Murray Football League - Thirds (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League Thirds

Yelland, no hope. Miller, could be amongst it. Barnett, unsure but agaist us loved sitting the kick behind the play and getting the easy one. got a few touches, but wasnt influential. Mark Wiley from Finley would have to be the favourite, awsome player, and a real stand out at finley, no one will take votes from him. he was easy bog agaist us for both teams, even though they went down by six goals. Brodie Tinning, playing real out at tonny, and im glad i play with him not against him, will be polling well. Brodie Garth making a late charge at the goal kicking 13 in two weeks. haha look out. top six in order what do yas think? This are my thoughts:
Tongala
Deni
United
Mulwala
Moama
Finley.

huge match this week between united and tonny that will determine wether or not there in the top two. go blues.

some one has to sit out the back and get it yer? hes been in our best every time bar 2. once he was injured the scond time he got knocked out in the 1st. he will win our b&f by a country mile

jake barnett
great footy player
incredible endurance

Jaryd Day could possibly give the best and fairest a fair crack. I'm not sure how he has been going but on the weekend he tore us to shreds in the middle, easy best on ground. His stoppage work was unbelievable, the best that we have come across although he was served by a pretty handy ruckman.

Jaryd Day could possibly give the best and fairest a fair crack. I'm not sure how he has been going but on the weekend he tore us to shreds in the middle, easy best on ground. His stoppage work was unbelievable, the best that we have come across although he was served by a pretty handy ruckman.
That would be young Broddy Dickson. The kid towers above most other ruckman in the MFL thirds competition and has the general body size and strength to back it up. This is only his second year of thirds footy and will really shake things up next year if he plays the whole season in the thirds. After making his senior debut in 2007 and playing a handful of senior games in 2008, he is shaping up to be one very handy ruckman.

Its good too see Moama putting a few losses together.. Two in a row and this weekend facing deni isnt going to be easy.. They will be having a hard road come the finals.

With only a handful of games remaining what are everyones grand final predictions? Like what teams and who'll win by how much?

Im thinking it will be Tonny (i hope) V Deni or Mul.. Ending in a draw knowing our luck haha and getting up by a few points in extra time. Which ever teams are there it should be close!!

no afence or anything but finley are f**king s**t as wen pressure comes to them they just cant hack it as shown wen played us

no afence or anything but finley are f**king s**t as wen pressure comes to them they just cant hack it as shown wen played us

hahah none taken at all. im from deni. why would i take any.
but i dont fully agree with the pressure thing. after all they did come back form 4 goals down to beat moama.... enough said

hahah none taken at all. im from deni. why would i take any.
but i dont fully agree with the pressure thing. after all they did come back form 4 goals down to beat moama.... enough said
Finley played against a fairly depleted Moama side who had a few out who were playing cricket overseas (I think).

Can anyone from Congupna tell me what the go was with their disgraceful actions before our game on the weekend? It was one of the most arrogant displays of poor sportsmanship i have ever witnessed.

Finley played against a fairly depleted Moama side who had a few out who were playing cricket overseas (I think).

Can anyone from Congupna tell me what the go was with their disgraceful actions before our game on the weekend? It was one of the most arrogant displays of poor sportsmanship i have ever witnessed.
Care to elaborate mate?

Care to elaborate mate?
Before our game we were doing our kicking in our lanes, when congupna ran out and came up and started handballing right in the middle of our drill. We were unable to continue what we were doing and when we asked what they were doing, their assistant coach or some supporter (im not sure which) started abusing us. It was pure arrogance.

Before our game we were doing our kicking in our lanes, when congupna ran out and came up and started handballing right in the middle of our drill. We were unable to continue what we were doing and when we asked what they were doing, their assistant coach or some supporter (im not sure which) started abusing us. It was pure arrogance.
Sounds fairly ordinary. Stupid tactics aimed at putting you guys off perhaps? There were a heap of Congupna boys on here all through last season that seemed to have disapeared in 2008. Perhaps the remaining players who use this forum could shed some light as to why they did this? roader_4?

I think you will remember the first time we played Tonny we were embarrased by them and they were all over us both on the scoreboard aswell as physically.
When we ran onto our ground Tonny were on their way to our end of the ground so i took my team up the other end of the ground to do our warm up. A coach came over and told us to get back up to our end and show some passion (as that is the end congupna warms up at before all games). As they thought that it showed a lack of respect and arrogance by tonny and it was time we stood up for ourselves as we have let teams such as tonny walk over us earlier in the season.

At least the game was played in a bit better spirit by both teams this game in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds fairly ordinary. Stupid tactics aimed at putting you guys off perhaps? There were a heap of Congupna boys on here all through last season that seemed to have disapeared in 2008. Perhaps the remaining players who use this forum could shed some light as to why they did this? roader_4?

Yes was running water for our thirds and noticed this happen, the Tongala coach proceeded over to tell our boys to just move away and go to another part of the ground to finish the warm up.
Have had this happen once before whilst playing myself in the GV by the:thumbsdown: Shepp Swans to try and put us off our game, didnt work then and stupid tactics in senior footy let alone a coach of an underage side getting his team to do it. Didnt work either time I've seen it happen with the protagonists being second for the ball and not fulfilling their macho approach when the real stuff started.

I think you will remember the first time we played Tonny we were embarrased by them and they were all over us both on the scoreboard aswell as physically.
When we ran onto our ground Tonny were on their way to our end of the ground so i took my team up the other end of the ground to do our warm up. A coach came over and told us to get back up to our end and show some passion (as that is the end congupna warms up at before all games). As they thought that it showed a lack of respect and arrogance by tonny and it was time we stood up for ourselves as we have let teams such as tonny walk over us earlier in the season.
At least the game was played in a bit better spirit by both teams this game in my opinion.

The coach needs to have a good hard look at himself and see if he really should be coaching an underage sporting side.
How would anyone from an opposition side know what end a side always warms up:confused:, and therefore that is in no way showing a lack of respect or arrogance to your opponents.
In your opinion roader_4, do you think by doing this you stood up for yourselves, and earned back whatever perceived lack of respect Tongala showed you.

Yes was running water for our thirds and noticed this happen, the Tongala coach proceeded over to tell our boys to just move away and go to another part of the ground to finish the warm up.
Have had this happen once before whilst playing myself in the GV by the:thumbsdown: Shepp Swans to try and put us off our game, didnt work then and stupid tactics in senior footy let alone a coach of an underage side getting his team to do it. Didnt work either time I've seen it happen with the protagonists being second for the ball and not fulfilling their macho approach when the real stuff started.

Mate you really think it was about us, who have one about 3 games all year, trying to put the top side off their game. It was about us showing a bit of pride and spirit as (I dunno if you were water boy for our previous games so you may not have seen) Tonny destroyed us on the scoreboard and we let ourselves down that day and it was time we stuck up for ourselves.

You saw it as disrespectful to your club and i can see where your coming from as i would thnk the same if it happened to my team. But you surely see where our coaches may have been coming from, when a team takes over your end at your homeground you (being a coach yourself) would want your players to stick up for themselves to a team that has held the dge over you physically and mentally

Mate you really think it was about us, who have one about 3 games all year, trying to put the top side off their game. It was about us showing a bit of pride and spirit as (I dunno if you were water boy for our previous games so you may not have seen) Tonny destroyed us on the scoreboard and we let ourselves down that day and it was time we stuck up for ourselves.

You saw it as disrespectful to your club and i can see where your coming from as i would thnk the same if it happened to my team. But you surely see where our coaches may have been coming from, when a team takes over your end at your homeground you (being a coach yourself) would want your players to stick up for themselves to a team that has held the dge over you physically and mentally

Certainly not, would be doing the exact opposite and making sure an opposition side that may have an edge over us doesnt get more of a reason to get fired up to beat us, which is exactly what those type of actions do, gives the opposition more motivation to put you on your ass.
By the way we don't have an END we warm up at at our home ground.
Also didnt see it as disrespectful, just stupid.

Certainly not, would be doing the exact opposite and making sure an opposition side that may have an edge over us doesnt get more of a reason to get fired up to beat us, which is exactly what those type of actions do, gives the opposition more motivation to put you on your ass.
By the way we don't have an END we warm up at at our home ground.
Also didnt see it as disrespectful, just stupid.
I agree with hank here. The actions were quite stupid and the Congupna coach clearly lacks any common sense. I don't blame the Congupna players at all, I know if I was still playing juniors, I would obey my coaches orders, regardless of how rediculous they were. After all, you're all only 15, 16 and 17 year olds.

As for teams having their 'ends' of the ground to warm up, in my experience playing footy, it didn't matter whether you were playing at home or away, you came out onto the ground either first or second and you did your warm up in a different area to that of the other team. None of this 'get out of our area of the ground' rubbish.

I don't think at this stage that the Tongala FC should make any sort of complaint, but if it were to happen again at some stage in the remainder of the season, I would not hesitate making a formal complaint if I was the team offended.

It is just stupid and uncalled for, especially in junior football!

I agree with hank here. The actions were quite stupid and the Congupna coach clearly lacks any common sense. I don't blame the Congupna players at all, I know if I was still playing juniors, I would obey my coaches orders, regardless of how rediculous they were. After all, you're all only 15, 16 and 17 year olds.

As for teams having their 'ends' of the ground to warm up, in my experience playing footy, it didn't matter whether you were playing at home or away, you came out onto the ground either first or second and you did your warm up in a different area to that of the other team. None of this 'get out of our area of the ground' rubbish.

I don't think at this stage that the Tongala FC should make any sort of complaint, but if it were to happen again at some stage in the remainder of the season, I would not hesitate making a formal complaint if I was the team offended.

It is just stupid and uncalled for, especially in junior football!

Yer i didn't actually hear any abuse going on but i guess its pretty disapointing on our part if there was any verbal abuse directed at any tonny players or officials.

On a different note, a question to the Tonny boys. how many of your better players did you have missing from your side that will play finals?

Yer i didn't actually hear any abuse going on but i guess its pretty disapointing on our part if there was any verbal abuse directed at any tonny players or officials.

On a different note, a question to the Tonny boys. how many of your better players did you have missing from your side that will play finals?

At the warm up when your team came over i pointed out to your coach that there was another end of the oval and sure did cop a mouthful from some guy standing with your Coach although to your coaches credit he was telling him to shut up.. Was just funny from my side of thing really embarrased yourselves more then anything and made us want to beat you more!

With the team we had a fair few out and had to bring up some 14s to play.. Had 5 or 6 who didnt play at all i think!

Cheers mate i was just wondering what the go was. I have nothing against you boys and think that you played fairly well on the weekend as it was a lot tougher game then the first time we played.

roader, i didnt see it happen, but what respect you may have got back from tonny for doing it was lost at the first bounce, when some young Lad came charging thru the center and kicked the ball 50m the wrong way!

My beat 22.
FB. W. Doyle (Mul) A Antonello (Cong) M Whiley (Fin)
HB. G Martin (Deni) A Grigg (Moa) A Brassil (Con)
C. J Biggs (Deni) D Thorpe (Moa) J Atkinson(Rumba)
HF. K Rowe (Mul) J Souter (Ton) J Giligan (Moa)
FF. M Wright (Rumba) B Dickson (Ech) J Day (Ech)

R. R Brasher (Fin) N Howe (Deni) J Cooper (Mul)

INTER. J Roberts (Toc) J Whelan (Deni)
S Taylor (Cob) W Nevile (Ton)

EMG: S Miller (Mul) D Pearn (Moa) C Bradley (Ton) J Briggs-Mazzeo (Rumba) B Grath (Ton) J Barnett (Deni)

just what i think. post a reply is you think there is something that could be changed.

cheers Boy

My beat 22.
FB. W. Doyle (Mul) A Antonello (Cong) M Whiley (Fin)
HB. G Martin (Deni) A Grigg (Moa) A Brassil (Con)
C. J Biggs (Deni) D Thorpe (Moa) J Atkinson(Rumba)
HF. K Rowe (Mul) J Souter (Ton) J Giligan (Moa)
FF. M Wright (Rumba) B Dickson (Ech) J Day (Ech)

R. R Brasher (Fin) N Howe (Deni) J Cooper (Mul)

INTER. J Roberts (Toc) J Whelan (Deni)
S Taylor (Cob) W Nevile (Ton)

EMG: S Miller (Mul) D Pearn (Moa) C Bradley (Ton) J Briggs-Mazzeo (Rumba) B Grath (Ton) J Barnett (Deni)

just what i think. post a reply is you think there is something that could be changed.

cheers Boy

team looks pretty good mate, few changes would be
OUT
A Brassil - is to old for thirds
M wright - has only kicked goals against the no bodys.
J Roberts - any player from toc cant be to good.

INS
B Garth - player who is dominant every week, and consistently beats his opponent around the ground.
C Bradley - one of the best ball winners in the comp, and has the skill to back it up.
J Barnett - gets kicks, and teams in top two.

team looks pretty good mate, few changes would be
OUT
A Brassil - is to old for thirds
M wright - has only kicked goals against the no bodys.
J Roberts - any player from toc cant be to good.

INS
B Garth - player who is dominant every week, and consistently beats his opponent around the ground.
C Bradley - one of the best ball winners in the comp, and has the skill to back it up.
J Barnett - gets kicks, and teams in top two.

thanks mate.. yer i thought that about brassil. wasnt 100% sure tho.
Roberts can play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back