Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 3

Righto lets sort out the crap and facts.
Bighawk heres your chance to answer these rumours and lets get on with it.
The rumour which has been circulating, is a major sponsor sold his business and threw extra cash toward Barooga, who then approached a number of players mid season to play for the club for the remainder of the 2008.
Personally think if that occurred the club did nothing wrong and shouldn't be critised, nor should the players involved, or club, deny it ???:confused::confused:

Hey Pace I agree with you fully, but I belive bighawk shouldn't be made to answer any thing about sponsorship hand outs or other people's business's. Mainly for legal reason's or risk losing sponsorship for future season's(alot of people read this) . Grac I agree with you too, this maybe a example Ref ( page 48 bighawk) for all crap with no real substance about it (only rumour) to be done with. And just get on with talking about country footy!:thumbsu:

Big_hawk,

My question to you is why would this topic be a bit touchy? Not only you and me, but many other users of this site speculate how much some clubs are paying some players. With what I said on the GVFL forum, I wasn't having a dig at the Barooga Football Club, although it seems that you feel that I have in an indirect manner. I was simply making a point about a certain player and the offer that came his way. I didn't claim to be a member of Barooga's recruitment team, but I wouldn't post such a thing on here if I wasn't 100% certain of the facts. I can PM ou my source if you wish.

There is clearly no doubt that so many country football clubs spend big dollars to recruit players, but some clubs simply cop more flack than others. Unfortunately, yours is one of them, and there are many others out there in the same boat. I certainly do not believe that having it happen is right because it doesn't paint a pretty picture for clubs, but it's something that happens anyway, regardless of whether it's on here, down at the pub or in the local rag. It's what country footy is all about!

When you hear the same thing about the same club year after year from many different people and you look at that club and the proof is in what you can see, then it becomes quite hard not to believe what you hear.

But anyway, take from this what you will, but it will be the last you will hear from me on the issue.

Not bad Big Hawk, wish you would follow your speculating rules yourself. If you want know what I mean, go and read Murray League Part 2 page 48 and read what you speculated, then you can apologise to Nathalia for your underhanded accusations.

Thanks for verifying that it was pure speculation!!! At no time did I state that it was FACT, just allegated rumour! As for you guys, when are you going to apologise for bringing the game into disrepute???? For all those who don't know what I'm talking about, ask Ross Garner to model his fashion item made up especially in honour of our GREAT coach of the past two years, one Mr. Matt Byers!!!!!! :thumbsdown:
On the footy front, things are going steadily at present. Had around the mid 20 mark at training. Hopefully continue to build on that in the next couple of weeks, with the night series only about 6 weeks away!!!!!

Ouch ! tucky got you a bit fired up there Hawk , knickers fully twisted up :D No one likes bad press though ,understood .

Homer , Holobowski to stay or go ? Colbo to lose two of their best players they will be chasing pretty relentlessly you would think .

And the latest mfl player to depart for the Hdfl is Moama's own dim sim eating machine Luke Teasdale has headed to Lockinton/Bamawm , I wonder if he'll be out of the will for that one :D

Ouch ! tucky got you a bit fired up there Hawk , knickers fully twisted up :D No one likes bad press though ,understood .

Homer , Holobowski to stay or go ? Colbo to lose two of their best players they will be chasing pretty relentlessly you would think .

And the latest mfl player to depart for the Hdfl is Moama's own dim sim eating machine Luke Teasdale has headed to Lockinton/Bamawm , I wonder if he'll be out of the will for that one :D

Bring it on, hey guys, this is what local footy is all about, we all have opinions and we all love our clubs passionatly and will defend them to the end. However, we do need to clarify some things before we air them and at the end of the day we shake hands and have a beer, gotta love that.

Holobowski??? understand he working in Bendigo so dunno yet.

Thanks for verifying that it was pure speculation!!! At no time did I state that it was FACT, just allegated rumour! As for you guys, when are you going to apologise for bringing the game into disrepute???? For all those who don't know what I'm talking about, ask Ross Garner to model his fashion item made up especially in honour of our GREAT coach of the past two years, one Mr. Matt Byers!!!!!! :thumbsdown:
On the footy front, things are going steadily at present. Had around the mid 20 mark at training. Hopefully continue to build on that in the next couple of weeks, with the night series only about 6 weeks away!!!!!

Two years, plenty of cash and recruits, no flag, that is not GREAT coaching.The Garner fashion item was the response to the NON FACT of performance enhancing drug taking, alleged by a bad and sad loser.:p

Have removed a couple of recent posts which have been outside the following rule / guideline.

* Posting rumours is okay, as long as its football related:
Eg: Player X is moving to Cobram next year.
Please refrain from posting Player Y is shagging player X's wife or anything else which maybe of a personal nature or significantly detrimental to the clubs within the league.

Two years, plenty of cash and recruits, no flag, that is not GREAT coaching.The Garner fashion item was the response to the NON FACT of performance enhancing drug taking, alleged by a bad and sad loser.:p
Round 8, Nathalia at Nathalia....... here we come!!!!!:mad:

:(:(:( If he was such a great coach then why was he not humble in defeat, I just hope the scar's heal for you and you can move on.:D:D:D

Totaly agree with you pace to freeze,
this site is not the place to talk about those sort of topics, last i read it was big footy. not big gossip,

on another story, gotta feeling barooga have got some demons, i think if they can forget about them they'll be the team to beat this year..

yeah should do alright if he gets fit! so in saying that he will be a valuable asset in the 2's...:)
do you think he will be on the big bucks?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard that Corey Munsen might be heading back to Toc, can anyone confirm or deny this?
From the Riverina Football League forum, it's been reported in the Daily Advertiser that he has signed with Turvey Park???? See below:
Bulldogs collar MARQUEE PLAYER

TURVEY Park has bounced back from the departure of Matt Hooker with the announcement of the signing of marquee player Corey Munson.
Just a day after star midfielder Matt Hooker’s exit was made official, Turvey Park has been quick to get back on the front foot and unveil its latest recruit.

A decorated footballer from AFL Queensland club Labrador, Munson will arrive at Maher Oval as the Bulldogs’ new centre-half-forward.

Labelled “mercurial” at his previous stopover, Munson has been dubbed by Turvey Park as the perfect replacement for its previous excitement machine Hooker.

Turvey Park coach Anthony Dowdle was thrilled to announce the signing yesterday.

“We’re more than excited about it, we couldn’t be happier,” Dowdle said yesterday.

“I couldn’t believe it when we got onto him.

“He’s a big game player and teaming up with Jimmy Elliott, it means we’re going to have two pretty potent

forward players.”

The Bulldogs were forced to act quickly on Munson after hearing about his availability on Monday.

Munson was moving back to the area but appeared to be heading to Murray League club Barooga.

But once several of Munson’s close friends at Turvey Park found out, he was soon headed to the Bulldogs.

Dowdle said it was the perfect replacement for the departing Hooker.

“He’s another excitement machine who is going to bring people through the gate,” Dowdle said.

“I’d say there’d be some clubs that were pretty happy with (yesterday’s) back page but this is going to wipe the smirks off their faces.

“I know we got a couple of players off East Wagga but we always try and look outside the area to get blokes.

“We did it with Michael Wheatley and now we’ve been able to get another one.

“He’s going to be a fantastic player for this competition.”

Munson yesterday told The Daily Advertiser he was genuinely excited to be returning to an Australian football stronghold.

“I’m pretty rapt to be heading to the kennel,” Munson said yesterday.

“I’ve always liked being in a footy culture and I loved playing in the Ovens and Murray League where there were big crowds.

“Up here on the Gold Coast, there would be 50 people at games. So I’m really looking forward to it and I think it’s going to get me really keen again.”

in tonny last nite, the boys are going along niccely,quietly confident of a good year

Mainland you are spot on but its not spelt that way( although it is probably the way he spells it) Its Luke Souter:) :D:D

Thanx for the tip ringo but he had to change his name due to being such an attractive man....:thumbsdown: haha

He will get found out in a couple wknds at the boot camp (as will I for that matter)

Great to see the following club websites on the new mfl site.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6183-0-0-0&a=CLUBS

Bit slow here today, so i rated them all (ours is on the way also).

1. Nathalia (outstanding)
2. Moama (likewise)
3. Echuca United (very good)
4. Barooga
5. Numurkah
6. Tocumwal

Come everyone else, time to get going on these :)

Great to see the following club websites on the new mfl site.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6183-0-0-0&a=CLUBS

Bit slow here today, so i rated them all (ours is on the way also).

1. Nathalia (outstanding)
2. Moama (likewise)
3. Echuca United (very good)
4. Barooga
5. Numurkah
6. Tocumwal

Come everyone else, time to get going on these :)

great to see clubs getting there websites up and running properly its easy to keep track of past players u have played against and friends who play up in different areas its a shmae that a lot dont have them. anyone know were i could find a list for the clearances ? feb 1st they opened didnt they ??

Homer1, do you know with the new websites for the league and clubs if they will have the results of all grades each week like before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back