Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Very impressive, but i cannot remember a team in the last 15 years not entering a side let alone too years in a row, thats the point im getting at and with such a large population also, pretty poor IMO

It looks a little like they only want to play when they can put together a side of top age kids Big Kev.
Good on the Nathalia's,Tocs & Rumba's who turn up each year and play dispite their size and numbers. I'm sure they would have liked to have a turn when these sides aren't as strong.
Congupna, Moama & Tongala also are affected by these junior comps but still field sides each year!

It looks a little like they only want to play when they can put together a side of top age kids Big Kev.
Good on the Nathalia's,Tocs & Rumba's who turn up each year and play dispite their size and numbers. I'm sure they would have liked to have a turn when these sides aren't as strong.
Congupna, Moama & Tongala also are affected by these junior comps but still field sides each year!
"It looks a little like they only want to play when they can put together a side of top age kids Big Kev."
Are you serious? Echuca United have done every thing with in its power to get a forths side up and running again. The idea of a club only wanting to field a top age or stong team when it suits is absolutely ridiculous. 2007 the team was made up of around 50-50 top age bottom age kids and went on to win the grand final. In 2008 the under 14's had a squad of 27 kids, 22 of which were top age as it turned out, 2009 there was a overall shortage of under 13 kids in the entire region, and echuca united was the unfortunate club that bore the brunt of this shortage. The convenience of the GCJFL is the biggest obstacle the club is facing at the moment. With the majority of their under 14's football played on a Friday night and within a smaller region. The Echuca Junior Football Club (not Echuca United) seem adment that they want to build entire empire of junior fotballers by steadily increasing the amount of teams they enter into the GCJFL. Belive me the club is trying everything at the moment, and is confident that they will field a team in season 2011.

"It looks a little like they only want to play when they can put together a side of top age kids Big Kev."
Are you serious? Echuca United have done every thing with in its power to get a forths side up and running again. The idea of a club only wanting to field a top age or stong team when it suits is absolutely ridiculous. 2007 the team was made up of around 50-50 top age bottom age kids and went on to win the grand final. In 2008 the under 14's had a squad of 27 kids, 22 of which were top age as it turned out, 2009 there was a overall shortage of under 13 kids in the entire region, and echuca united was the unfortunate club that bore the brunt of this shortage. The convenience of the GCJFL is the biggest obstacle the club is facing at the moment. With the majority of their under 14's football played on a Friday night and within a smaller region. The Echuca Junior Football Club (not Echuca United) seem adment that they want to build entire empire of junior fotballers by steadily increasing the amount of teams they enter into the GCJFL. Belive me the club is trying everything at the moment, and is confident that they will field a team in season 2011.

Surely not every player at the Echuca Junior football club doesn't get a game. What has united done to try and attract those that aren't getting a game at Echuca to play down at united. Echuca Junior football club and the Echuca Football club have had a huge emphasis on promoting their junior programm for about 10 years now and a huge amount of parents, volunteers etc put alot of hard work into the programm. They are reaping the rewards for that now by the amount of players in their senior side that have come through the Echuca junior programm. United should bite the bullet and get backing from the senior part of their club to try and rectify what they have obviously neglected in the last 5 years. This is by no means a reflection on those that are trying their guts out at united in the junior ranks to field a side...more so the lack of vision by the senior part of the club. :thumbsdown:

Surely not every player at the Echuca Junior football club doesn't get a game. What has united done to try and attract those that aren't getting a game at Echuca to play down at united. Echuca Junior football club and the Echuca Football club have had a huge emphasis on promoting their junior programm for about 10 years now and a huge amount of parents, volunteers etc put alot of hard work into the programm. They are reaping the rewards for that now by the amount of players in their senior side that have come through the Echuca junior programm. United should bite the bullet and get backing from the senior part of their club to try and rectify what they have obviously neglected in the last 5 years. This is by no means a reflection on those that are trying their guts out at united in the junior ranks to field a side...more so the lack of vision by the senior part of the club. :thumbsdown:
I think your spot on there yeaa , Echuca are reaping the rewards of the junior football club , but is it detrimental to other surrounding clubs ?
Surely we don't want to start bidding wars, as such, for under 14 players , it already has detrimental effect at senior level ?
Should all juniors clubs be attached to a senior club and should senior clubs be restricted to how many junior sides they can have ?
If they ' ve got the numbers at junior level and are doing a good job that should filter through to more numbers at senior level ?

I think your spot on there yeaa , Echuca are reaping the rewards of the junior football club , but is it detrimental to other surrounding clubs ?
Surely we don't want to start bidding wars, as such, for under 14 players , it already has detrimental effect at senior level ?
Should all juniors clubs be attached to a senior club and should senior clubs be restricted to how many junior sides they can have ?
If they ' ve got the numbers at junior level and are doing a good job that should filter through to more numbers at senior level ?

gday pace to freeze, i would be interested to know how much involvement united have with the junior league at the moment, perhaps that is where they need to start building a relationship. also during the strong junior years united had, did they pick their strongest team each week from a large list, or were they just blessed with a super strong bunch of juniors in a small list ?

gday pace to freeze, i would be interested to know how much involvement united have with the junior league at the moment, perhaps that is where they need to start building a relationship. also during the strong junior years united had, did they pick their strongest team each week from a large list, or were they just blessed with a super strong bunch of juniors in a small list ?

Not sure on their involvement with the junior league I suspect they don't have involvement in the junior league ?
I'd also suggest fairly difficult to have involvment in another junior comp which is under 14 and under 16 when they are part of a league Whig has a under 14's and under 17's comp .
As for when they were super strong , they were blessed with two very good junior football identity's one I think is no longer involved at their club ( retired ) and the other is coaching their netball ? I think they had good numbers but all kids were given regularly opportunity ? I also think they may have culled as such their numbers at the start of the year which seen players move to other clubs !
I may be on my own on this and it may be way off the mark , but I suggest kids are more likely to continue to play if they start playing at a club they can continue to play and don't have to shift club at 14 or 16 because the amount of teams from the club they played at the previous age group has been reduced ?

Echuca United have an U/12 team in the Goulburn Campaspe Juniors, however the problem is parents get used to very little travel, no entry fee at games and no rostered jobs, most games are friday nights which leaves weekends free for parents, once they have had a taste of this it is hard to get them back to MFL instead they go to Echuca juniors which offer the same benefits to the parents.
However there is no club atsmosphere or trainers at games for the players, but parents don't seem to care about this. Echuca has 3 Under14 teams in the Goulburn Campaspe Juniors.

I hear Echuca United have been around to the schools, the seniors have held clinics, they offered a free bus to away games and to supply all the kids gear.......what more can they do??

I'm sure they would welcome any ideas.

Echuca United have an U/12 team in the Goulburn Campaspe Juniors, however the problem is parents get used to very little travel, no entry fee at games and no rostered jobs, most games are friday nights which leaves weekends free for parents, once they have had a taste of this it is hard to get them back to MFL instead they go to Echuca juniors which offer the same benefits to the parents.
However there is no club atsmosphere or trainers at games for the players, but parents don't seem to care about this. Echuca has 3 Under14 teams in the Goulburn Campaspe Juniors.

I hear Echuca United have been around to the schools, the seniors have held clinics, they offered a free bus to away games and to supply all the kids gear.......what more can they do??

I'm sure they would welcome any ideas.

You hit the nail on the head Blues Fan, convenience & lifestyle. Echuca United try and promote the family, full day football experience but the convenience of playing most of your games on a Friday night appeals to the parents. Lets face it kids dont give a rats about what day they play, as long as they are playing.

thanks you guys i doubt if anyone outside of united really understood their situation fully. Lets hope they can get some 4ths on the park next season.

A name I heard was John Hallam:thumbsu:
Seriously, I hear they are struggling BIG TIME... John Hallam he has experience from the previous area he is from. He would be a VG league president NOT SURE about General Manager though...Doesn't pay enough for a GOOD HORSE man like JH :)

Seriously, I hear they are struggling BIG TIME... John Hallam he has experience from the previous area he is from. He would be a VG league president NOT SURE about General Manager though...Doesn't pay enough for a GOOD HORSE man like JH :)

I hear they have many applications including some highly credentialed ones, so don't think the MFL will struggle at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is true and he can play. No doubt he would try and coax some Ky players. What is Reyne doing?

You'd be happy with that ringo, ky players already jumped ship for next year with finals still to come!

What happened Roadie, was the game spiteful ?
one of our 2's players got 2 broken ribs and a lacerated lung and is still in hospital. he got a knee in the 1st minute of play and went to hospital in an ambulance, the game wasn't spiteful.

i cant wait for us to play them in afew weeks in the 1st final and with i know that i will be looking forward to it.

Yes it is true and he can play. No doubt he would try and coax some Ky players. What is Reyne doing?

Very good hard at it player. Still pretty young so not sure how he will go coaching but good on him for having a crack. I would be very surprised if anyone follwoed him from Ky. Very surprised.

Hank, I would hardly call a young bloke wanting to coach as jumping ship. Pretty sure you will see him going in as hard as any other Ky player come finals. Having recently changed sides mid season yourself for your own reasons I would have thought you would be the last bloke to have a crack on this topic.

Very good hard at it player. Still pretty young so not sure how he will go coaching but good on him for having a crack. I would be very surprised if anyone follwoed him from Ky. Very surprised.

Hank, I would hardly call a young bloke wanting to coach as jumping ship. Pretty sure you will see him going in as hard as any other Ky player come finals. Having recently changed sides mid season yourself for your own reasons I would have thought you would be the last bloke to have a crack on this topic.

Thanks MJ42, just think having it out in the open would be more of a hindrence than a help with finals coming up. I am sure he would have rathered keep it under wraps until the season had finished.
Have no problem with him taking on the challenge and certainly not having a crack at him for doing this, good on him.
It was more the rumour and innuendo that was already mentioned on here about other players going with him that could be distabilising for the Ky Bombers at this stage of the year.
I am sure Echuca Utd would have been more than happy to get it out there as soon as they could to help with giving their recruiting a boost going forward for next year.

Thanks MJ42, just think having it out in the open would be more of a hindrence than a help with finals coming up. I am sure he would have rathered keep it under wraps until the season had finished.
Have no problem with him taking on the challenge and certainly not having a crack at him for doing this, good on him.
It was more the rumour and innuendo that was already mentioned on here about other players going with him that could be distabilising for the Ky Bombers at this stage of the year.
I am sure Echuca Utd would have been more than happy to get it out there as soon as they could to help with giving their recruiting a boost going forward for next year.

I agree with you that you would rather these things come out in the off season but it is hard to keep things under wraps, especially from Uniteds perspective, they would obvioulsly be keen to get the news out there. I suppose one positive is that its come out now and not in finals.
Just don't think jumping ship were the words that I would use. No doubt he will chat to a few Ky players about following him over there, but as I said I would be surpised if anyone followed him and also if he was trying to poach before the season finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back