Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Sly Dog said:
You seem fairly realistic with predictions hank. surely there must be a few players that look like playing well in the murray league. the reid boys can play, some young guys look promising like humphries and yourself and henderson will be good players. anyone we dont know about going to jump up and grab our attention ( late gun recruit for example)

Both Reids will be very good, Humpo is looking good and will fill an onball role, as will Ash Nunn who is returning after a year off, Liam Brennan will be good in the ruck. If Brother plays he will cause some headaches for opposition sides, was in our best two Monday night. 3 or 4 16-18 yr olds that will come along this year, and will be better players for getting the opportunities they will have.

hank1 said:
Both Reids will be very good, Humpo is looking good and will fill an onball role, as will Ash Nunn who is returning after a year off, Liam Brennan will be good in the ruck. If Brother plays he will cause some headaches for opposition sides, was in our best two Monday night. 3 or 4 16-18 yr olds that will come along this year, and will be better players for getting the opportunities they will have.

Hank how old is Henderson.??

Also are u still having your weekly chats to the Rat over in Bendigo.?

Did anyone see Nathalia play Cobram on Wednesday night. I know Nathalia won but looking for a bit more info.
They will be strong again despite the loss of Ramsdale and Vallender. Drew Barnes is back after finishing 3rd in Bushrangers B&F and Jason Limbrick might be handy.

With nath and ash Gemmill and Parker up forward they will be hard to beat. Thoughts?

journeyman said:
Did anyone see Nathalia play Cobram on Wednesday night. I know Nathalia won but looking for a bit more info.
They will be strong again despite the loss of Ramsdale and Vallender. Drew Barnes is back after finishing 3rd in Bushrangers B&F and Jason Limbrick might be handy.

With nath and ash Gemmill and Parker up forward they will be hard to beat. Thoughts?

Haven't heard any info on Wednesday night, but agree that Nathalia will be hard to beat. The 2 Gemmill's and Parker would all have to be in the top 5 or so in the league, I'd reckon. Strongest opposition will likely come from Mulwala, and I reckon Echuca united will surprise a few if Guy Campbell has a big year and Hueston and McCarty can have injury-free seasons. What I like about the purps is that a majority of their better players are locals, whereas, particularly Echuca United, seem to have bought a lot of players. I think this will hold the purps in good stead, as locals want it (success) just that little bit more... That's what I reckon will give them an edge...

kanga fan man said:
number 1 for rumba rex taylor is 15 how did you think he went.

not bad, just got back from the indigenous tour of south africa. played well there, is talented but very small. i go to school with the kid and he's a cocky little bugger.. loves to have a brag

wheelbarrow said:
Hank how old is Henderson.??

Also are u still having your weekly chats to the Rat over in Bendigo.?

Henderson 36, is slim and fit though so should go well.
Not totally sure on who you are inferring to with the rat over in Bendigo, dont chat to anyone weekly in Bendigo but there are a couple who may fit the bill, so you'll have to give me a little more info on that one?

journeyman said:

Nath would definately play on ball wouldn't he? He's not that old yet to be thrown up fwd.

ilovetogetblind said:
Nath would definately play on ball wouldn't he? He's not that old yet to be thrown up fwd.

Sorry, wasn't clear. I meant with nathan and Ash in the side plus Parker up forward....

Nath is 28. He had 6 months overseas but is still (along with brother Marc) the fittest at the club. Freak

kanga fan man said:
U reckon rumba will finish top four i was there last nite, they had a few senior players out i reckon the will go better than bottom 4, need a few taller blokes though, number 1 for rumba rex taylor is 15 how did you think he went.

Rumba should hae won by more but just took the petal off a bit in last qtr.
hard to judge them on one game but not real convincing against finley who apparently had several players out.without guthrie the forward line looks abit light on

Yeah darren turner played in backline hickmont wanted to see how his workrate is , but he will be focal point at full forward.

Watched part of a practice match today between Deniliquin Rams and Albury Tigers. Not sure how strong the Tigers outfit was, but they gave the Rams a hiding.
The Rams had about six premiership players running around and a lot of kids. Resuggan looked good at centre half forward.

I reckon the last team in th Oven's & Murray would beat any top team in the Murray league. The oven's and Murray is a heaps better comp.

Gotheroos said:
I reckon the last team in th Oven's & Murray would beat any top team in the Murray league. The oven's and Murray is a heaps better comp.
think the purples side from last year would beat bottom coupleof teams over there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotheroos said:

Punter_22 said:
practice match, a lot of kids.

you have got to be joking Gotheroos.. i think you missed 2 very important keys in Punter_22's post. it was a "practice match" and there were "a lot of kids" playing for the rams. that is the whole point of a practice match. give the young kids a taste of senior footy and to practice strategies etc.. also i dont think a bottom team in O&M could beat a mulwala or nathalia outfit. i'd highly doubt it.

stumbled across an echuca united and laverton practice match on saturday. Only stayed for a couple of quarters but united looked good. I know its still early and both sides would've been missing a few but united was winning the majority of the footy. there was a few that stood out. Hueston looked the goods as to did s mc carty, campbell and a backman with blond hair. Campbell looked extremely good. was very immposing.

Hotdog Vendor said:
a backman with blond hair.

i do believe that would be young josh wanganeen. had a blonde stripe down the middle of his hair??

Willo, diid Tarrant play? Very interested to hear in his progress. Saw a photo of his yesterday and he looks pretty fit and has Dale Reyne signed, or is that a rumour?

Gotheroos said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Deni at their best at home would be tough for a lot of O and M teams. Not doubt its a strong league, but don't underestimate the Murray league. Mulwala beate Myrtleford in a practice match in 2001 and they went on to play in the O and M grand final.

Punter_22 said:
Willo, diid Tarrant play? Very interested to hear in his progress. Saw a photo of his yesterday and he looks pretty fit and has Dale Reyne signed, or is that a rumour?

no Pat Tarrant didnt play. Dale Reyne signed with united just after the new year. Both are fit and ready for the season.
both will probably play in the practice match this weekend vs Mernda at lockington

Good stuff Willo, I might have to pop out and have a look:thumbsu:

centreman said:
I wouldn't be so sure. Deni at their best at home would be tough for a lot of O and M teams. Not doubt its a strong league, but don't underestimate the Murray league. Mulwala beate Myrtleford in a practice match in 2001 and they went on to play in the O and M grand final.
Myrtleford had half there senior side out that game. I'm pretty sure that was when Peter Chisnall was coaching Mulwala.

Punter_22 said:
Good stuff Willo, I might have to pop out and have a look:thumbsu:

keep an eye out for a young backman with black hair, no. 2 :D

Heard that Finely has got 4 albury tigers boys travelling over to play. Brain, anglin and maybe Kouzter. Is it true and are they any good.

fish1 said:
Heard that Finely has got 4 albury tigers boys travelling over to play. Brain, anglin and maybe Kouzter. Is it true and are they any good.
Kouzter is a good player but I'm not to sure about other 2.

Gotheroos said:
Myrtleford had half there senior side out that game. I'm pretty sure that was when Peter Chisnall was coaching Mulwala.
How many clubs has that old Legend been at heard his son runs around somewhere in the country, his meant to go well rumour has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back