Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

bigblackalsation said:
Rate him as good as any. How are Moama going on the recruiting front?

dont know about the 'rate him as good as any' comment.. is very big headed. Likes to think he's pretty good. And from what ive heard, Moama arnt goin to well?:confused: i think it will be a while before they are up there again.

hank1 said:
Believe Hickmont is getting $60-$70,000 for the year. Is Full-time and does have to do a fair bit of work other than coach the footy side. But does get a lot of perks including spending two days a week at the Lexus centre learning off the Collingwood coaching staff.
On Rumba Mercury Drive will be one of the smallest grounds in the Murray League so forget about that myth. But believe they will go alright most GV sides would be happy to have Guthrie and Hickmont holding down CHF and CHB, they've obviously got some talent there so if they can recruit a couple to gel around those two I'm sure they will be very competitive.

Spoke to Finley Coach and he is confident of some marked improvement out there, have got a few ex-players back and Sexton is going around again, still a gun.

As for Tonny, happy with the progress averagng 25 on the track since xmas, training 3 nights. Have a few committed but still in talks with 4 or 5 which obviously we cant hold too much hope there the longer the talks go there.

Didnt contact Bakers or Fonuas, there gone. Also lost Travvy, Geoff Connally and Matt Brannelly(Mooroopna) and Brendan White. (7 out)

Committed are Shannon Dixon, Brett Henderson(AC), Ash Nunn, Darrin Ohlsen.
Blokes training are Dylan Martin, Adam Courtney, Simon Harrison, Dave Hansford.
Then 4 or 5 that we are talking to but havent trained who are all key position. Would be happy if we got one of them.

Nathalia, Mulwala and Toc the teams to beat, Ech United biggest improvers.
So thats about a rap fellas
Hank is Henderson the tall bloke who was up at Deni a couple of years ago?
Must have some age on him now?

greynomad said:

yeah greynomad, he was up coaching deni rovers in the picola fl a couple of years back.. was my techer at school 3 years ago, played at lockington in the heathcote fl last year, teaches in kyabram now, was at my school the other day and id say he would be 6' 2'' maybe a bit taller, im 6' 3'' so id say he would be my height.. maybe 33 years old, possibly 34

greynomad said:

Yeah thats him 6'1" id say, 36yrs old i think. Doesnt look that on the track though, hasnt missed a beat at training and would be in the top3 in all fitness work.

hank1 said:
Yeah thats him 6'1" id say, 36yrs old i think. Doesnt look that on the track though, hasnt missed a beat at training and would be in the top3 in all fitness work.

It'll be good to follow someone in the Murray League... Go those "Golden Cows"

mitch_fc said:
my club plays Deni in a praccy game. who they got? good side?

Your side is Lower Plenty isn't it Mitch? Craig Parsons is an old Finley boy who could give you plenty of info about Deni.
Deni finished 4th this year after winning four consecutive flags and competing in the past six grand finals.

They have lost their best rover Andrew may but they have a lot of good players, especially through the midfield. Leigh Marshall is one to look out for, a blonde haired onballer who kicks goals.

Lower are in div 2 now so I reckon you might be in for a tough day, also the deni ground would be twice the size of Lowers.

journeyman said:
the deni ground would be twice the size of Lowers.

amen to that! iv played on that ground many times and its HUGE!

i like the sound of the big ground, and so will parso. yeah he's a finley boy, he's the 3rd most well known thing out of finley behind spiderbait and crawford.

Mitch,
I think you have forgotten a few other people. Jumping Jack Hawkins and one of the best goal kickers in country footy in the 90's Darren Jackson. In the 80's Finley had a great side. Since then have had some good players e.g Dale Weightman & Sexton but there depth was shocking. Hope they improve this year. How will Tonny go. My opinion - not well. If they recruit an old player like Henderson, also ex United coach until sacked, then they are in trouble. My prediction- 3 years in the Murray league and then back to KDL. Deni is always strong. Marshall is one of the best in country vic. Saw him win flags for Deni

There is no doubt that Henderson has some age on him, but he will still be handy.Saw him inn a couple of interleague games for Latrobe Valley in the 90's and he could play a bit. From what I can gather he can coach it just wasn't what United wanted at the time-was announced as Leetons coach of the decade. Finley have'nt had success since Don Moran from Castlemaine coached them in the early 90's. I hope they can be competitive in 06.Great to ee Sexto still playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

greynomad said:

whats news in the dvfl these days greynomad. are you still associated there or are you in a country league

hank1 said:
Sorry mate, but first time I've ever taken any interest in the Murray League so I'd have to say this is the first time I've ever tipped them as the big improvers!!

Would it be the first time you've taken an interest in the Murray League because it's the first time you've played in the league Hank1?

Maybe even the first time you've coached?
For a team that's participating in the Murray League for the first time?

Would explain how you know so much about Henderson's performance on the track......

Pace is an Asset said:
Would it be the first time you've taken an interest in the Murray League because it's the first time you've played in the league Hank1?

Maybe even the first time you've coached?
For a team that's participating in the Murray League for the first time?

Would explain how you know so much about Henderson's performance on the track......

Einstein!! Well done you must be the only one to figure that out even though Hank is my nickname and I have posted on another thread when someone asked me where I played that I was coaching Tongala. You're on the ball buddy.
To tell you the truth majority of people on here that have been posting for a while have known who I am for a long time. Thanks for blowing my cover!!

Hank,
Good luck in the Murray league. It is good to see a young coach having a go. I hope you do well but doubt it. Saw you Dad play and he was a very good player at a number of clubs. The tip in the Murray league is get your side super fit because so grounds are so bloody big. Also most sides have gun forwards and mid fielders. Few have good defenders. Buy a full forward. Saw Trevor Sutton at Deni kick 249 one year, 100 in round 7.

Sonny said:
Hank,
Good luck in the Murray league. It is good to see a young coach having a go. I hope you do well but doubt it. Saw you Dad play and he was a very good player at a number of clubs. The tip in the Murray league is get your side super fit because so grounds are so bloody big. Also most sides have gun forwards and mid fielders. Few have good defenders. Buy a full forward. Saw Trevor Sutton at Deni kick 249 one year, 100 in round 7.

Not required mate word has it Barry Nexhip is going to make a come back for the Blues in the DK26's and Tonny's forward line will work like clock work!!.

On The Money said:
Not required mate word has it Barry Nexhip is going to make a come back for the Blues in the DK26's and Tonny's forward line will work like clock work!!.
Barry Nexhip was a very good player for Tonny for a long time but always as a support player to the big guys. A good crumber but how old is he? Late 30's or 40!!! He is returning so Henderson doesn't feel old. In the Murray league all the good sides E.g Deni are young & quick. Don't receruit old & slow or they have few wins!!

On The Money said:

Ha Ha, yeah nice one. Nah Necko is well past it, heavily involved in the juniors these days.
Well we are right with the young blokes even with Henderson in the side average age would be 22-23. Something to work on for years to come.

nesko_25 said:
I'm not real sure but does freddy ryan play 4 ky?

Colbo last year, not sure this year. He plays A grade cricket for Ky.

hank1 said:
Colbo last year, not sure this year. He plays A grade cricket for Ky.

Will play the first 6 games to get to 100 games? and is then heading over seas for the remainder of the year.

Yes Lucky Star.

If only EJ could have played the way he spoke about playing, then the sky could've been the limit.

Harsh to say, but a clone of Milne in physique only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back