help , until someone who has the backing a club with poker machines and then they win a few flags and then another club will pop up and ruin a few lives and win a flag and make a couple of old blokes happy . I don't know where country footy is heading , do you doona ?

Geez smelv who spoke of drama's :confused: last time I checked Ive had only Seymour bloke train with us this summer (Chippa Douglas a couple of times) and he's heading back to Cairns in 2 weeks - Kyle Gemmill did a pre-season and praccy games and trained a bit with us last year, but there's too much travelling from Nathalia to Broadford to even try sorry :( Maybe buzz someone from cashed up joints like Elmore or Heathcote, they're the one's who might be able to assist in your request :D

Geez smelv who spoke of drama's :confused: last time I checked Ive had only Seymour bloke train with us this summer (Chippa Douglas a couple of times) and he's heading back to Cairns in 2 weeks - Kyle Gemmill did a pre-season and praccy games and trained a bit with us last year, but there's too much travelling from Nathalia to Broadford to even try sorry :( Maybe buzz someone from cashed up joints like Elmore or Heathcote, they're the one's who might be able to assist in your request :D

Just a wind up mate , was wondering if you ever broke from your diplomatic stance . it seems your an oak . yeah elmore would be bang up for it , i reckon . or even my former club in the murray league . but on a serious note doona , everyone I've spoken to is struggling to fill sides , drought related maybe , or is country footy in big trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back