Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Wats goin on at Echuca United.??
I think leitchville gunbower have been talkn to more of ther players.
LG should be called Echuca United bcoz they have that many players from ther!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard Balrag Singh is signing at Barooga

No - Balrag contacted Barooga and spruiked himself to them DIDN'T YOU EH PRINCE? Asked for some good coin and said he'd bring some players. Barooga politely declined his kind offer.

Mellington knocked back Barooga's offer of some good coin, a definite chance at a premiership, and travelling up from Shep with a carload of mates. He's getting about $450- per game on top of Barooga's offer. However, he won't play in many winning teams and will get to travel up to Toc all by himself each week. Go figure!

Does that help Grenade and Navy Blue???

No - Balrag contacted Barooga and spruiked himself to them DIDN'T YOU EH PRINCE? Asked for some good coin and said he'd bring some players. Barooga politely declined his kind offer.

Mellington knocked back Barooga's offer of some good coin, a definite chance at a premiership, and travelling up from Shep with a carload of mates. He's getting about $450- per game on top of Barooga's offer. However, he won't play in many winning teams and will get to travel up to Toc all by himself each week. Go figure!

The Toc coach lives in Shepp so I'm sure he will be able to bot a ride off him if he is getting lonely driving by himself Doobie;)

The Toc coach lives in Shepp so I'm sure he will be able to bot a ride off him if he is getting lonely driving by himself Doobie;)
Thanks Hank. What a relief he won't have to drive up by himself!

(I'd still take a bit less coin for a chance at a flag with the Hawks if I was him .....).

Wats goin on at Echuca United.??
I think leitchville gunbower have been talkn to more of ther players.
LG should be called Echuca United bcoz they have that many players from ther!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard Balrag Singh is signing at Barooga

Go Cohuna, who are the apparent echuca united players leitchy gunny are talking to i'd be interested to know coz as far as i know they have lost some of there echuca players!!!!!!!!

Must have got the same mail about Mellington that I did Doobster. I hope he's not going to be the next Balraj Singh? :cool:

No need to start name calling Leeroy. ;)

Nick is a great bloke and a very good player. Problem is Barooga have ample onballers and not really looking to pay for another one. If he was going there for petrol money they would take him, but not prepared to pay him a whole lot to make it worth his while.

I'll stick by my call with Mellington for the time being, but appreciate that you are probably in a better position than me to know the real story. :thumbsu:

I think you will find that there might be a few gaps in Barooga's on ball division this year. Both O'Calligans are gone.DOC having retired and Rohan going over seas, Toughy has headed back up north, Byers retired and piss ant has gone back to Seymour.

Mellington hasnt signed anywhere yet but we are hoping we have some more news on this at some stage this week.

I thought I'd be the firsat to congratulate Rumbalara's Jarrod Atkinson on being Rookie listed with Essendon. Still got a bit to go, but headed in the right direction, WELL DONE!

I thought I'd be the firsat to congratulate balara's Jarrod Atkinson on being Rookie listed with Essendon. Still got a bit to go, but headed in the right direction, WELL DONE!

yer how good is that. i jus msged him when i found out on the net. hope he gets a gig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Sacco is coaching Finley, they must have been really struggling to get a coach. From all reports i have heard he isnt going to be very good for the position.
Yeah can confirm Matt Sacco is finley's coach. I'm not sure that your comment is fair "toquick"! As you well know, everyone who wants to coach has to start somewhere. I'm sure he will make mistakes, but he won't be on his lonsome there!

Yeah can confirm Matt Sacco is finley's coach. I'm not sure that your comment is fair "toquick"! As you well know, everyone who wants to coach has to start somewhere. I'm sure he will make mistakes, but he won't be on his lonsome there!

i just haven't heard a good report about the bloke thats all. I know the Toc boys are definitly looking forward to running out against him this year though!

I thought I'd be the firsat to congratulate Rumbalara's Jarrod Atkinson on being Rookie listed with Essendon. Still got a bit to go, but headed in the right direction, WELL DONE!

12 December 2007

Jarrod gets AFL call-up

METRICON Bendigo Bombers defender Jarrod Atkinson was picked up by Essendon in yesterday’s AFL rookie draft.

The 22-year-old, who had been taking part in pre-season training with Essendon, was taken with pick 21 in the second round of the rookie draft.

Atkinson was the only player from Bendigo selected yesterday.

Highly-rated Bendigo Pioneers skipper Grant Ford missed selection as did Bendigo Bombers ruckman Tim Plummer.

Originally from the Rumbalara Football Club in Shepparton, Atkinson was rewarded by his former Bendigo Bombers coach Matthew Knights for a consistent VFL season this year.

Atkinson impressed in the VFL with his hard running and creativity across half-back.

At 192 cm and 88 kg, Atkinson has the build to cope with senior footy should Essendon need to promote him to its AFL list next year.

Bendigo Bombers general manager Jeff Brennan said Atkinson’s selection in the rookie draft was a feather in the club’s cap.

‘‘It’s fantastic for Jarrod and the club,’’ Brennan said.

‘‘Jarrod had one year in our system and has been given an opportunity at the next level.

“That just proves to the younger guys on our list and to other prospective players that there is a pathway through the Bombers to an AFL club.

‘‘The bonus for us is that Jarrod was picked up by Essendon, but he’ll still get to play with the Bendigo Bombers next year.’’

Yesterday’s pre-season and rookie drafts didn’t hurt the Bombers.

With Ford missing selection he’s likely to join the Bendigo Bombers, while a number of Gippsland Power players are now expected to make the move to Bendigo after failing to get picked up by an AFL club.

New Bombers coach Adrian Hickmott led the Power to the minor premiership in the TAC Cup this year.

Only one Power player, ruckman Ben Connelly, was taken in the rookie draft yesterday.

‘‘Now that the pre-season draft and rookie draft is over we can go after the players we’ve had listed as recruiting targets,’’ Brennan said.

‘‘We’ll be chasing players who are still young enough to come into our system and improve their game and give themselves the chance of being picked up by an AFL club.

‘‘We expect to add 12 to 15 TAC Cup players to our list this ye

Think you might find a couple of you blokes are on the wrong track thinking toquick is the senior coach at Toc. As Toquick openly mentioned throughout this season who he played for, and it wasn't a Murray League club!

I'm just wondering how many games, Byers of Barooga will play this year? I think its a real blow to the league that a player of his standards wont be playing, a full season.

And now its nearly christmas can somebody give me a run down on how all clubs are shaping up? As from just reading on here its going to be a real fight in the middle of the pack!

I'm just wondering how many games, Byers of Barooga will play this year? I think its a real blow to the league that a player of his standards wont be playing, a full season.

And now its nearly christmas can somebody give me a run down on how all clubs are shaping up? As from just reading on here its going to be a real fight in the middle of the pack!

Nathalia will still be the team to beat. Barooga have recruited well but also appear to have lost some. I believe Echuca United and Mulwala will drop off. Finley appear to be strugglng.The suprise packet could be Deniliquin who improved as the year went on. Tongala have a good coach and some qualiy players and should show further improvement. Cobram will be better as will Rumbalara. As for Toc and Moama I'm not sure although I think Moama have a long way to go . Hope that helps and is reasonably accurate

Nathalia will still be the team to beat. Barooga have recruited well but also appear to have lost some. I believe Echuca United and Mulwala will drop off. Finley appear to be strugglng.The suprise packet could be Deniliquin who improved as the year went on. Tongala have a good coach and some qualiy players and should show further improvement. Cobram will be better as will Rumbalara. As for Toc and Moama I'm not sure although I think Moama have a long way to go . Hope that helps and is reasonably accurate

I heard a rumor on the grapevine that Djarrin Whyman may have signed for Moama??

I heard a rumor on the grapevine that Djarrin Whyman may have signed for Moama??
gee, i would of thought that he would sign with rumba. i can't wait for rumba v moama game if it is true and morgs would have to know something.

he josh, how is your tatt and has it been colored in yet?

They are throwing around a fair bit of kanga. Have already lost one signing though, with Tom Roberts deciding to head back to his former club Lancaster after committing to Moama.
On where clubs are at;
Nathalia and Barooga look like they could be head and shoulders above the rest. The next four from this years Top 6, Mulwala, Echuca Utd, Finley and Congupna all seem as though they may drop back a bit.
Every side that missed out on the finals looks as though they will improve. Cobram have added a lot of experience which they have lacked.
Moama as mentioned early are very actively recruiting and have already landed a few signings including the playing coach.
Tongala havent lost anyone of note and picked up four locals who have been playing in district leagues, all have played major league footy before though.
Toc, also actively on the recruiting drive, toquick has gone there, coaches brother Ben from Finley, and they seem to be the front runner for Mellington's service, lost a couple of good players in Pollard, Clancy and Margery though.
Rumba still improving and should push for finals.
Deni finished the year off well and with a young list look to be back on the up
Numurkah have signed a couple of established major league players already and should be on the cusp again.

So outside the Grand Finalists from this year it seems as though everyone else could be fairly even next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back